Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Sandvich
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bug Report - River Assault Modifier

Post by Sandvich » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Gameplay Bug:

Tested on PC Version 1.19
Affects all game types (Singleplayer, Hotseat and Multiplayer)

The manual states that the "River Assault" combat modifier applies when all attackers have arrived across a river boundary. Yet even when these conditions are met, the "River Assault" icon does not appear in the combat preview tab when an Allied unit is attacking across a river/bridge. However the icon does appear when an Axis unit is attacking over a river/bridge, and in both cases the battle map does correctly acknowledge the attack as occurring across a river (little red "River Assault" icon does appear).

I don't know whether this is a purely visual bug (just the icon not showing) or whether the defensive bonus is actually not being applied to the Axis force when being attacked across a river boundary - obviously this could be a game balance issue if true.

Thanks in advance to Shenandoah devs for their continued support of the game, though I know they probably have their hands full with their new Gettysburg game at the moment. It would be nice to see a fix for this if possible.

mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Bug Report - River Assault Modifier

Post by mboog12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 am

Kudos for the post, mate!
That seems to be a serious problem indeed.
We will take a look and try to squeeze the fix into the near future update :)

manthril
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Bug Report - River Assault Modifier

Post by manthril » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello Sandvich!

I looked over your problem and the good news is this is just a visual bug, so you can keep playing without worrying about it too much. I managed to fix it in our version.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Teo

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”