Page 28 of 37

Re: Road To Leningrad

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 am
by Erik2
Edgewalker wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 am
Erik2 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am
Road To Leningrad:

Added more supply

Link updated to 2.2 in first post.
Out of curiosity, for which side?
Both, but mostlyfor the Soviets.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 am
by Erik2
Papua - New Guinea:

Changed units to core units.
Added income for naval units.
Added US resources/naval command points when Japanese naval forces larget than a certain number on units get within a certain distance from Port Moresby.

Link updated to 8.1

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am
by Edgewalker
Erik2 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 am
Papua - New Guinea:

Changed units to core units.
Added income for naval units.
Added US resources/naval command points when Japanese naval forces larget than a certain number on units get within a certain distance from Port Moresby.

Link updated to 8.1
Also, considering Papua - New Guinea, at the end of the scenario I had over 1000 of both american and new zeland resources (while ressuplying everything to the max all the time), while my airforce points (white star on a blue flag) were constantly depleted to zero.
Result was a draw so it was very close game with none side dominating (except japanese naval steamroller).

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:36 pm
by Erik2
Edgewalker wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am
Erik2 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 am
Papua - New Guinea:

Changed units to core units.
Added income for naval units.
Added US resources/naval command points when Japanese naval forces larget than a certain number on units get within a certain distance from Port Moresby.

Link updated to 8.1
Also, considering Papua - New Guinea, at the end of the scenario I had over 1000 of both american and new zeland resources (while ressuplying everything to the max all the time), while my airforce points (white star on a blue flag) were constantly depleted to zero.
Result was a draw so it was very close game with none side dominating (except japanese naval steamroller).
The players should now be able to use elite repairs and re-purchase (and maybe update) lost units.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 pm
by Edgewalker
Erik2 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:36 pm
Edgewalker wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am
Erik2 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 am
Papua - New Guinea:

Changed units to core units.
Added income for naval units.
Added US resources/naval command points when Japanese naval forces larget than a certain number on units get within a certain distance from Port Moresby.

Link updated to 8.1
Also, considering Papua - New Guinea, at the end of the scenario I had over 1000 of both american and new zeland resources (while ressuplying everything to the max all the time), while my airforce points (white star on a blue flag) were constantly depleted to zero.
Result was a draw so it was very close game with none side dominating (except japanese naval steamroller).
The players should now be able to use elite repairs and re-purchase (and maybe update) lost units.
Cool

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:28 am
by Edgewalker
Leningrad

Incoherent primary objectives ! Only primary for Soviet is Leningrad and I hold it sure that I'm sitting on victory and making Lenin proud, and then bang! Draw out of nowhere !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kINLR7a9sZU

Watch 1:07 - 1:17

Imagine that victory is a briefcase and guy climbing the ladder is soviet player and floor is a draw


Post Scriptum:
I think all other cities should be secondary, otherwise scenario needs a serious soviet buff for them to be able to hold all the cities.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm
by R_TEAM
Hi,

have atm an play with an friend in "Road to Leningrad" ....
Nice scenario - but the scale is "way off" ..
If i look at an real map - the distance from Pskow to St.Petersburg (leningrad in this Time Frame..) is ~320km ...
On the OoB Map it is ~28 Hexfields ... so an hex ~10km ... this is way to large for the weapon ranges or overall game mechanic ...
But feel free to correct me :)

Regards

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm
by Edgewalker
R_TEAM wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm
Hi,

have atm an play with an friend in "Road to Leningrad" ....
Nice scenario - but the scale is "way off" ..
If i look at an real map - the distance from Pskow to St.Petersburg (leningrad in this Time Frame..) is ~320km ...
On the OoB Map it is ~28 Hexfields ... so an hex ~10km ... this is way to large for the weapon ranges or overall game mechanic ...
But feel free to correct me :)

Regards
Well buddy, It's an age old discussion of all wargamers in the world - gameplay vs realism ^^
The way I see it OOB is very high on gameplay due to some compromises on realism in its mechanics. If you want to go full realism mode try Gary Grisby War in the East or Case Blue.
If I can recommend one game that is very high on both realism and gameplay and which gives you a possibility to play road to leningrad campaign it's Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa.
Cheers

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:24 pm
by R_TEAM
Edgewalker wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm
R_TEAM wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm
Hi,

have atm an play with an friend in "Road to Leningrad" ....
Nice scenario - but the scale is "way off" ..
If i look at an real map - the distance from Pskow to St.Petersburg (leningrad in this Time Frame..) is ~320km ...
On the OoB Map it is ~28 Hexfields ... so an hex ~10km ... this is way to large for the weapon ranges or overall game mechanic ...
But feel free to correct me :)

Regards
Well buddy, It's an age old discussion of all wargamers in the world - gameplay vs realism ^^
The way I see it OOB is very high on gameplay due to some compromises on realism in its mechanics. If you want to go full realism mode try Gary Grisby War in the East or Case Blue.
If I can recommend one game that is very high on both realism and gameplay and which gives you a possibility to play road to leningrad campaign it's Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa.
Cheers
It is not "only" gameplay<>Relism ....
With 10km hex size - the battle ships have an firing range from 90~100km - this "IS" insane .... the same goes for arty ... and the same goes for the units , where it makes no sense to have an "heavy mg unit" represented as exclusive only unit in an 10km hex field ... for this scale the game mechanic is simply not build ...
(if i use the firing range of the "bismark class" battle ship with his main batterie (was in reality ~16km), then the scale is aimed at ~1.4km hex fieldsize, where make the unit size much more sense - so the map is simply "to small" .... at around 10 times to small ....)
And thanks for the advice - play CampaignSeries as other wargame ...

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 pm
by Edgewalker
R_TEAM wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:24 pm
Edgewalker wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm
R_TEAM wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm
Hi,

have atm an play with an friend in "Road to Leningrad" ....
Nice scenario - but the scale is "way off" ..
If i look at an real map - the distance from Pskow to St.Petersburg (leningrad in this Time Frame..) is ~320km ...
On the OoB Map it is ~28 Hexfields ... so an hex ~10km ... this is way to large for the weapon ranges or overall game mechanic ...
But feel free to correct me :)

Regards
Well buddy, It's an age old discussion of all wargamers in the world - gameplay vs realism ^^
The way I see it OOB is very high on gameplay due to some compromises on realism in its mechanics. If you want to go full realism mode try Gary Grisby War in the East or Case Blue.
If I can recommend one game that is very high on both realism and gameplay and which gives you a possibility to play road to leningrad campaign it's Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa.
Cheers
It is not "only" gameplay<>Relism ....
With 10km hex size - the battle ships have an firing range from 90~100km - this "IS" insane .... the same goes for arty ... and the same goes for the units , where it makes no sense to have an "heavy mg unit" represented as exclusive only unit in an 10km hex field ... for this scale the game mechanic is simply not build ...
(if i use the firing range of the "bismark class" battle ship with his main batterie (was in reality ~16km), then the scale is aimed at ~1.4km hex fieldsize, where make the unit size much more sense - so the map is simply "to small" .... at around 10 times to small ....)
And thanks for the advice - play CampaignSeries as other wargame ...
Better don't play Pacific scenarios if the ranges bother you so much, shelling port Moresby from the middle of Bismarck Archipelago will blow your mind :D

And then our Erik will be like Jack Black in this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 pm
by Edgewalker
Road to Moscow 4.0

I've managed to defend Moscow and more than 5 additional cities and result was a draw - game didn't recognise me fulfilling any objectives.

By the way, this scenario was an amazing slugfest with most horrible casualties both sides I've ever witnessed.
One village north was changing ownership like 15 times with constant attacks and counterattacks :D

Road to Moscow

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am
by Erik2
Edgewalker wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 pm
Road to Moscow 4.0

I've managed to defend Moscow and more than 5 additional cities and result was a draw - game didn't recognise me fulfilling any objectives.

By the way, this scenario was an amazing slugfest with most horrible casualties both sides I've ever witnessed.
One village north was changing ownership like 15 times with constant attacks and counterattacks :D
Fixed objectives.

Link updated to 4.2

Market Garden

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 pm
by Erik2
1v1 Market Garden updated to 1.7 in first post.

Replaced substitute air units with Typhoon, Mosquito and Me262.

3v1 Scandinavia

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:17 pm
by Erik2
3v1 Scandinavia is updated to 3.6 in first post.

Added/changed British/French exit/deploy hexes along western and northern map edges.
Moved Polish unit spawns.
Removed location flags that had no real function.
Doubled resource income for all factions except for the Kriegsmarine.
Allied minor navies are now core units allowing at least repurchase of gun boats.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm
by Edgewalker
Imphal-Kohima (1944 1v1) v6.0

My opponent tells me he can't assign pilots to japanese planes.
From the US/UK side it works as intended.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 am
by codem
Hi,
The War in the Pacifc 2v2 download only has the 1v1. Is there a 2v2 to download ?

Re: 3v1 Scandinavia

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 am
by codem
Erik2 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:17 pm
3v1 Scandinavia is updated to 3.6 in first post.

Added/changed British/French exit/deploy hexes along western and northern map edges.
Moved Polish unit spawns.
Removed location flags that had no real function.
Doubled resource income for all factions except for the Kriegsmarine.
Allied minor navies are now core units allowing at least repurchase of gun boats.
Double income for the allies? It's difficult enough for the Germans, especially once the allies unite their navies. Perhaps I'm just playing the Germans incorrectly :-)

Re: 3v1 Scandinavia

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:58 am
by Edgewalker
codem wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 am
Erik2 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:17 pm
3v1 Scandinavia is updated to 3.6 in first post.

Added/changed British/French exit/deploy hexes along western and northern map edges.
Moved Polish unit spawns.
Removed location flags that had no real function.
Doubled resource income for all factions except for the Kriegsmarine.
Allied minor navies are now core units allowing at least repurchase of gun boats.
Double income for the allies? It's difficult enough for the Germans, especially once the allies unite their navies. Perhaps I'm just playing the Germans incorrectly :-)
I can't purchase anything as Sweden so in 15th turn I'm sitting on a 1000+ coins like a dragon on a pile of gold. I wonder if I can make it to 5000 until the game ends :P
Can't speak for other nations but I probably won't even notice the difference.
Just for the record I'm using elite repair for everything.

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 am
by Edgewalker
Sooo, Erik, when do you plan to give us another 2v2 scenario? Christmas perhaps? ^^
Maybe something with endsieg? Or some desert operation? I really really liked this 2v2 market garden by the way.
I know multi-multiplayer scenarios are a pain but if you need testers you'll have them :-)

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:56 am
by Erik2
There's a current Editor bug in 7.1.4 assigning commanders, so any commander fixes will have to wait until an update is published.

Scandinavia:
There are no Swedish/Danish units available in OOB so you can't purchase any (except for generic gun-boats).
The double income will mainly help the Germans and partly the Norwegians/British/Freanch/Polish.

2v2:
The 1v1 Market Garden works fine (at least pre-7.1.4) so a 2v2 version is not off the table.
Should not be too much work creating a converversion...

2v2 War in the Pacific:
This (very old scenario) works fine for me.