Trouble installing scenarios

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

eenge32
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Trouble installing scenarios

Post by eenge32 »

I'm trying to install Road to Moscow and Norway 1940 and neither of them are being recognized by OOB. I did download the zip files and place them both in my Scenarios folder. I copied the main folder out of the zip files and placed them in those in the Scenarios folder as well. The folder for Road to Moscow was originally named "1v1 Road to Moscow 4.2" and OOB did not seem to recognize that, so I existed Steam completely and renamed it to "1v1_Road_to_Moscow_4.2" and reloaded Steam and OOB. That didn't work either.

Went through the same steps with Norway 1940. No more luck there.

Any advice on what I'm doing the wrong?

Thanks!
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Trouble installing scenarios

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I'm not sure if it's the same issue I and others have had occur, but sometimes it doesn't get recognized unless it's a different scenarios folder. Apparently there's another one lurking around somewhere... Sorry I'm not the best help with this, if nobody more knowledgeable pops up I'll see if I can't dig up the specifics. You might also find references to the fix in the forums yourself if you go looking around in "scenario design", I believe.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Try putting the custom scenarios in the folder where the official ones reside.
steam.jpg
steam.jpg (22.59 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

That's exactly the folder where I placed it! How, btw, do I upload an image here? Or must I post it somewhere and link to it? I can show you the screen shot, but the folder structure is identical to what you shared in your pic.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Okay looking at the screenshot Erik provided, which you say is identical to yours, I do notice a difference with mine. Basically mine isn't in a "steam" folder. Mine is in a "my games" folder. I'm no good with screenshots either, heh. The full file tree is something like "Users > **** > documents > my games > order of battle > scenarios". So I guess that's what I'm talking about when I say there are two different scenarios folders. One is for steam and one is for the game. Experimenting with placing the relevant files in these should eventually arrive at a solution (fingers crossed).
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

And now, after a few different reloads of the game, without changing anything, it seems to be working. Not sure what I messed up, but I'm all set!
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Thanks to both of you for your help!
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

It sounds like neither of us were that much help, but so long as it works out in the end :D
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Well as it turns out, I still see an anomaly. I see an open challenge out there for "1v1 Norway 1940" which is one of the scenarios I installed. Yet it still shows as my not having it installed. When I go to host a challenge and look at the list of scenarios I can select I see "1v1 Norway 1940 v1.9". Evidently this is enough that I can't accept the challenge for the version that is currently out there.

Digging in a bit further, I see that in the text file for the scenario the v1.9 is part of the "Scenario" name. My guess is that it's not the case for the open challenge currently out there (by jgarcialopez84). Is that person just on a different version so we can't connect to play?
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

They do have to be the same version. That said, lately there's been some intermittent issues about accepting challenges where it's interpreted as not being installed when in fact it is. That I'm really not sure how to remedy, aside from crossing ones fingers as they seem to come and go.
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

While I'm at it, I see versions out there of Bulge to the Rhine that have MicroMod 1.3 on them. How do I get a copy of a MicroMod?
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Sloppy quick reading on my part - those are scenarios of "2v2 Battle of the Bulge 1.0", not Bulge to the Rhine
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

The micromod is something Erik has been testing for a while, currently version 1.3. It's pretty fun I think, you can ask him if you want to try it out since it hasn't been made publicly available yet.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

The MicroMod w/content is available in the first post here:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=80862
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Hey guys, apologies for coming back to this, but I'm still having some troubles. I can't get my "1v1 Road to Moscow 4.2" install to show up as installed on my device. I have it in both paths as detailed in the conversation stream above. Itching to get a game of this going but just having no luck!

BTW - with regard to the MicroMod, I certainly have no trouble knowing where the airports are now!
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

BTW, should have provided some system details:
Windows 10
OOB Version 9.0.0, 64 bit
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Here is the All Games List showing Road to Moscow issued as an open challenge by Parriego:
All Games List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg
All Games List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg (568.85 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
And here is the list of Scenarios when I am looking to Host a Challenge:
Host Challenge Scenarios List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg
Host Challenge Scenarios List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg (559.92 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Notice that the names of the scenarios are IDENTICAL, but I'm unable to accept the current challenge by Parriego.
Attachments
All Games List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg
All Games List Showing Road to Moscow.jpg (568.85 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Note that you should not use the the MicroMod for playing any scenario that is not included in the mod (Road to Moscow does not use the mod).
If you run a mod, scenarios need to be installed in the Scenarios folder inside the mod.
Like this:

mod_scenarios.jpg
mod_scenarios.jpg (15.62 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
eenge32

Post by eenge32 »

Ouch, did not realize that. I copied the MicroMod files into the same respective folders. How can I undo that? Do I have to reinstall OOB from scratch?

Also, does this explain my Road to Moscow problem? I see lots of other scenarios where I can still accept challenges issues by other players. Any idea what explains what I showed in the images I shared earlier in this stream?
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

In retrospect it's probably better to not go working with mods until the basic scenario stuff is sorted out. Anyway two thoughts occur with respect to your road to moscow problem. Firstly is that you say you put it in both possible scenario folders. Perhaps instead of adding it to the one you weren't using, you should have just switched it? So there would only be the one version I mean, but in a different folder than the one you initially used. Secondly you might want to try different scenarios, if only to serve as a basis for comparison.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”