Gamecenter problem? Keep starting as wrong side.

Discuss Crisis in Command Volume II: Drive on Moscow. Designed by Ted Raicer
cmason
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Gamecenter problem? Keep starting as wrong side.

Post by cmason » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

I've been having a strange problem for some time. I try to start a gamecenter match, pick the side and scenario, and often end on the wrong side. Very frustrating. For example, In the past few days, I started 4 Typhoon matches as Axis, and 3 out of 4 times, I end up on the Soviet side. I don't want to resign, as that gives me more loses, so I end up wasting time I wanted to spend on other games.

I'm running the latest iOS, the latest app version, on an iPad 4.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Gamecenter problem? Keep starting as wrong side.

Post by s_nkarp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:05 pm

It sounds like you are using AutoMatch, which places a priority on getting you a game fast. If you want to guarantee playing a particular player/side, it's best to challenge a specific other player directly, using your friends list.

There is a thread on this forum that will help you identify interested players, if needed.

cmason

Post by cmason » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:22 pm

nkarp wrote:It sounds like you are using AutoMatch, which places a priority on getting you a game fast. If you want to guarantee playing a particular player/side, it's best to challenge a specific other player directly, using your friends list.

There is a thread on this forum that will help you identify interested players, if needed.
Thanks, I didn't realize that was intentional. I will try checking the forums. However, it would be very nice if the automatch had an option where you could say you only want to play the specific game you specified. I don't mind if the game doesn't start immediately. The game doesn't give any hint when picking a side and scenario that this is just a suggestion, and you might get a different game.

s_nkarp

Post by s_nkarp » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah, we should communicate it better. The reality is that achieving more precisely filtered matches is both hard to do, and hard to communicate clearly. We don't want people asking for an automatch game and then wondering why no one is out there. We also don't want to have so many zillion options when starting a game that people will be scared to try it (many never do, which is a shame).

Return to “Drive On Moscow”