Is this game similar to the old Star Fleet Command?

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
VegasOZ
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Is this game similar to the old Star Fleet Command?

Post by VegasOZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:51 am

Is the tactical space combat similar to the old Star Fleet Command game? SFC will not run under modern Windows so I am always looking for a replacement. Is this a somewhat similar type offering?

Thanks

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Is this game similar to the old Star Fleet Command?

Post by zakblood » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=65031

have a look yourself and see what you think, there is also some twitch streams and youtube stuff out for it as well, good luck, it's a great game

VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm downloading it now. If it's good enough for zakblood it's good enough for me. A trusted source of information.

Thanks.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:50 am

i was on the beta, and tbh thought it was good enough and different enough to give my time to, there are plenty of space games out there already, but imo this one is different enough to stand out on it's own, enjoy, i know i spent many happy hours with it and finished it more than a few times, cheated mind you as i'm not that good a player tbh :roll: :wink:

VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:08 am

Looks good. About what I was looking for except Star Fleet was "real time" if I recall correctly. But this is the tactical move and fire type of game I have been wanting to get. It locked up on me once after I patched it but since then it's been fine. I would also recommend it at this point.

Return to “Star Hammer”