Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by bru888 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Raine wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:18 am
bru888 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm
Raine wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm
Thanks, it is working now, didn't work with the previous beta.
Whoa, are you saying that you were temporarily advanced to 8.0.4 on Steam and were not able to play BoB? Now you can, being back on 7.1.8? If so, that means BoB will once again be broken with the next patch.
That's right.
terminator wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm
bru888 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm
Raine wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm
Thanks, it is working now, didn't work with the previous beta.
Whoa, are you saying that you were temporarily advanced to 8.0.4 on Steam and were not able to play BoB? Now you can, being back on 7.1.8? If so, that means BoB will once again be broken with the next patch.
Battle of Britain Mod not working currently with 8.0.4 but indicated in OOB Red Star - Beta Test Bug Report.
They break that mod with every patch. Here's a question for you, terminator, if you are still in beta: Is it all mods that are broken by 8.0.4 or just BoB?
- Bru

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2839
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by terminator » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 pm

bru888 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:55 pm
Here's a question for you, terminator, if you are still in beta: Is it all mods that are broken by 8.0.4 or just BoB?
I did a test with my mod "Italian Challenge", it works with 8.0.4.

PoorOldSpike
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Plymouth, England

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by PoorOldSpike » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 am

Sonderbehandlung wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 am
Is there any info, when Red Star will be out? The game isn't playable for me in the current state.
It's tagged as "Coming soon"-
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=813

incidentally 7.1.8 is currently the latest game version, it's playable even though the graphics are a bit messed up, but a dev said 6 weeks ago that they're going to be fixed, I don't know if he meant a patch, or if he meant they'll be fixed when Red Star comes out.
This is what he said on June 3rd-

"Apologies for the new issues you've all found, this is likely due to our dev team moving from an older unity version to the latest. We've planned for a lot of refactoring and cleaning of the legacy code, as well as optimisations and performance improvements for the future updates and DLCs. Please bear with us while we go through this transition.
Many thanks!
Adam"


PS- I hear version 8.0.4 was accidentally prematurely released on Steam recently but was then removed because it's unfinished.
To recap, make sure you're currently playing 7.1.8 so you'll be singing from the same song sheet as everybody else..:)

fidelio77
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by fidelio77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Operation star scenario (PANZERKRIEG) All primary objectives completed by turn 16th but victory has not been triggered. Why? Tried attaché screenshot but it didn't work.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by bebro » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm

There is probably a post limit you have to hit before being able to post pics or attachments.

Re your prob - did you achieve all primary *and* secondary objectives by turn 16, or only primary as your post states?

Because the early victory option in this scn expects the secondary objectives to be complete to trigger. If they are still open you can still achieve them in this way. If you fail to do them you have to play the full turn count.

PoorOldSpike
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Plymouth, England

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by PoorOldSpike » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:16 pm

fidelio77 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:35 pm
Operation star scenario (PANZERKRIEG) All primary objectives completed by turn 16th but victory has not been triggered. Why? Tried attaché screenshot but it didn't work.
Hi mate, are you talking about the single standalone scen, or did you play it inside the campaign?
i'll play the standalone myself later and let you know how I get on.
Victory conditions are often not as well written as they should be by the designers and are therefore open to different interpretations.
Here's a shot of the Op Star VC's, you say you achieved the Primaries and will have got a green tick against them, but perhaps the game denied you victory because you didn't achieve the secondaries?
Or perhaps the game doesn't end when we achieve the prims anyway, but continues for its full length.

Image

fidelio77
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by fidelio77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:35 pm

"you say you achieved the Primaries and will have got a green tick against tchem"

Well… it's more complicated. Green tick is against first 3 of them but against last one is still question mark. And I don't know the reason because on the end of 15 turn Kharkov and Mera were under my control. It's campaign mode.

fidelio77
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by fidelio77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:39 pm

bebro wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
There is probably a post limit you have to hit before being able to post pics or attachments.

Re your prob - did you achieve all primary *and* secondary objectives by turn 16, or only primary as your post states?

Because the early victory option in this scn expects the secondary objectives to be complete to trigger. If they are still open you can still achieve them in this way. If you fail to do them you have to play the full turn count.
Only primary. So this is the reason.

PoorOldSpike
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Plymouth, England

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by PoorOldSpike » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Okay guys I think you've guessed what happened but I might as well post these two screenshots for good measure from a 7.1.8 standalone Op Star scen I've just finished, medium difficulty.

PIC 1- this is turn 17, I've held Kharkov and Merefa (big red arrows) for the required 15 turns but the game still hasn't ended and I still haven't got a beautiful green tick(sniffle).
That's because I haven't yet killed 15 tanks (red circle).

Image



PIC 2- sulking and pouting like crazy, I go back into the game (it's still turn 17) and kill the 15th tank and THAT'S A BINGO! and the game instantly ends on turn 17 and this Victory screen comes up which put a smile on my face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..:)
Conclusion- we have to achieve ALL Prims and BOTH Secs to get a victory, I wish the scen designer had told us that, grrr..

Image

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by bebro » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 am

PoorOldSpike wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Conclusion- we have to achieve ALL Prims and BOTH Secs to get a victory, I wish the scen designer had told us that, grrr..
You can get a victory having *only* primary objectives just fine - but only when the max. turn number of this scn is reached.

You need *both* primary and secondary for an *early* victory, which can trigger before that max turn number (at turn 16+)

We don't want to declare an *early* victory if the player still needs to achieve those secondary objectives.

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”