Tutorial: Can't Attack Iron Barony

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

FarAway Sooner
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Tutorial: Can't Attack Iron Barony

Post by FarAway Sooner »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just my failure to miss something on the User Interface, but only a couple minutes into the Tutorial, after assigning my Warlord to my army and Accepting the order to attack a province in the Irony Barony, I click on my army, but whenever I try to mouse over one of the neighboring Iron Barony provinces, I get a message that says "A Unit Ability Prevents You from Moving Here". Clicking on other buttons (e.g., the Diplomatic Actions, End Turn, etc.) doesn't result in anything happening.

Am I missing some obvious part of the UI? I've spent ten minutes looking at and clicking on everything I can find, but this aspect of the tutorial is eluding me. Hopefully I'm just being dumb and missing something really obvious?
FarAway Sooner

Re: Tutorial: Can't Attack Iron Barony

Post by FarAway Sooner »

Well, figured out the first problem. I apparently have a "High Guard" unit in my army, which has a "Garrison" trait (meaning, I assume, it's a militia unit that won't leave it's home province). Since the tutorial won't let me dismiss that unit, and since there doesn't seem to be any way to exclude that unit from the army, I guess I'm out of luck until the Devs fix this bug.

It's a pretty minor bug, and I can imagine how something like that slipped through, but if the tutorial is the front door to your game, you want to do everything you can to make sure you haven't accidentally locked it! I hope this gets fixed soon, as I'm unable to play further...
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Yes, this was reported bug and is fixed in the new upcoming patch
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Should be fixed now.

A new patch for Sovereignty, with more bugfixes and more balancing done!

Sovereignty patch RC1:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/di ... 457881490/
CyclopsSlayer
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Just an FYI, this is still occurring in the Steam Release client under the Tutorial.

Return to “Sovereignty: Tech Support”