Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Post by bru888 »

shiroronin wrote:NORWAY BUG fixed, thanks. Played today (6.1.8 non-Steam) and there were no problems. :D
It's good of you to come back and report. Thanks.
- Bru
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

Thanks for your answers about experience and the cheat code.

I waited until the patch came out to play Norway. I saved campaign at deployment, the patch auto deployed through Steam ( I verified 6.1.8). I played through until turn 18 but noticed the bug is still there, 0/6 kills after killing several Norwegian units. Do I have to kill just British for credit? Do I have to restart from the end of the prior campaign?

I did get a pop up about a change in unit stats requiring a save under a new file name, could that be the issue?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Yes, only British and French units count toward that objective, not Norwegians.

I don't know about the popup but I am rather sure that, when you say "I saved campaign at deployment," you mean that you saved the Norway scenario at that time, prior to updating the game to 6.1.8. That means the scenario was saved prior to when the fix was applied to the game and, although I am no expert, I can guess that certain settings such as the bug that was fixed were saved with it.

Hence, I believe you need to start Norway over again. Try loading the latest campaign auto-save, not the scenario save, and proceed from there. The campaign save would be from when you finished the previous scenario.

Hmm, on second thought, I wish I knew what that popup message said, exactly. On the bare chance that it might work, first try loading the old scenario save, save it with a new file name, end the game, start it up again, and load the renamed scenario save. I think results will be the same and you will need to begin a fresh scenario anyway but, on the other hand, maybe the developers built something into the fix as a convenience.

By the way, I always find it a bit humorous that this forum software interprets - I am typing it out so that it does not happen when I trying to describe it - "8 parenthesis" as "smiley face with sunglasses." Here, I'll reproduce it now: 8) That's how your post came out as "( I verified 6.1.8)."

Funny. I like quirks like that. Please don't edit it! In return, here's a real smiley for you: :)
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

That popup will have been about the replay not being compatible.

As bru says, you need to restart a scenario for updates to take effect (either load the campaign save or hit the restart button)

Thanks,
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

bru888 wrote:Yes, only British and French units count toward that objective, not Norwegians.

I don't know about the popup but I am rather sure that, when you say "I saved campaign at deployment," you mean that you saved the Norway scenario at that time, prior to updating the game to 6.1.8. That means the scenario was saved prior to when the fix was applied to the game and, although I am no expert, I can guess that certain settings such as the bug that was fixed were saved with it.

Hence, I believe you need to start Norway over again. Try loading the latest campaign auto-save, not the scenario save, and proceed from there. The campaign save would be from when you finished the previous scenario.

Hmm, on second thought, I wish I knew what that popup message said, exactly. On the bare chance that it might work, first try loading the old scenario save, save it with a new file name, end the game, start it up again, and load the renamed scenario save. I think results will be the same and you will need to begin a fresh scenario anyway but, on the other hand, maybe the developers built something into the fix as a convenience.

By the way, I always find it a bit humorous that this forum software interprets - I am typing it out so that it does not happen when I trying to describe it - "8 parenthesis" as "smiley face with sunglasses." Here, I'll reproduce it now: 8) That's how your post came out as "( I verified 6.1.8)."

Funny. I like quirks like that. Please don't edit it! In return, here's a real smiley for you: :)
LOL - ok no editing! I didn't even see that the smiley snuck in there!

The pop up was about replays now that I think about it.

For now I am going to run through a couple of turns because I have not killed any Brits or French so far.
Fingers crossed.....
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

There has not been an update to the scenario files, rather to the game's engine. My guess would be, that no restart is necessary.
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

Update: It played through fine. I jumped the gun a bit. :oops: Once I killed a British unit the counter started and condition was achieved at six British/French kills.

On to Belgium and France.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”