Ottoman team event : Round Two

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Ottoman team event : Round Two

Post by awesum4 »

gribol wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:32 pm Did anyone have got contact with PanCalvus?
I messaged him along with the other enemies a week ago but have heard nothing back from him.

If he doesn't surface soon I am happy to take his place, I won't use Poles this time, I'll pick another from the list Alan supplied, is there any army you would really like to fight?
gribol
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gribol »

awesum4 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 am
gribol wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:32 pm Did anyone have got contact with PanCalvus?
I messaged him along with the other enemies a week ago but have heard nothing back from him.

If he doesn't surface soon I am happy to take his place, I won't use Poles this time, I'll pick another from the list Alan supplied, is there any army you would really like to fight?
Thanks for that.
PanCalvus wrote to me and we have got beginns ours competision.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Hey dang are you still celebrating? :roll: PM'd him but to reply. anyone in contact with him?
Shoutout.jpg
Shoutout.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

According to the British military Musuem
Few seasonal tasks can be more unusual than those carried out by Parliament’s soldiers [ECW] in the 1640s and 1650s. It was sometimes their job to prevent people from celebrating Christmas!
Stop that at once.png
Stop that at once.png (413.58 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Despite this... Merry Christmas gentlemen.
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

They would have loved Covid!......
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

It seems that Dang and Pixel are awol, probably very busy with work. So in that case, I suggest that their opponents Gdod and Flynnn5555 play each other. Can I ask the two of you to arrange it between you please?
Veles
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Veles »

Salve

I just lost Ottomans 46% vs Algerians (Tomoe Gozen) 16%

It was a brutal man. Congratulations.

This will definitely fuel my disdain for the Extra Nations mod :evil:
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Veles wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:36 pm Salve

I just lost Ottomans 46% vs Algerians (Tomoe Gozen) 16%

It was a brutal man. Congratulations.

This will definitely fuel my disdain for the Extra Nations mod :evil:
If its any consolation, Veles, I just lost also a horror-story of a game against the Poles but Snugglesbunnies can have the pleasure of reporting the detail.

So the Algerians were a wise choice clearly!
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

The Algerians just swamped the Ottomans. So many Tribal cavalry and spearmen... I think the extra 200 points was a bit too much , I think they can be a big army even without the extra points! The Ottoman cavalry was never able to get in to the game at all.
Thanks to Veles for putting up a brave fight in such good spirit.
Veles
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Veles »

TomoeGozen wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:38 pm The Algerians just swamped the Ottomans. So many Tribal cavalry and spearmen... I think the extra 200 points was a bit too much , I think they can be a big army even without the extra points! The Ottoman cavalry was never able to get in to the game at all.
Thanks to Veles for putting up a brave fight in such good spirit.
Yeah, I think the Algerians would count as a swarm army so would have a numerical advantage anyway. But what really butchered me were those Superior Sipahis with Light Lance which I didn't notice initially. My Sipahis with Bow didn't stand a chance.

I mean the battle was still entertaining though. BTW, what would you say for a rematch with reversed sides? Outside of the tournament of course and without the additional 200 points. I wonder how well I would play with them.
ahuyton wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:09 pm If its any consolation, Veles, I just lost also a horror-story of a game against the Poles but Snugglesbunnies can have the pleasure of reporting the detail.
So you faced Poland witch is already a good counter against the Ottomans except they had 200 points advantage and were lead by Snuggles? Ouch! My condolences.

On the upside, in the next round we will have the 200 points advantage... or are we playing scenarios in the next? I don't remember.
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Veles, sure , I'm very happy to try a friendly rematch in reverse. You should take the 200 points extra , I'd like to experience how it felt for you :-) It will be interesting to see if there is any way of resisting the hordes !
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Well done to the Algerians.

I don't really like lancer light horse. But I love the Scottish border raider light horse. Giving them crossbow as well as light lance makes them an almost super troop.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

ahuyton wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:09 pm If its any consolation, Veles, I just lost also a horror-story of a game against the Poles but Snugglesbunnies can have the pleasure of reporting the detail.

To be fair your center scared the hell out of me, with Janissaries in the open repulsing cavalry charges, and my poor horse boys fragging in the face of a rain of cannon balls, arrows, and arquebus shot. But Pistol(Melee) just gave me too much of an advantage for your wings to overcome. I'm rather ahead of myself on uploads, so I will post a link in this thread when I post the match in about a week.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Veles
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Veles »

TomoeGozen wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 pm Veles, sure , I'm very happy to try a friendly rematch in reverse. You should take the 200 points extra , I'd like to experience how it felt for you :-) It will be interesting to see if there is any way of resisting the hordes !
Ok, I set the match up.
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:38 am

To be fair your center scared the hell out of me, with Janissaries in the open repulsing cavalry charges, and my poor horse boys fragging in the face of a rain of cannon balls, arrows, and arquebus shot. But Pistol(Melee) just gave me too much of an advantage for your wings to overcome. I'm rather ahead of myself on uploads, so I will post a link in this thread when I post the match in about a week.
It sounds like it is a hell of a match to watch. Can't wait to see it on your channel.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

I have put up some possible match-ups for Round 3 on the other thread. I am expecting that the points will level out or give the Ottomans an advantage. Then in the last round we will play a scenario with even points.

We can debrief later, and decide if this experiment with variable points worked or not.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

It seems that the Zaporozhian Sich has grown so rapidly that I've despatched two cossack forces and I find myself delegating a bulawa and command to my good right hand man - Otaman Lefty Ladovich with strict instructions to put an end to flynnn5555's illegal footstool store near the Dnieper Rapids.
Giving Lefty a command.jpg
Giving Lefty a command.jpg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
flynnn5555 - Lefty (aka GDod's doppelganger) has set up a game for you pw = ottoman
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Sorry, I've been asked to set up a match no idea what I am supposed to do in terms of set up or sides.

Best wishes
Adam
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Hungarian alliance player sets up a game. This round they get 200 more points. So, you have to set up large, agricultural, click on custom and change your side to 2200 points (=200). You can choose historical opponents but it must be in the same time period...eg Zappy cossacks 1494- 1608 vs Ottoman Turkeys 1494 - 15 something something. May the force be with you...which it certainly is with +200 points.
You can find a list of historical opponents courtesy of Alan's posting. :) Does this help?
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

cromlechi wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:00 pm Sorry, I've been asked to set up a match no idea what I am supposed to do in terms of set up or sides.

Best wishes
Adam
Adam, as Gavin says, please select an opponent from one of the lists below. Then set up a game against the ottoman list 1560-1609. Then send Sedo, your opponent a pm with the password.

Then fight...

Lists

From Tercio to Salvo, must include at least a year of the period 1560-1609

- Spanish
- Austrian
- Polish
- Russian
- Transylvanian (you will need filters off for this choice) - to cover typical enemies in the Balkans

From the mod Extra Nations v2 (downloadable from within the game)
- Mamluk
- Safavid Persian
- Russian
- Portuguese
- Portugues in Morocco
- Moroccan
- Algerian
- Khanate of Kazan
- Venetian
- Venetian Colonial
- Wallachian
- Zapo Cossacks