How do you capture supplies

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

BCashman11
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

How do you capture supplies

Post by BCashman11 »

I have been trying to contact the right board for days. I have OOB sandstorm and Blitzkrieg. All I want to ask is how do you capture supplies and equipment. Its not in the manual and I have tried so many different ways. In sandstorm especially the british either blow the supply dumps or destroy their equipment, yet they have captured italian tanks. The game says to capture supply dumps but I can't find any method. I have surrounded the city, fast attacked the city, and stormed the city. If you can't capture the supplies you can't meet the requirements for victory. Help!
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: How do you capture supplies

Post by bebro »

BCashman11 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm I have been trying to contact the right board for days. I have OOB sandstorm and Blitzkrieg. All I want to ask is how do you capture supplies and equipment. Its not in the manual and I have tried so many different ways. In sandstorm especially the british either blow the supply dumps or destroy their equipment, yet they have captured italian tanks. The game says to capture supply dumps but I can't find any method. I have surrounded the city, fast attacked the city, and stormed the city. If you can't capture the supplies you can't meet the requirements for victory. Help!
Hi, capturing equipment is mostly done by events in various campaigns. What do you aim to capture, in which scenario?

Regarding supply - if you press space bar in the game you'll see which hexes provide supply. In general, taking these hexes with your own ground units will mean the supply ownership changes to you.

Cities having a flag will change to your flag if you seize them, but it takes a few turns until this location is considered fully yours. If you watch the flag closely you can see that it's somewhat down right after you took the city. When you own it fully the flag is up again.
BCashman11

Rfair chanee: How do you capture supplies

Post by BCashman11 »

Thanks for the answer. The main issue is Muas(sp) that holds supplies for the british. The other issue is near Bengasi. The Brits ae destroying equipment. There must be a way to stop the destruction. If the brits can capture equipment, why can't the Germans or italians? I don't mind a fair battle but the game's AI doesn't give the Germans a chance of capturing supplies or equipment. The british are using an italian tank, yet the germans can't capture equipment. the battle battle seems one sided. Sorry, Juust my opinion, but I could use some help.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Rfair chanee: How do you capture supplies

Post by bebro »

This seems to be about the Tobruk scenario, so the first one in Sandstorm.

From what I see in there Brits destroying supply is completely based on events, so it looks the designer wanted to stress specifically that supplies are rare in desert warfare. So you'd need to focus on capturing those few hexes which provide supply to get more of it. But usually the amount of supply points given at start should be sufficient to win the battle.
airboy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: How do you capture supplies

Post by airboy »

I've played the Libya scenario (1st in Sandstorm) at least 20 times. To the best of my knowledge, there are two supply depots.

The first is a truck at Benghazi. I've never been able to capture it regardless of tactics. I'm guessing that if you don't send armor/mechanized East to cut off the British retreat, concentrate everything on Benghazi including committing your main German armor, you might be able to capture it - maybe. But this would sacrifice the opportunity to cut off more British units retreating towards Tobruk. This one is not worth it.

The second supply depot will get blown in Msus when the weak Brit infantry retreats. There is no truck symbol. Most of the time (say 18 in 20 plays) my armor/motorized column will torch that infantry unit and there is no simulated "explosion" in Msus when the turn ends. This MIGHT represent capturing some supplies.

Regardless, I've not seen a significant amount of supplies captured. Capturing supplies is not necessary to either complete this scenario or to successfully advance your forces in the campaign.

I would not worry about it.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - AAR”