Endgame queries

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
CEC1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Endgame queries

Post by CEC1 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:16 pm

I have just started playing the Slitherine version of Bulge on the IOS (whilst keeping the Shenandoah original as a back up). The rules in the Endgame scenario in the Slitherine version are different and I wonder whether this is deliberate or a coding issue. Specifically:

1 In the Shenandoah version the victory points in the original were increased to 2 VP for Huy, Marche, Dinanat and Givet. In the Slitherine they are 1 VP as per the original scenario.

2 In the Slitherine version replacements seem to be delayed if there are enemy troops in the reinforcement hex e.g. despite owning Arlon for the whole game my January 22nd US reinforcements have been delayed. In the Shenandoah version if you control an area you always get the reinforcements despite enemy presence.

I don't mind the change in 1. as I think the game is biased to the Germans with these extra VPs. But the reinforcement issue (point 2) has major issues and dramatically affects play balance.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have about this.

kind regards and Happy New Year!

BlackAda
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Endgame queries

Post by BlackAda » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:14 pm

In my opinion 2. is a bug and is reported here: viewtopic.php?f=343&t=69384

CEC1

Re: Endgame queries

Post by CEC1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:23 pm

OK - it seems to be the same bug. If only I'd known .....In the normal scenario, a multi-turn attack on Verviers on the 18th or 19th is much easier if it can't be reinforced So as it stands the strategy of taking Bastogne and Verviers and leaving the Meuse alone should lead to an easy German win on points every time.

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”