For the love of god

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Madmoose68
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

For the love of god

Post by Madmoose68 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:51 am

Please, expedite an "opt-out" option. I had no idea so many players would suspend play b/c of bugs. I'm stuck in 23 games with only a couple of opponents making rare moves. The rest have stopped playing. I used to play 20 concurrent games, making multiple moves each day and usually knocking out 2 or 3 full games every other day. This is so frustrating! Why is this transition taking so long? Bite the bullet and PAY for some the old coding talent. It's getting old, fast!!
Do you have enough beta testers???

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: For the love of god

Post by IainMcNeil » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 am

The most requested change was adding a live head to head option so this is what is being tested at the moment. If you want to have games removed where opponents are not playing, you can contact support and they'll manually remove them until there is a way to do it in game. There is a team of programmers working on the game but this stuff takes time so thanks for you patience. You can't throw additional programmers at code. You need to get up to speed and this takes many months on such complex code bases. Any additional programmers would do more harm than good at this point and create more issues than they solved.

Additional testers would be appreciated. We have a very limited number of active beta testers and more always helps. Feel free to sign up and we'll add you in when there is a new version to test.

Madmoose68

Post by Madmoose68 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:24 am

Ok thanks. I was not aware support could do that. Also, thanks for the explanation of the process complexity. I'm not a CS guy, but it seems like there should be a standardized protocol for porting games to the new system. Or do you totally have to rewrite it? Or did the BotB creators make up their own language? Just kidding! I love this game, almost, as much as I love my wife!! I'll try to exercise a little more patience. It does flow a hell of a lot better, since the update.

Mr_X

Post by Mr_X » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

BTW
Could you programming-guys also please fix the VP-counting mechanism?
It's ridiculous to see a PC game - issued 2015 - being unable to correctly summarize and substract VP's...
There is plenty of Freeware for basic calculations, just in case...

Are you aware of the damage to your public image by publishing something like this?

Cheers.

mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi,
Could you please tell us something more specific? Screenshot with some explanations or a save game would help.

Mr_X

Post by Mr_X » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Sure...

This Problem was reported weeks ago by Halsey_74. He also posted a screenshot

Quote:
Stange defeat...

Unread postby Halsey74 » 19 Oct 2015 23:07

I've lost a game pbem for failure to count points

I played with the Allies, early in the 24 the game gives me the loser
Not count the points I managed to destroy German units.

It is normal?

You can find a savegame on your multiplayer server. Mr_X (Allies) vs OneSpartan (Axis) - Luck of the Draw
This has also happened to me a number of times using Head-to-Head.

May I conclude from your reaction that this is not currently being worked on for the next patch?

Cheers.

Scotbot
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Scotbot » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 am

Just had this happen in a game I was in playing as German in Bitter End scenario. At the end of the game (28th Dec.) I was given the victory with 54 points. However, I had only obtained 24 points from VP locations and another 28 points from kills. My opponent had 39 points from kills, clearly giving him a victory with me only gaining 13 points. But I was awarded the victory for a point total that didn't even add up to what I had actually obtained if you didn't count unit losses.

Game was ScottK vs. PeterJFrigate

AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 am

Hello guys,

The issue is tracked on our database and we are currently looking into it. Thank you for all the details you provided us with regarding this issue.

Cheers,
Alex

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”