One of the two cannons is incomplete :

T28E CGMC.png
T28E CGMC.png (532.33 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: New Units 3D details

Post by bebro »

Is not a bug. This thing is armed with two MGs (black) on the sides and one gun in the middle, like the following M15.

The MGs are very thin on that scale, and in some angles these seem to be over the gun.
US_AA.jpg
US_AA.jpg (347.62 KiB) Viewed 686 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Agreed, no errors here.

But how about the US M5A1 Stuart unit bug: "barrel has wrong pivot orientation and recoils 'down' "? That should be right down your alley, right?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:08 am Agreed, no errors here.
Not that it is needed, but great to have your agreement.
But how about the US M5A1 Stuart unit bug: "barrel has wrong pivot orientation and recoils 'down' "? That should be right down your alley, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggestive_question
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Sorry, but I really don't care about all this nitpicking.

And please don't point fingers. Even if you didn't mess up the cavalry animation personally, who cares?

You're the dev, fix your game, please.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:08 am Sorry, but I really don't care about all this nitpicking.

And please don't point fingers. Even if you didn't mess up the cavalry animation personally, who cares?

You're the dev, fix your game, please.
Well, to be fair, and not that he needs my support, Bebro is not the developer. Moreover, I get the impression that he is not a person who does any graphic designing or programming (he's more expert in DLC which requires only mastery of the editors).

Bebro can try to get graphic issues resolved, but again it is my impression that such technical matters are referred to some anonymous committee who temporarily get involved in OOB when the wind blows in a certain direction.

To the extent that Bebro is the only official who is involved with OOB on an ongoing basis (sorry, Shards, but that doesn't include you in this vein), it probably is not wise to be: a) blaming him exclusively for the shortcomings of the game, and b) unnecessarily alienating the only pipeline that we have to the possibility of improving the game.

I say this not just because of what you said, Gabe — I have shared your frustrations at times, believe me — but because I have seen other forum members take a similar attitude in dealing with Bebro. I have been tempted to speak up at those times but I have refrained until now.

Until the circumstances with Order of Battle change, if they ever do, I suggest that we all go with the flow and cut some slack.
- Bru
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Several old units could be improved by correcting some details at the animation level especially (cavalry...).
If I understood correctly these old models were made by developers who are no longer there and therefore could not be improved ?
I am surprised because if these developers have left the ship, these old models should no longer belong to them and instead belong to the game itself ?
We could possibly be asked for permission to improve these old units and if there is no answer consider this a positive response ?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:08 am Sorry, but I really don't care about all this nitpicking.
If you don't care about the other side of the debate don't expect others to care about your side.
bru888 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:29 pm Moreover, I get the impression that he is not a person who does any graphic designing or programming (he's more expert in DLC which requires only mastery of the editors).
Other OOB-related work aside I did extensive work on unit modelling and the like and still do when something arises that is in my field. The majority of the unit models in the game is done by me, but certainly not all. However, that does not mean I control everything in regard to units, esp. animation and implementation are not my field(s).
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

In the last Allies Victorious DLC, the captured PzKw E-100 does not have the color us green :

[Allies Victorious] PzKw E-100.jpg
[Allies Victorious] PzKw E-100.jpg (633.95 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”