Game not exiting correctly to desktop

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Game not exiting correctly to desktop

Post by Chris21wen »

I'm getting no on screen error meassages but the game regularly fails to exit correctly to desktop. The only thing I am getting is the standard Microsoft message about 'sending the error to them'. Can't remeber the exact wording on that.

Forgat, latest patch an DLC USPacific. Windows 10 all patched to latest.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Game not exiting correctly to desktop

Post by bru888 »

Patch OOB up to version 9.0.0. All DLC issued prior to and including Allies Defiant will work on 9.0.0, if I am not mistaken. To be on the safe side, also delete your Settings folder before updating the program.
- Bru
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

bru888 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm Patch OOB up to version 9.0.0. All DLC issued prior to and including Allies Defiant will work on 9.0.0, if I am not mistaken. To be on the safe side, also delete your Settings folder before updating the program.
Already patched to 9. Tried deleteing the settings folder but the game still will not exit properly. It's OK if you just start and then exit but if you play a turn it will not. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the task manager every time I exit.
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I've been having the same problem, although it comes and goes. Game basically crashes between 25-50 percent of the time when quitting. Well it only occurs after I finished my turns so it's not exactly that big a deal... Just wanted to indicate there's more than one person out there it's happening to.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Try running the game main exe as administrator.
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

VPaulus wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:26 am Try running the game main exe as administrator.
I will. Since I post last it's stopped doing it? I'm wondering if it might have something to do with switch to another ap. I run full screen with the manual open on the second and with email open. It might have something to do with it.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

It might.
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

I have the same problem, ocasionally.
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

I've seen the same thing off and on.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Chris21wen wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 am
VPaulus wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:26 am Try running the game main exe as administrator.
I will. Since I post last it's stopped doing it? I'm wondering if it might have something to do with switch to another ap. I run full screen with the manual open on the second and with email open. It might have something to do with it.
I just did a little experiment and it seems like you might be correct about switching causing the problem. It didn't occur when I started the game and then quit without switching.

Also it's not a bug exactly, I think, but I notice the time before you can kick an inactive opponent in multiplayer has gone from seven days to thirty-seven days. This is a really dire change, multiplayer was slow enough already and now people will find themselves flooded with games that haven't been touched in a month :(
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

robertahyuk wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 pm I've seen the same thing off and on.
Yeah, me too. I've theorized once that it may be connected to the game's internet activity. Access to the online news or the community crate. I think there was never an end-game "crash" with the internet unplugged.
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

Quick update on this problem. I'm now on a different DLC and the problem has not occured since. Seem it might just be USPacific.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

When I play and want to leave the game, I go through the menu before leaving(Exit to Menu->Exit) that to leave the game directly(Exit to Desktop) to avoid this kind of inconvenience.
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

terminator wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:38 am When I play and want to leave the game, I go through the menu before leaving(Exit to Menu->Exit) that to leave the game directly(Exit to Desktop) to avoid this kind of inconvenience.
So do I but..

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”