The Russian Campaign 1941 / The West Campaign 1940 (and other battles) - All Multiplayer

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

KarisFraMauro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: The Russian Campaign 1941 / The West Campaign 1940 (and other battles) - All Multiplayer

Post by KarisFraMauro » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Yup you're right, I must have been hung over when I was playing that turn...

SagsGames77
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: The Russian Campaign 1941 / The West Campaign 1940 (and other battles) - All Multiplayer

Post by SagsGames77 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi

Just want to put on record my thanks to the guys who put this awesome scenario together. I can honestly say it's proving to be one of my all-time favourite wargaming experiences.

Had a good first game playing Germans against KarisFraMauro and currently on Turn 68 in a truly epic return match with me playing as Russia. He has captured Leningrad, has the western bank of Moscow and has a very tenuous hold in one hex of Stalingrad. However, after 30 turns of despair every time he had a turn and returning hope when I managed to plug the gaps with the higher RPs Russia receives, I think I might just be turning the tide with a good counterattack on the plain south-west of Stalingrad and could be about to recapture Krasnodar, but there is still fierce fighting round Moscow which could go either way.

One particular thing I like is that the reinforcements are well timed and the rewards for holding cities are just right. Those IS-1s coming up from the east have always arrived at the front just as it was about to collapse and I think I would have lost by now if I hadn't managed to hold onto the reward cities for just long enough to get the bonus RPs (and of course deny them to Karis).

Now playing another game against nero156 with me as Germans so we'll see how that goes. Did get Kiev on Turn 15 but he didn't defend much forward and I'm only now coming up against his prepared defences so the real fighting is just going to start now. But I have stolen one very effective tactic used against me by Karis and I hope it will swing the balance :D

To cut a long post short - amazing work on a fantastic scenario - you have my respect and gratitude!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”