Units in Mod Design?

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Gustophus
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Units in Mod Design?

Post by Gustophus »

I have developed other mods for other games like Strategic Command and Operational Art of War. With a little elbow grease I had been able to figure things out and work those systems pretty well. This editor looks really easy by comparison and I would love to develope scenarios using it. The problem that seems insurmountable to me is the issue of adding units to a line up. Specifically I want to use equipment that already exists for the most part (American and British equipment for the French Indochina War) and add it to the French line up. I want to also create more variety in their infantry such as Senegalese, Algerian, and Moroccan Tirailleurs, SAS type paratroopers (Jeep heavy), and various Indochinese units. I am able to somewhat alter unit pics and can eventually figure out the unit specs part. However, finding the existing unit pics to simple add them to the French or to modify them for the Viet Minh seems impossible. I notice mods have a units folder with the unit pics. The actual game itself doesn't have that same folder.

In short:

1) How can I get the pics to reapply them in the editor?

2) The Admiral gave a list of units for download, but are Access files. I have Access, but it will not open the folders. How do I enter those? Would like to take a look at his Viet Cong units.

3) I read this is a Unity thing. I haven't found on the threads were anyone seems to have cracked that code yet. Can we get units from the master Unity files?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Units in Mod Design?

Post by Erik2 »

Interesting, I'm working on an Indochina mod myself.
Gustophus

Post by Gustophus »

Erik, I would be interesting in playing them. Do you have any insight into what I am asking?
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

1) You can use The Unit Navigator Tool for that. The pics should be in the right format already.

2) Those are not MS-Access MDB files. They contain the 3D-mesh data of the unit models.

3) Not sure what you mean. To add or modify the unit models you need some 3D software. More info here: Guide: Adding new 3D units
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Gustophus wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:13 pm Erik, I would be interesting in playing them. Do you have any insight into what I am asking?
There are two mods in the first post; one for the Korean war and one MicroMod that adds more French/Belgian units for a France 1940 campaign.
My Indochina mod is still in the works and will take some time before it is published.

viewtopic.php?f=374&t=80862

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”