Koller & Kmeť´s Multiplayer Scenarios

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

LynxCom
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Koller & Kmeť´s Multiplayer Scenarios

Post by LynxCom »

december 1944:
Kalná nad Hronom [1v1, 1944] v1.1, 9.12.2021 - Small but intense clash in southwestern Slovakia for bridgeheads on both banks of Hron river.
The scenario is historically accurate as much as possible ( :arrow: "Historical" version).

Kalná nad Hronom :arrow: "Fictional" version [1v1, 1944] v1.0, 4.1. 2021 - "Fictional" version of Kalná map. Both players purchase their own units and deploy them where they want to.

February 1945

Operation Südwind [1v1, 1945, "historical version"] v1.2 25.2. 2022 - Southwestern Slovakia - February 1945

Forces of the Soviet 2nd Ukrainian Front established a bridgehead after bloody battle of Komárno in January 1945. They are exhausted but have to hold the bridghead at all costs, because if they hold their positions this bridghead will allow them to attack quickly through Danubian lowland to Little Carpathian mountain range in order to capture Bratislava and Vienna from the southeast.

German forces launched the Operation Südwind in order to completely destroy the Soviet bridgehead between Danube and Hron river which is threatening German positions along the Danube. This area needs to be cleared of enemy units because OKW is planning another big attack operation at Balaton lake in Hungary, called Operation Frühligserwachen. To ensure safety of this operation, this bridgehead must be eliminated as well.
Last edited by LynxCom on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Koller & Kmeť´s Multiplayer Scenarios

Post by bru888 »

Well done on finding and using the "Announce your Custom Scenarios and Campaigns here" thread. Your post therein properly links to this thread, in which you will maintain the Dropbox download link and enjoy any commentary that your work generates. After a certain interlude in the "Announce" thread, your post will be moved to the stickied Custom Multiplayer Scenarios thread where it will reside permanently.

Welcome to the OOB custom designer's club.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Yes, good to see some fresh designer faces here among the old mugs :D
And I really like the off-the-beaten-path subject.
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by conboy »

I'm interested in this. I set up a challenge on multiplayer with no password. Would like a 1v1 on the Hron!

conboy
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

It is a small, quite neat meeting engagement. Lynx and I are playing a mirror game right now.
I like it :D
LynxCom

Kalná v1.1

Post by LynxCom »

1v1 Kalná nad Hronom 1944 - changed to version 1.1

Increased income for Soviets.
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

First post uptaded with Kalná nad Hronom free deploy version.

Next (and bigger) battle will come soon.
conboy

Post by conboy »

I played it as well with Brenmusik. I liked it, am looking forward to more.
With so few units, however, you should get your opponent to agree to play two or three turns per session.

conboy
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

conboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:05 pm I played it as well with Brenmusik. I liked it, am looking forward to more.
With so few units, however, you should get your opponent to agree to play two or three turns per session.

conboy
Thanks conboy. Every feedback is appreciated.

In Kalná scenario a player needs to consider various factors and facts every turn: supply lines, non-core units, low income, open terrain,... There is no space for mistakes or risky "avantures".

Next battle will be operation Südwind which took place south from Kalná scenario. It was last German successful operation in ww2. This will be tough scenario for "soviet" player. I will need to test it properly.
conboy

Post by conboy »

I would be happy to play the soviet side! Looking forward to it.

conboy
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

Operation Südwind [1v1, 1945, "historical" version] added to the first post.
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

Op. Südwind 1v1 1945

v1.1 - added more mines and MG pillboxes for Soviets, changed income for Soviets in T3. Changed name from "Sudwind" to "Operation Sudwind".
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Südwind

A few initial comments after the German deployment phase (Lynxcom and I have just started mirrored battles).

There are no German secondary objectives. You can easily add something like 'kill x armored etc units) and assign resources or a commander reward.

The KG Hupe event needs a proper pic formatting (512x415 resolution) of Balck.

Nice use of Waffen SS skins.

There are some gaps in the middle of the sentences in one part of the Soviet briefing.

Clever use of the Soviet engineer units to let the player deploy them and change the unit types to minefields and pillboxes in the deployment phase. I might borrow this in my own creations... :wink:
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm Südwind

A few initial comments after the German deployment phase (Lynxcom and I have just started mirrored battles).

There are no German secondary objectives. You can easily add something like 'kill x armored etc units) and assign resources or a commander reward.

The KG Hupe event needs a proper pic formatting (512x415 resolution) of Balck.

Nice use of Waffen SS skins.

There are some gaps in the middle of the sentences in one part of the Soviet briefing.
Thanks for reporting. I was busy last week so I did not play or make any fixes. I will try to fix the pictures.
I will consider adding secondary objective for Soviets (Germans have one, it comes to be active in the turn 2.)

Erik2 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm
Clever use of the Soviet engineer units to let the player deploy them and change the unit types to minefields and pillboxes in the deployment phase. I might borrow this in my own creations... :wink:
Sure. Feel free to use it as you wish. It will increase scenarios replayability.
LynxCom

Post by LynxCom »

Operation Südwind uptaded to 1.2 version.

- added 30 mines to deploy for Soviets
- Pliyev´s Corps Trigger - If Germans cross the river Hron, Malinovskij deploys another Corps as reinforcements - Pliyevs´s (Cavalry) Corps.
- fixed various stuff reported by players - pictures in popups, gaps in briefing, added some flags
- fixed arrival of soviet reinforcements - 4th guard para division and 16th breakthrough artillery division

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”