Revolting peasants - team event 2022 - Round One

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Revolting peasants - team event 2022 - Round One

Post by ahuyton »

Hungarian peasants 1514 v Hungarian 1494-1526 (from Extra Nations v3)
Peasants to launch the games please.

Match-ups

Kiwiwarlord v GentlemanRanker (l)
ratprince v PeterthePainter (w)
gdod v gort7078 (l)
warrior230 v Awesum4 (w)
smjohnso77 v doyley50 (l)
Markleslie v snooky51 (l)
BobGanoush v Snugglebunnies (w)
Lascar v Kerry D
ahuyton v tbc
Last edited by ahuyton on Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
markleslie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Revolting peasants - team event 2022 - Round One

Post by markleslie »

The scene is set, the players have but to play.

password snooky51.

Umm, that last PM was intended for my Brothers and Sisters in the resistance, sorry.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

markleslie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:53 pm The scene is set, the players have but to play.

password snooky51.

Umm, that last PM was intended for my Brothers and Sisters in the resistance, sorry.
We all enjoyed it!
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

I have attempted to set up a game for my opponent, peterthepainter

password: peasantsrule

If I did something wrong Peter, feel free to re set up and ill join! ;)

Thanks and good luck!
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

To ratprince,
You have proved that peasants can set up battles. Now can they win them? Then we will see if the peasanrs can rule.

Looking forward to finding out. Enjoy.
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

HAH! I think my floundering attempt was mostly a fail! ;)
PeterThePainter

To ratprince,

Have a look at the PM I sent you yesterday before you start the game, it be helpful.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

gort7078, Imperial Prince eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, then? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society!

Well, as the executive officer of the week, GDod of the Hungarian anarcho-syndicalist commune, challenges your supreme executive power because it's not derived from a mandate from the masses.You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some bloated King tapped you on the shoulder! I mean, if I went 'round saying I was a prince just because some castle dwelling violent psychopath whose family made a fortune by inventing goulash had pointed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

As our dear neighbouring pig farmer Comrade Snooky has already stated
The scene is set
Two arms Two arms (Is that what we say Snooky?) password gort
Our  first war cabinet.jpg
Our first war cabinet.jpg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 2020 times
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Looking at the list of games, Gort and Doyle have not yet picked up the challenges.

Perhaps, Gavin and Steve, one of you moves to the Princely team and you play each other?
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

The challenge only seems to have been set up yesterday, I was not aware of it but I have now accepted.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Doyley50 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am The challenge only seems to have been set up yesterday, I was not aware of it but I have now accepted.
Ah, sorry about that. Thanks anyway and best of luck!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

During the tumultuous first meeting of the Hungarian anarcho-syndicalist commune where Two Arms Two Arms echoed off the hovels roof and reverberated mindlessly around the dirt floor, a vote was taken. WAR was declared the only solution. However, later that same day...
After seeing the enemy .jpg
After seeing the enemy .jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Our General recently dispatched a Tell-a-Gran who has just arrived at the palace (ie: the hovel with a scattered straw floor rather than dirt) from the front via a hard ridden ass. Her missive has been posted on the village noticeboard. It reads:-

The peasants spears are collapsing en masse but the rest of the line remains stalwart. The enemy guns are taken. Stop. We fear for Marshal for the day, Markleslie, in charge of our spearmen from fish row. Stop. The village ironmonger will be pleased with our captured cannons. Stop. New pitchforks for everyone, Hoorah! Stop
Things take a bad turn.jpg
Things take a bad turn.jpg (32.06 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Additionally, A note was attached from the General to the village elders asking them to convene a sub-committee to investigate how Snooky sneaked into our previous meeting of the Hungarian anarcho-syndicalist commune
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Our General recently dispatched a Tell-a-great-Gran who has just arrived at the palace from the front via another hard ridden ass. As you can imagine it's taken much longer to arrive than expected. Her missive has been posted on the village noticeboard. It reads:-

The peasants spears have indeed collapsed en masse without rallying Stop The enemy guns have been taken Stop We have intercepted the Hungarian imperial lackeys trying to sneak all our guns from the field Stop Unfortunately, they've all be spiked Stop Marshal for the day, Markleslie, in charge of our spearmen from fish row has been found drunkenly drowning his sorrows in a local tavern Stop But he should be pleased the peasant pike-men and assorted missile-men have routed the rest Stop Two new pitchforks for everyone, Hoorah! Stop

Don fought valiantly and took out unit after unit with massed mounted archery before surrounding them. However, the Peasant pikes quickly engaged the Imperial knights and mercenary Landsknecht whilst other peasants weighed into the fight from flanks and rear. Having broken the knights and Landsknechts, the peasant blocks then turned on pursuing and uncommitted cavalry, trapping and routing them.

Many imperial lackies escaped due to our lack of cavalry, though Iskander the Accursed, Charles the Bewitched, Colomon the Bookish, Geoffrey the Broom-Plant, John the Careless, Vasili the Crosseyed, Edmund Crouchback, Ivan Moneybags, James the Rash, Louis the Unavoidable (NB actual period nicknames) from No36 (quite a big hut) and their neighbour Bob (who cuts timber to make fences, wooden beams, planks, windows and doors, and furniture) chased them for several miles.

Final count 52 - 26

All the best when we meet again. A very enjoyable and congenial game with a gentleman and scholar.

PS. Now having captured armour, some peasants start thinking of new demands!
After the battle.png
After the battle.png (141.16 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
markleslie

Post by markleslie »

Your Highness, 40,000 more for dinner!

Barely have we wiped the sweat from our brow and helped ourselves to the "Royal" victuals than news has already flown far and wide of our successful strike action. Hurrah!

No doubt even now the infernal wings of imps carry word to the golden palace of their master in Rome.

Long live the fighters!
PeterThePainter

My Awesum4 Lord,

PeterthePainter (Nobility) 39% routed; beat RatPrince (Peasants) 60% routed.

I am pleased to report our forces have, at some cost, overcome the rebellious serfs but it was a close run thing. The rebel leader, ratprince (a fantastic name for a rebel general), showed great skill. The centre of the field was dominated by a number of woods so both armies deployed on one side of these obstacles. Ratprince used the woods to frustrate attempts by my light horse, hussars and demi lancers to outflank him on my right, whilst quickly spreading his substantial force (42,000 men against our mere 15,000) to his right to block attempts by my light horse and cavalry to turn that flank. Then his right consisting of pike blocks and Szekler cavalry forced my cavalry to retreat which turned into the rout of my entire left wing.

Fortunately on the right my light foot were doing sterling work in the woods not just holding the rebels but decimating them there. Eventually some light horse worked their way through and around the hordes of revolting peasants to harass the enemy rear and take out their artillery. These were later joined by Hussars from the right wing flanking force that finally got around the rebels blocking tactics to arrive in time to administer a few timely rear charges to blocks of peasant pikemen. My centre consisting of the Landsknecht pike blocks and Gendarmes did well repelling the rebel’s initial assault and the enemy broke just before his triumphant right wing could engage with and overwhelm my centre.

May I suggest a few concessions to the peasants to forestall future uprisings if only because I am not sure my nerves will survive many more battles at these odds. Alternatively we could torture the serfs sit their leader on a burning metal throne and condemn our country to centuries as a European backwater.

Well played to ratprince it was a great game and I believed I had lost when my left wing turned tail and ran.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

markleslie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:20 am Your Highness, 40,000 more for dinner!
Just in time... mealtimes were getting a little scary general. Clearly, you've merited the Order of the Hungary Peasant
Mealtimes at the peasant camp.jpg
Mealtimes at the peasant camp.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
BobGanoush

Post by BobGanoush »

"The revolutionary is a doomed man" - How it felt getting matched against one of the LH best with a LH heavy army. Balling up every pointy stick in a blob and pointing it at one flank made some progress but couldn't finish it off before the cavalry and gun advantage cut down the unwieldy mobs bit by bit.

Snugglebunnies(60%) defeats BobGanoush(44%)
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

His Majesty Vladislaus II, King of Bohemia and King of Hungary does hereby:

offer congratulations to his victorious Commanders Peter von Artiste, and Snuggles von Bunnies, on their victories over the misguided rebels who have attempted to upset God's Holy Estate, and the Rightful Order of things, and of various men's place in that Estate and Order.

He offers his condolences to those who struggled valiantly in the other areas of unrest, but less successfully, rest assured your works have been noted and you will be rewarded for those efforts, either in this life or the next.

He assures those who have attempted to subvert our Glory and Way of Life, that their efforts will come to naught, and that the Wrath of God, and of the Emperor and all his lawful followers shall be unleashed on the forces of Anarchy and Treachery,

Proclaimed this 10th Day of July, in the 1514th year of our Lord, in our city of Buda
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

BobGanoush wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:24 am "The revolutionary is a doomed man"
Keep the faith Bob, we can build back better and we're going to need you to step up as one of our stalwart builders. Sorry you were thrown to the Hungry Bunny but I'm sure you've emerged a wiser, more informed peasant village elder.

The silver lining is that we don't need to feed as many mouths now (moldy bread crumbs all round!) and the campaign is far from over.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”