Bug Report - Reinforcement Phase - May freeze Game

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Szarpas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Bug Report - Reinforcement Phase - May freeze Game

Post by Szarpas » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:28 am

Hi,

I just encountered a potentially game freezing bug.

When you play the Germans, you can put all your mechanized Infantry to full Strength without using any reinforcement Points.
(You can still use them on normal Infantry).
When you play as the Allies, this may freeze the game when the AI spends points on the mechanized Infantry.
I still have an autosave somewhere, though I can't find it on my harddrive. If you give me the location where it should be, I can send it to you. In it you can clearly see, that a point is spend on a MI. The game then freezes with the MIs border still blue.
I play the PC Version via Steam. Please tell me what additonal information you need and I will send it.

Kind Regards,
Oliver Schaefer

BlackAda

Re: Bug Report - Reinforcement Phase - May freeze Game

Post by BlackAda » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:26 pm

So I'm not the only one with this problem! I've already sent saves of this problem and received a pm stating the games where ok and the problem couldn't be reproduced. I still get this problem and avoid attacking Panzergrenadier until they are either out of supply or I'm pretty sure they will be destoyed.

When playing against a computer opponent, the saves are located in Users->username->AppData->LocalLow->Shenadoah Studio->Battle of the Bulge->save->ComputerOpponent.gd

Szarpas

Post by Szarpas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Thank you, BlackAda that info was useful. So, here is the savefile. Hopefully it lends your initial Bugreport some credibility.
I believe the problem may be based on problems with local and global variables in the source code. Perhaps the code for normal Infantry and MI differ in some way? I've had some similar problem, when I cut off the last Germans in my first Impulse of the day, though I don't really remember, if it was a normal Inf or a PG.

Edit: Played today and it froze again. Again, after reinforcing a PzGren. Devs take this seriously, please.
Original save has the ending _01.gd. This one is *_02.gd. You can see the PzGren at Prüm being reinforced.
Attachments
ComputerOpponent-BugReport.zip
(11.29 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:45 am

Hello guys,

The issue is already fixed and it will be implemented in the next update. Thank you for your time and patience!

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”