Game Locked Up

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Game Locked Up

Post by uncajerf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 am

So much for this game... locked in an endless loop 'Thinking'. :!:

I've left it for nearly an hour, tried going back to the beginning of the turn, and it will not advance.

JRR
Attachments
Auto Save (Turn End).rar
(30.11 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game Locked Up

Post by zakblood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:00 pm

what version number are you using?

site or steam version as well please

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 pm

zakblood_slith wrote:what version number are you using?

site or steam version as well please
Steam 2.2.5
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:45 am

I even re-started from several turns back; it locks up again, when my allies take Port Moresby -- a turn earlier, this time.

I'll post that save if you want -- until then my game is unplayable.

Thanx.

JRR
uncajerf

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:51 am

lets see if it's something else first,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:20 am

NP!
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(13.53 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
uncajerf

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:45 am

Native Mode: 2560 x 1080

Driver Date/Size: 12/4/2015 maybe could do with an update

Problem signature:

P1: Order of Battle - Pacific.exe

Problem signature:

P1: PanzerCorps.EXE

Problem signature:

P1: dosbox.exe

Problem signature:

P1: Steam.exe

seems more than a few issues here, for me try a different res first and see if it still crashes in your games and steam etc, check your AntiVirus and spyware / firewall settings to see if anything is in the logs, just in case one of these are doing something to steam etc, as with more than one game having problems, for me it's a setting on the pc, not the game's as such.

so try to do the res first, not to play in it, just to test etc.

Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB
Shared Memory: 4094 MB, this is main system memory, as your using a 64bit o/s, with 8gb of ram and sharing 4gb to video, displaying at 2560 x 1080 uses a higher % more than at the next lowest res, so could be a video cache problem, turning down and testing sorts this out , either it works or it still hangs. 1920x1080 uses a higher % less than the one you have set now.

ruff rule of thumb, Twice as many pixels, can or could equal almost twice the amount of ram used, plus speed needed to run it, eg power of the cpu on the card, frame rate hit of around 33% depending on card, all found / researched from the net.

then AV etc logs...

good luck

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:39 am

zakblood_slith wrote:Native Mode: 2560 x 1080

Driver Date/Size: 12/4/2015 maybe could do with an update
Says it's up to date.
zakblood_slith wrote: seems more than a few issues here<snip>
Tried 2 different settings; both hang same place. I looked @ Norton Antivirus, and I don't see any problem reports, but then I really don't know where/what to look for there. Reported that I 'windowed' in/out of 'pacific.exe' multiple times, but that's when I was trying to see if I gave it enough time... Which reminds me: seems the 'pause when window not focused' toggle does nothing; Task Mgr reported that PCU use went from 40-ish% to .0-something immediately after I swapped out.

Thanx.

JRR
uncajerf

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:24 am

if it locks up on another mission and not from your save then it's a problem with your settings or setup, if it works fine on the game but just on the save you have, then it could be a bad save / corrupt etc, or just something in the game you have reached than has caused an error, which then the developer would need to look at the save, as 4 have already downloaded it, hopefully one will have been the developer to already have checked that and will hopefully reply if found to be a bug or fault etc

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:35 am

zakblood_slith wrote:if it locks up on another mission and not from your save then it's a problem with your settings or setup, if it works fine on the game but just on the save you have, then it could be a bad save / corrupt etc, or just something in the game you have reached than has caused an error, which then the developer would need to look at the save, as 4 have already downloaded it, hopefully one will have been the developer to already have checked that and will hopefully reply if found to be a bug or fault etc
Yes, it was the same scenario -- locked up at the same time mentioned above; Turn 29 the 1st time, Turn 28 the second run (backed up to about Turn 13 or 14).

Thanx 4 speedy response.

JRR
uncajerf

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:39 am

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=64167

would you mind posting the log so the developer can inspect that as well, it may point to something, it may not, but it all helps

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:47 am

zakblood_slith wrote:http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=64167

would you mind posting the log so the developer can inspect that as well, it may point to something, it may not, but it all helps
I don't have one for this crash. The day before (or maybe earlier same day) I had a CTD, and it asked me to report it; even told me where to find the log. I don't see any other...

JRR
uncajerf

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:23 pm

If the game freezes or crashes completely, please send us the log file.
It is called output_log.txt and sits in the <game root>\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\ folder.

For Steam, the default folder path usually is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\

NOTE: This file gets cleared every time you restart the game. So when an error occurs, please grab the file before you restart or any useful information will be gone!
this can be worth it's weight in gold as it has the details that the developer wants and goes with the save to work out what is and what isn't happening at the time of the error

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:57 pm

zakblood_slith wrote:
If the game freezes or crashes completely, please send us the log file.
It is called output_log.txt and sits in the <game root>\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\ folder.

For Steam, the default folder path usually is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\

NOTE: This file gets cleared every time you restart the game. So when an error occurs, please grab the file before you restart or any useful information will be gone!
this can be worth it's weight in gold as it has the details that the developer wants and goes with the save to work out what is and what isn't happening at the time of the error
OIC... Too late; I restarted as Allies. :roll:
uncajerf

RescueToaster
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by RescueToaster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:16 pm

Looks like we're having the same issue here, my post is right above (after I reply this, right below) this one! Hope this can get figured out!

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Can you install this hotfix and see if it solves the issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evxz9521wvdst ... c.zip?dl=0

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:33 am

adherbal wrote:Can you install this hotfix and see if it solves the issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evxz9521wvdst ... c.zip?dl=0
It worked! :D

Thanx... now I can continue this campaign.

JRR
uncajerf

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”