Next iOS Update

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Crender
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Next iOS Update

Post by Crender » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:28 pm

I have been playing a lot over the last few days. Varsion 2.16 is an improvement on the first Slitherine version, but three things I have noticed really need attention:
1. AI
Despite the release blurb claiming an improved AI, it is actually worse than than the original version. The AI was weak in the original Shenandoah version but now it is non-existent. You said the AI was improved, you should either deliver an improved AI or not make such false claims.
2. Boot up
Why oh why does the game boot up to the last game played? Sometimes you can hit the menu button to get straight back to the main menu but other times you have to wait for the AI to play a turn first. This is really infuriating. There is a resume button on the main menu so the logical sequence would be to boot to the main menu and anyone wanting to pick up where they left off on the previous game can just hit the resume button.
3. Counter wobble
In all my years of playing digital hex and counter wargames I have never seen a game before where the counters wobble when they move. Surely in 2015 this is not a satisfactory standard?

There are many annoying bugs which still need to be fixed, but I am hopeful that eventually this product will be worth playing so I am looking forward to the next update. Are there any timescales for when it will be released?

AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Next iOS Update

Post by AlexRadu » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Hello Crender,

Thank you for your feedback and we will surely consider it. The next update will be out by the end of the month.

Cheers,
Alex

Crender

Post by Crender » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Two more issues which the beta testers should have picked up but in case they haven't.....

Scoring doesn't work properly which is pretty terrible when winner/loser is determined by the score. Sometimes when playing as Axis manpower losses are not deducted from the points gained for holding locations. Sometimes the score for holding locations is just added up wrong.....quite incredible really.

Secondly, the repacements grid fails to line up with the wording on some turns....it just looks ugly and sloppy.

Hope you are able to fix these in the next update. This game could be better than than the original if given enough work and enough patches. I hope you are willing to put the time into it.

Cheers

AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 am

Hello,

The issue with scoring is already tracked and the guys are looking into it, as it was discussed already on another topic. It should be fixed in the next update which will come out by the end of the month. We will look at the second issue that you mentioned as soon as the critical bugs are fixed because these issues have a bit more priority. We are putting time into the game and we really appreciate your bug reports and feedback. Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Alex

pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm

AlexRadu wrote: The next update will be out by the end of the month.
Has the lockup issue been tracked down and resolved?

AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes, the "Lockup" issue has been resolved.

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”