IOS Version 2.16

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: IOS Version 2.16

Post by DonCzirr »

Shards wrote:Hi DonCzirr,

The overwhelming feedback we received from iDevice users (especially iPhone/iPod users) when we released last month was that they wanted us to return to a version of the UI that was closer to the previous style. The latest version implemented that update, but also sadly meant that we had to temporarily leave out some of the new features we added as they just didn't work with the old UI style.

As such, the save system is now running like it did previously, with a single auto-save slot that saves at the beginning of each new turn.

We are looking into how we can re-introduce the full PC-style save system in our next update (1.16 PC/Mac, 2.17 for iOS) whilst still retaining the latest UI style.

I'm sorry for the temporary change.

Thanks,

Any updates here guys?

Looking at the in-game Menu - even on the lower Res device, it seems that there should be room for a Save button.

Any ETA on 2.17 ?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
DonCzirr

Re: IOS Version 2.16

Post by DonCzirr »

Actually - I see that it's up to 2.18 and the Save / Load functions are now available for us poor Low Res folks. Thanks for that.

Only last issue I have is the quick odds display when first activating an area for battle.

On the iPOD 5, it still displays only a generic explosion icon rather than posting the odds detail.

Can you guys work on that for the next release?

Seems like there should be adequate "real estate" above the battle dialogue box even on low res?

Best regards,
Don
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”