The Lack of Stability is Unacceptable

A place to discuss Desert Fox from Shenandoah Studio.
BigM
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by BigM »

Hi,

I have been playing with Jaresh for months now - and purchased all three scenarii. Since the original company was bought up and we have updated the iOS software, the game constantly crashes. Rebooting, deleting and reloading - which worked in answering previous games' problems - is no longer effective. We cannot complete the sets of what were such a good series of war games. The total lack of support is confusing at best and creating serious frustrations at last. This is disgraceful and a commercial cheat.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: The Lack of Stability is Unacceptable

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry you are having problems with Desert Fox. Unfortunately when Slitherine and Shenandoah joined, there were a number of back-end tasks which needed to be merged, so that is why we may have not seemed responsive. However let me assure you we are checking the forums and are listening, as well as answering support emails as normal.

When iOS8 was released, we did test the games and they appeared to be working well, however we have seen the recent reports and we are working with a number of customers to try to resolve the crash. Hopefully we can get this fixed as soon as possible.

We have found one example of a repeatable crash which may be at the heart of the issue, however if you, or anyone else, does notice a repeatable pattern then it will help us fix the crashing issue. You can contact us at support[at]shenandoah-studio.com, where we will be able to test any pattern and pass this to the developers. In the meantime we are working on this and hope to have it fixed in the next couple weeks.
sconrow
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by sconrow »

"We may have not seemed responsive"... What an understatement. DF has been broke since iOS 8 came out and months later remains broke. Time to move on.
Radix_
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Radix_ »

Yeah...

I just saw one of two DF games that I'm still finishing (not starting any new ones anymore as I said earlier), get stuck too... :x :x :x

50% fail rate. Horrible.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

All I can say for now, we are working on this stability issues with iOS 8.
Kevininmaui

Post by Kevininmaui »

DF Campaign game is playable until option to refit/combat comes up. When I choose refit, the game inevitably crashes after I've placed my mines as the Commonwealth player. Frustrating to say the least.
BigM

Post by BigM »

I have stopped playing this game. Useless. Those who made, lied to us and sold it. Those who bought it have done nothing about it, they despise us.
DaShox
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by DaShox »

to be fair to them, I think there was financial problems and they were sold (or something) and the company is dead for now. Hopefully we will see them emerge again and fix the problems with this game and get Gettysburg released.
madafu87

Post by madafu87 »

please tell me a fix for DF in ios 8 is really in the works. this game takes a bit to get into, but is looking interesting. please fix.
squidders

Post by squidders »

VPaulus wrote: When iOS8 was released, we did test the games and they appeared to be working well, however we have seen the recent reports and we are working with a number of customers to try to resolve the crash. Hopefully we can get this fixed as soon as possible.
Any updated on when we'll have a playable game?

Steve
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

We have uploaded a new patch and are waiting for Apple's approval.
Radix_

Post by Radix_ »

Divergence wrote:to be fair to them, I think there was financial problems and they were sold (or something) and the company is dead for now
Where did you get the information re. financial trouble before the sale? Is a business model for these beautiful games not viable in the end?
Radix_

Post by Radix_ »

What's the story with the patch? Haven't seen anything yet
Michaelnit

Post by Michaelnit »

Isnt there something in the Bible about God stopping the sun which would have meant that the sun was moving, not the earth? I think I read that somewhere.
imitation_legionary
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by imitation_legionary »

Just gonna add my vote to this. The game is unplayable because of the crashes (I can't even exit the tutorial!) on my brand new 64 GB IPhone 6 with updated IOS 8 and lots of free space.

Help us Obi-Wan Shenandoah, you're our only hope!
eviltediz43

Post by eviltediz43 »

Ditto! I really am missing playing this game on my break. It always seems to crash at the end of my fourth or fifth day during the full campaign. Really a kill joy.
JusticeFighter

Screen broken after Update

Post by JusticeFighter »

Game is stuck in the lower-left corner, acceptable for the title picture but not for the game itself. Is there a way to fix this? (german app store, iPad air, already tried resetting device etc.) Well, at least no more crashes.
JusticeFighter

Post by JusticeFighter »

Ok, I found out what causes the weird graphical and game glitches, moving the map to the lower-left/top-right corner, rendering the game unplayable. This is after the debug patch. The Game forces iOS into portrait mode, breaking the game (control center opens from the narrow edges). Most buttons still work, with the exception of the commit button. Bug-reporting is impossible, and restarting doesnt fix it. I'll try to reinstall now, hope it works.
imitation_legionary
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by imitation_legionary »

Working fine for me now after the update. Thanks!
47savages

Post by 47savages »

yikes! threads such as this one make me loathe to part with my pennies to buy anything Shenadoah...

Return to “Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein”