Difference between axis AIs?

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
TexMurphy
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Difference between axis AIs?

Post by TexMurphy »

I really like that you guys went for different style rather then difficulty on the AIs. I also like how you made them thematic, super cool!

But I do feel that they play too similar or rather I beat them both exploiting the same weakness. Both push too hard in the center coming straight west from St Vith getting isolated by cutting them off from spa and Bastogne. Some times von Rundstedt is careful to cover up but if you fall back in the center they will both push their tanks hard up the gut. Neither tries to pin the defenses up north with a slow advancing line and then make a push down south.

So bit better covering of supply lines would be expected by Rundstedt.
daviddunham
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Difference between axis AIs?

Post by daviddunham »

All* of the AIs are aware of supply, though they may weight it differently. However, their awareness is something we plan on improving in a future release.

* All 8, that is. (Different scenarios need different decision-making.)
s_pixelgeek
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Difference between axis AIs?

Post by s_pixelgeek »

I just play a Bulge scenario where Sepp walked into a wall of allied forces and then slipped south of Bastogne to try to reach the Muese. Sepp played very loose with units and supply in order to dash to a victory and I was able to catch him out doing it. Something that I have yet to see In a game so far

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”