New style of campagin

RitterKruez
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New style of campagin

Post by RitterKruez »

Hey guys, first off like to say I am really loving what Shenandoah has offered us so far. The best strategy on ios by far. However does anyone want a more open ended style campaign? More of a sustained conflict where each side more or less gets reinforcements and less time constraints. So its more of a slug fest of two armies that get regular replacements so it comes down to how you use your troops and handle the attrition. Right now we have some really dynamic campaigns with Battle of Bulge and Drive on Moscow. But what about one where its a even battle at the start. I'd love to hear some of your guys thoughts on something like this.
s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: New style of campagin

Post by s_nkarp »

Interesting idea - is there a particular historical situation you're thinking of that fits that mold? Or were you thinking of something more abstract?
RitterKruez

Post by RitterKruez »

Good question... I think more abstract, but grounded in a historic setting. I'm just more thinking a longer campaign that starts historically but gives us the players more options and reinforcements. Perhaps even the ability to choose what kind you want. Perhaps you accumulate points for objectives, territory gains, killing units which you can spend on new units/ replacements. A tank div would cost more then inf and you would have to request it. In a couple turns the unit/replacements arrive. Maybe have a random factor that could delay or they could arrive early. Kind of like the impulses per turn. You never know for sure how many you will get. Don't get me wrong I love how the games play out. I just wish we could get a little more variety and open ended gameplay. Basically I want my cake and eat it too:)
s_nkarp

Post by s_nkarp »

I love that style of game, but it's quite a different design - hope to be able to do it down the line!
RitterKruez

Post by RitterKruez »

It is definitely a different design. But with the base you guys have already made it shouldn't be too hard to make. I would love that style of campaign. What's other peoples thought on this idea? I'd love to hear some other opinions on this matter.
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

Are you thinking of a skirmish match? That could be something like an add-on, where the map is the same, but you could purchase units before the match. Or maybe even a random battle generator, choose the type of battle and your forces, and be able to reinforce during the match, sounds cool.
JohnCarlisle

Post by JohnCarlisle »

I totally agree with this.
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

Yes, but it hopefully is cross platform and allows the rest of us to enjoy another great title.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

We will consider it :). Certainly like the idea.
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

So call me crazy, but in DoM you have a choice to add either a new 2pip Soviet unit or to reinforce an existing unit already on the map by 1pip. I would like to see the ability to disband a 2pip unit and add it as a 1pip reinforcement to your units somewhere else. This would need to be done instead of moving or attacking, taking up valuable time from your day/turn. The 1pip reinforcement could only be added to a unit in a connected/adjacent zone and only a 2pip unit could be liquidated (thus you would not be disbanding a 6pip units at the end of the map to reinforce front line units). Yes, I realize the game changes this would require, the hours involved in programming new mechanics and months spent on bug fixes this change would create.... I'm crazy for good reason :)

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”