problems w/ps4 NO WAY TO GET OFF EXPERT LEVEL?

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

lapisseadog
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by lapisseadog » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 am

I am a brand new player and just purchased OOB for the PS4, along with the Allies DLC. All the Germans in the scenario are kicking my butt because they are all level 13 and all of my guys are level 10? I do not see any way to change the difficulty settings. At first I thought that I was just losing because I am new to this and just don't understand all the mechanics yet. But I have watched several videos of other people playing this scenario and all their Germans are at level 10?? Have tried all different ways to access a change difficulties screen, but do not see a way out of this. Really like the game, but seems a bit unfair at the moment with my opponent so heavily outnumbering me! Thank you for any help, Dan.

lapisseadog

Post by lapisseadog » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:31 am

Just purchased OOB for the PS4, along with the Allies DLC, and the game is stuck on expert mode. I do not see any way to change the difficulty settings. Every German starts out with 13 HP, while all of my guys have only 10? I am brand new to this game, and really like it, but am having a difficult time playing with the odds so stacked against me. Please help, Dan.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: problems w/ps4 NO WAY TO GET OFF EXPERT LEVEL?

Post by bebro » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:28 am

Hi,

once you launch a campaign you should see 3 tabs in the lower UI, one of them is labeled difficulty. There you can choose another setting.

Pls. see pic below. This is from the PC version though - is this not working for you on console?
OOB_level.jpg
OOB_level.jpg (244.78 KiB) Viewed 76 times

lapisseadog

Post by lapisseadog » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 am

No, I'm sorry. I do not have access to what you are showing on the PC version. There is an options tab, but no way to change difficulty settings in any of the tabs once there. It's really quite impossible for me to get through the first scenario in Allies within 20 moves. The German ships are all set at 13, as are all the German units, including the bunkers. I'm hoping someone can help me out here because I do enjoy the game, but cannot get past first base. Thanks for the suggestion though, Dan.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:16 am

What map/scenario are you playing. Note that you cannot change the difficulty when the battle has already started.

When you play in campaign mode you can only do that in the campaign map, as in the pic above. This map comes up when you launch a campaign, and then after each scenario in that campaign, so then you can change the level.

When you play a standalone-scenario it's a bit different. There you choose the level in the same screen where you select a scenario.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”