Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Harishima
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by Harishima »

I have an issue with the Korean mod (part 1 and 2 campaigns) where units cannot be moved or do anything. In addition, I cannot deploy troops with the given land CP. Is the mod corrupted or did I download something incorrectly? The regular game works fine. I extracted the mod into the mod folder properly.

EDIT: I reverted to the legacy version of oob through steam and changed it back to the current version. Fixed it and everything is solved!
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

We all love a happy user story :D
neebzio
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by neebzio »

I have installed MicroMod_3.4 into my Documents/My Games/Order of Battle WW2/Mods. When I start OOB, I get the option to choose 'normal' OOB or the MicroMod.

When I select the MicroMod, I just get a black screen. Can anyone advise please?
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevefprice »

neebzio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm
When I select the MicroMod, I just get a black screen. Can anyone advise please?
Sadly it happens a lot with modes an no one seems to be able to fix it.

Sometimes this works: using your last working mod, take a copy and rename it, from the latest non-working mode copy scenarios, data and language directories (with all files etc...) into the copied and renamed mod replacing any prompted files.

But it might not work.
neebzio

Post by neebzio »

Thanks for your suggestion and I tried what you suggested but unfortunately, I still get the black screen.

It’s a puzzle as I have SquadMod installed, and it works fine!
cwapp1967
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cwapp1967 »

The US Navy 41-45 campaign seems to stop at Rabaul. Has it been altered? I remember the earlier version I had being much longer.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

neebzio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm When I select the MicroMod, I just get a black screen. Can anyone advise please?
Try to delete the \settings folder inside the \MicroMod folder.

@Erik - suggestion: You shouldn't include the "\settings\options.dat" file with your downloads, as they are your hardware options and they could interfere with the options file of the player who downloads the mod.
(When the file's missing, the game will automatically copy the options file from the base game installation.)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I did remove the options file for a period, but it didn't seem to help.
Anyway, I'll remove it in future mod updates.
neebzio

Post by neebzio »

[/quote]
Try to delete the \settings folder inside the \MicroMod folder.

@Erik - suggestion: You shouldn't include the "\settings\options.dat" file with your downloads, as they are your hardware options and they could interfere with the options file of the player who downloads the mod.
(When the file's missing, the game will automatically copy the options file from the base game installation.)
[/quote]

I deleted the settings folder but still get the black screen
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

neebzio wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:58 am I deleted the settings folder but still get the black screen
Okay. Sorry then.

(Erik, as the mod works just fine on my PC, I can not reproduce the error and offer any meaningful solution.)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

These issues affect some players and not others. Difficult to pin-point.

Multiplayer has its own issues.
Some players (myself included) may create a challenge of a specific (modded) scenario, but not join a challenge using the same scenario.
Some of us may only join the first free slot in a challenge (issue with official scenarios as well).
JDINO
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JDINO »

Erik please help me , I downloaded a couple of custom campaigns but still cannot launch email me the correct way if you can adino1227@verizon.net
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Custom campaigns go into the My Games.... folder.
custom_campaigns.jpg
custom_campaigns.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
Dmoore

Squad Mod Banzai Wake scenario

Post by Dmoore »

This one needs some tweaking. After my carriers take a few torpedoes from the 2 US subs, I get a message to send my destroyers after them, which I would gladly do, except I have been given no naval command points. It would be nice to be able to get after the 2 US destroyers, too, before they shoot up my supply ships. Also I'm not sure 18 turns is enough time to find and eliminate 33 ground units. After 18 turns I had not found them all, much less eliminated them. It's a big map to explore. Maybe 24 turns?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Dmoore

Wake:
You have 3 light cruisers and 7 destroyers available for deployment at start. These are aux units, so no command points needed. But you have to deploy them during the deployment phase.
I'll increase the number of turns.
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

Hi Erik! I´ve just played Banzai´s first 2 scnens, achi8eving only minor in both. It seems tha obj settings are incorrect. No remaining units or minefields in the first, no remaining enemy units in the second, tough.
Dmoore

Post by Dmoore »

Thanks for the info on Wake. I have a couple of questions on the first scenario of MicroMod France 40. There are 11 bunkers and 3 forts available in the Basket for deployment but no hexes show up as available. Are they meant to be deployed? After my first playthrough the ticker showed 12/8 German Pz III and IV destroyed so I slacked off after I reached 8. The result was a defeat. I think the ticker is counting all armor destroyed, because I'm sure some of the ones I destroyed were PZ II, just wasn't counting which was which, and the unseen victory ticker was. I suggest tweaking the ticker to actually count and show PZ III and IV only so you know where you stand at all times, or change the objective to all armor destroyed.
Erik2

MicroMod 3.5

Post by Erik2 »

MicroMod 3.5
Link updated in first post.

France 1940 campaign.
01Gembloux1:
Removed British and Belgian bunkers & forts in the reserve list. They were probably put there by the game when I cropped the map to the west and the south.
Restricted the 'Kill German tanks' objective's targets to PzIIIF and PzIVD.
Erik2

SquadMod 1.2

Post by Erik2 »

SquadMod 1.2
Link updated in first post.

Banzai 1939-41
01Manchukuo:
Fixed secondary objective.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Mascarenhas wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:53 pm Hi Erik! I´ve just played Banzai´s first 2 scnens, achi8eving only minor in both. It seems tha obj settings are incorrect. No remaining units or minefields in the first, no remaining enemy units in the second, tough.
00Shanghai works for me.
Tip: You may open the console (shift c) and enter #orbitalcommand
This will reveal all units on the map and makes it easy to see if you've missed any.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”