Post by Erik2 »

That is where my screenshot is from.
Odd :roll:
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by gunny »

matthew2582 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 pm Germany West 1939-40 v2.1 13-2-2020 - Scenario : 26Maginot

Why can't I deploy unit reserves?

I control Metz with flag at full mast

I have lots of supply from Metz

I have lots of CPs

Please see screenshot

Thanks - I am missing something obvious I am sure but I don't know what it is :-)
Ok I made a scenario with VP hexes on the river and on plain land and I cannot either deploy units notice the pic showing I have clicked on a reserve unit NONE Of the 3 different flag types in ANY of the tow different locations provide deployment areas I think the reason is that the designer MUST assign Deployment hexes around each VP area or maybe its something else because I was unable to SAVE this scenario but am rebooting my computer and going to try and save it and play it through the scenario custom content play not the scenario designer ..
vp deploy test2.png
vp deploy test2.png (749.68 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

gunny wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 pm
matthew2582 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 pm Germany West 1939-40 v2.1 13-2-2020 - Scenario : 26Maginot

Why can't I deploy unit reserves?

I control Metz with flag at full mast

I have lots of supply from Metz

I have lots of CPs

Please see screenshot

Thanks - I am missing something obvious I am sure but I don't know what it is :-)
Ok I made a scenario with VP hexes on the river and on plain land and I cannot either deploy units notice the pic showing I have clicked on a reserve unit NONE Of the 3 different flag types in ANY of the tow different locations provide deployment areas I think the reason is that the designer MUST assign Deployment hexes around each VP area or maybe its something else because I was unable to SAVE this scenario but am rebooting my computer and going to try and save it and play it through the scenario custom content play not the scenario designer ..

vp deploy test2.png
Heh, a timely issue. We just discussed this in the studio. Short answer: the flagged hexes must be city, town, or village terrain. Else you must make manual deployment hexes and time them as follows: "Available 0-0" for initial deployment only, or "Available X-XX (turns)." For example, "Available 1-24" in a 24 turn scenario would make the deployment hexes appear only in gameplay turns. Flagged urban hexes are the shortcut because they are always available, if owned by your alliance of course.
- Bru
gunny

Post by gunny »

Thanks I didn't think about the town city village thing .. here is another scenario wherein city town and village hexes are used the deployment things pop up when flag is raised WITHOUT the designer assigning deployment hexes so refer to above thread explanation a side note when ya click on editor and then choose create scenario you are presented with a blank screen it is best I think to then no matter what you want to do - it is best to FIRST choose New this brings up the size window thing this enables the program for me to work correctly making even a teenie test scenario by NOT first selecting "New" causes my system to NOT save the scenario you made correctly etc and other issues.
vp test 2 deploy c.png
vp test 2 deploy c.png (899.15 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Erik's campaigns - Import Core Question

Post by matthew2582 »

Just finished Germany West 39-40 and exported core (for reasons I won't go into - I had actually updated Germany West 39-40 with the latest files from Germany West 1939-40 V2.1)

Now want to move on to Germany West 1941-43 but don't get an import core prompt - so I have no units, no reserves and no specializations

I have searched for the answer but don't see the answer to my particular circumstances

Many thanks as always
Regards
Matthew
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:48 am Metz is a city hex in my original scenario.
Are playing a modded scenario?
'Your' fortress is in a different hex :?:
Erik2 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:21 pm Odd :roll:
I think that's a spawned fortress (for the player's faction) as sec. obj. reward.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I stand corrected, Gabe :oops:
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

Any ideas re my problem posted above about importing core - Many thanks
Regards
Matthew
gunny

Post by gunny »

matthew2582 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:18 pm Any ideas re my problem posted above about importing core - Many thanks
I would try to re reload the saved game of your last campaign and do it again since it got updated the rest of this info you already know ... ok in order to import a corps you must first have MANUALLY EXPORTED A CORPS in order to do - and this is the fine print which you may not be aware of in the event you have manually exported a corps when you start a new campaign it will then AUTOMATICALLY ask you if you want to import a corps. here are some pics and explanations which will take awhile to post because I have to submit each pic instantly before commenting on and then attacking another one .. who knows .. why .. but here goes ...
Oh if you did not do the above then hopefully you have a saved game file of the last turn of the last battle of the last campaign you want to transfer your corps from .. or a file near this one ...
So when you do the last turn of the last scenario in the last campaign you will see something like this ... below
lastturnminor1b.png
lastturnminor1b.png (995.78 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Then you click on EXIT and you get this
save replay 2.png
save replay 2.png (333.33 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
I always choose no then you get this
victory 3b.jpg
victory 3b.jpg (118.07 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
This is the end of the campaign screen
Last edited by gunny on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gunny

Post by gunny »

Ok new reply started so nothing gets messed up so now you click on CONTINUE but ONLY on Continue
and you get this ...
savecorps4b.jpg
savecorps4b.jpg (112.4 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
This is where is reads you can examine your corps blah blah blah
the key is to CLICK on the FLAG in this example it is an American Flag then WHAM
You can not EXPORT your Corps IF you notice the tiny button at top notice the red arrow
so click on EXPORT and you get something like this

saveit6b.jpg
saveit6b.jpg (111.46 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
The reason you see two corps listed there is that I saved these a long times ago in the event you have NEVER Exported a corps this area will be blank so Name It Something YOU can recognize and make sure you click on SAVE now get out of all of this go back to the main menu and start a new campaign like a BOSS !! notice pic below
newcamp7b.jpg
newcamp7b.jpg (97.82 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Last edited by gunny on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunny

Post by gunny »

another new thread started so the pics do not vanish ok great - when you start a new campaign WHAM !!! Automatically it asks you if you want to IMPORT a corps this is because and ONLY because YOU saved a corps or in other words EXPORTED a corps MANUALLY YOURSELF Prior to starting this campaign. ...
import corps 8b.jpg
import corps 8b.jpg (111.98 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
I have a great idea click on YES doing so you will see something like this ...
import screen 9b.jpg
import screen 9b.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Now your back to this familiar screen except NOW you can IMPORT it ... so then highlight the corps you want to import if there is more than one .. etc.
AND click on IMPORT see it at the top left .. then WHAM go continue the war.
It is 10x better to import a corps because if no you will among other things not have ANY of the previous specializations "researched" that you had ... also your units will have experience etc. ALSO you will not have to spend money on buying more units but can use this money .. ah, resources on other stuff. whoo hoo
Again, hopefully you have a saved game from your last campaign still saved ...
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

Deleted double post -
Last edited by matthew2582 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Matthew
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

I really appreciate you taking all that time with your reply

I had already followed those steps exactly - but did them again per your post - just in case

And I never get an Import Core screen

1. First I start new campaign after doing manual Export Core - Please see screenshot

2. Next I launch and I get a Campaign Event screen - Please see screenshot

3. Then click Continue and get Campaign Map - Please see screenshot

and as you can see - no Import Core screen
Attachments
2020-02-16 13_48_31-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg
2020-02-16 13_48_31-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg (158.83 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
2020-02-16 13_48_57-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg
2020-02-16 13_48_57-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg (141.4 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
2020-02-16 13_59_10-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg
2020-02-16 13_59_10-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg (171.73 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
Regards
Matthew
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

Ok - not to worry - I just pressed on and purchased all the units I needed for the Belgrade scenario in Germany West 1941-43 - shame about not being able to import all that experience though
Regards
Matthew
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I just did a quick test starting 'Germany West 1939-40', nuking the first scenario and saving the free Gebirgsjäger unit as a core.
Started 'Germany West 1941-43', got the 'import core' question and imported the Gebirgsjäger unit.
So there are no issues with this regarding these specific campaigns.
core-save.jpg
core-save.jpg (763.11 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
core-question.jpg
core-question.jpg (232.43 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
core-imported.jpg
core-imported.jpg (487.17 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
Erik2

New Britain 1943-44 2.2

Post by Erik2 »

New Britain 1943-44 2.2
Link updated in first post.

Minor campaign changes

Scenarios:
Added 1 exp to Allied units
Fixed/changed pri and sec objs
Fixed Jap commanders
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am I just did a quick test starting 'Germany West 1939-40', nuking the first scenario and saving the free Gebirgsjäger unit as a core.
Started 'Germany West 1941-43', got the 'import core' question and imported the Gebirgsjäger unit.
So there are no issues with this regarding these specific campaigns.

core-save.jpg

core-question.jpg

core-imported.jpg
Well I guess it must be something to do with the fact that I originally had the 39-40 files which were then upgraded with copying the 1939-40 files into the 39-40 folder - or maybe not - who knows
Regards
Matthew
Bobster66

Re: New Britain 1943-44 2.2

Post by Bobster66 »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:29 am New Britain 1943-44 2.2
Link updated in first post.

Minor campaign changes

Scenarios:
Added 1 exp to Allied units
Fixed/changed pri and sec objs
Fixed Jap commanders
Hello Erik,

Just played the 2.2 update. In the first scenario, Arawe, even though all three objectives are captured it does not show as complete, and it ended as a draw.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Bobster66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:31 pm Just played the 2.2 update. In the first scenario, Arawe, even though all three objectives are captured it does not show as complete, and it ended as a draw.
One of the cool things about OOB, when it is relatively bug-free, that is, is that it's quite logical. I looked at the triggers, found nothing, then did a test playthrough and encountered the same result:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (434.23 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

"There has to be something," I said to myself. "There has to be a logical answer." I have this confidence with version 8.3.0, which I am treasuring (and saving) as much as I am fearing the upcoming UI overhaul which has been shown in beta to be buggy, indeed.

So, I went back to the triggers and with a fresh look, found the problem.

Erik, this trigger is not firing when the third primary VP is taken because it is being told to wait until the end of the scenario. When that happens, it is also looking for a "Capture VP Event" which, of course, is not happening at that time. Hence it never fires; hence a draw:

Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (221.84 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

This should be set for "Turn Start" event. That is, if you want the player to be forced to play out all the turns. If not, then delete the "Check Turn" condition itself.
- Bru
Bobster66

Post by Bobster66 »

bru888 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:30 pm
This should be set for "Turn Start" event. That is, if you want the player to be forced to play out all the turns. If not, then delete the "Check Turn" condition itself.
Nice find Bruce. I think the original reason for waiting for the last turn must be that when we capture the 3rd objective, a new secondary objective triggers in which we are ordered to hunt down all remaining enemy units.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”