Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

johnrey
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by johnrey »

I put the Korea Campaigns in a folder under My Games < OoB < WW2 < Campaigns. I then select from start menu, Custom Content, Campaigns, and select one of the Korea Campaigns, but the games don't load from the menu. Maybe I am not putting the folders in the right place. Is there a picture or diagram showing where to put these folders? thanks!
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

johnrey wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:03 pm I put the Korea Campaigns in a folder under My Games < OoB < WW2 < Campaigns. I then select from start menu, Custom Content, Campaigns, and select one of the Korea Campaigns, but the games don't load from the menu. Maybe I am not putting the folders in the right place. Is there a picture or diagram showing where to put these folders? thanks!
As it's a mod (rather than a standalone custom campaign), you have to put it under the folder "Mods" rather than "Campaigns"... and what is to be put there is the folder "Korea" with its entire content. :wink:
johnrey

Post by johnrey »

Thanks to all. I moved the Korea folder to Mods and it works fine now. Eager to jump in!!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

A new french tank crew 1940 Commander for you french campaign mod (if you want):

Capture d’écran (954).jpg
Capture d’écran (954).jpg (436.33 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

PS: the names do not match the image
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Yes, please. Much better image than the current I have.
Erik2

MicroMod 2.2

Post by Erik2 »

MicroMod 2.2
Link updated in first post.
Adjusted a number of artillery unit ranges (slightly reduced).

1v1 Operation Konrad II 1945 1.2:
Increased unit exp for a few Soviet units.
Doubled all factions' resources.
Free deployment.
All units are core units (but purchase options have been disabled).
A few terrain changes.

2v2 Battle of the Bulge 1.3:
Fixed pri objs.
Changed wording of sec objs.

1v3 Escaut 1940 1.0:
Changed pri and sec objs.
Replaced a number of French and Belgian substitute unit types with proper ones.
Added French commanders (!).
Added more British commanders (still unofficial and currently not named).
A few terrain changes.
johnrey

Korea mod

Post by johnrey »

I moved the Korea Campaign folder to Mods, and the games load now. But after a few turns the AI locks up. Are there later patches after Korea mod was posted? The games and scenarios look great, so I am eager to play them. Any ideas about what could be causing the lock ups?
Erik2

Re: Korea mod

Post by Erik2 »

johnrey wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:01 pm I moved the Korea Campaign folder to Mods, and the games load now. But after a few turns the AI locks up. Are there later patches after Korea mod was posted? The games and scenarios look great, so I am eager to play them. Any ideas about what could be causing the lock ups?
This is a known issue. There is something (maybe modded units) that cause the AI thinking to sometimes hang.
You can use the game cheat #igotnukes (hit shift-c to open the console) to get an autmatic victory and move to the next scenario.
Erik2

MicroMod 2.3 update

Post by Erik2 »

MicroMod 2.3 update
Link updated in first post.

3v1 Operation Olympic 1945 2.3:
Japanese reinforcements arrive a bit earlier and along the whole north map edge.
Added a few historical bunkers.

1v3 Escaut 1940 1.1:
Reduced Allied unit experiences by 1 (for those not already =1).
Halved Allied resource income.
Increased German unit experiences by 1 (for those not already =4).
Doubled German resource income.
German air units are now core and may be reformed.

Added new campaign:
France 1940 0.9
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

Good news, installed, now to persuade the MP server to let me in! It's been fine for a month or so, but back to it's old tricks this week.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Brenmusik wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:42 pm Good news, installed, now to persuade the MP server to let me in! It's been fine for a month or so, but back to it's old tricks this week.
I usually get a 'not connected' message each time I logon, even if I actually make it in.
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

The Germany EAST 1941 Campaign - The Siege of Leningrad Map after the 1st turn there is a glitch the scenario ends I think there is a fix for this but forgot what it is ...

Here is a video on Youtube that shows it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNogUI41QFU
gunny

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by gunny »

Dmoore wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:03 pm Looks like I don't have the Korea mod. Will get it. Couple more bugs - Kokoda trail: failure to advance turn after turn 8 in first scenario. US Corps 44: result is a draw in Bastogne despite all VPs occupied. Will post screenshot if you need it.
Playing Kokoda trail again turn 8 still has the problem no turn advance after turn 8 ....
Dmoore
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Dmoore »

When you added Banzai to the micromod did you correct the problem in Crimson Tide scenario where the "No Tanks" box pops up whenever you click to move a unit (I did not deploy any thanks but apparently the game thinks I did)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Dmoore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:01 am When you added Banzai to the micromod did you correct the problem in Crimson Tide scenario where the "No Tanks" box pops up whenever you click to move a unit (I did not deploy any thanks but apparently the game thinks I did)
I hope so...

The Banzai, Semper Fi and Korea campaigns may be moved to a new SquadMod since they all are based on squad-level 40m hex scenarios.
The mod will include new units and adjusted artillery ranges.
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

Lots of fixes, but I haven't noticed much new stuff coming out (except for a few from Bru) Is anyone working on a new campaign? King Erik? Has your passion for OoB shifted to somewhere else? Sorry for asking. I'm just making plans for how to spend my retirement. :lol:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ctskelly wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:51 am Lots of fixes, but I haven't noticed much new stuff coming out (except for a few from Bru) Is anyone working on a new campaign? King Erik? Has your passion for OoB shifted to somewhere else? Sorry for asking. I'm just making plans for how to spend my retirement. :lol:
There is a fairly new France 1940 campaign in the MicroMod, first post.
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 am
ctskelly wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:51 am Lots of fixes, but I haven't noticed much new stuff coming out (except for a few from Bru) Is anyone working on a new campaign? King Erik? Has your passion for OoB shifted to somewhere else? Sorry for asking. I'm just making plans for how to spend my retirement. :lol:
There is a fairly new France 1940 campaign in the MicroMod, first post.
I have been saved again! Thanks
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

ctskelly wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:51 am Is anyone working on a new campaign? King Erik? Has your passion for OoB shifted to somewhere else?
Good question. I know that Erik has still some campaigns to come with OoB, but the question is valid IMO: does King Erik ( :P ) has an alternative game? Does he plan to do some work on PanzerCorps2, for example? Or something alike? :wink:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I have a lot of stuff in the works.

Being bit by the mod bug I have created a Squad Battles mod (4o meter hex size).
I have split the current heavy infantry units into a lot of HMG/MMG and mortar types.
All artillery ranges have been changed to better suit the 40m hexes (adjusted for playability).
I am adding para capabilities to a few selected engineer, MG and mortar variants.
Several factions have a number of new unit types.
I am using the stock graphics though, so ie all mortar units look the same.

I have retrofitted these changes into the Banzai 39-41 campaign and is currently at work on a Banzai '42 version.
The Semper Fi campaigns will get the same treatment.

I am testing a new Korea 1950 Pt2 campaign. Unfortunately this also suffers from the random AI hangs. I am suspecting this has to do with the unit mods as replacing the modded terrian with stock didn't help.

I have also started work on a Indochina 46-54 mod (Frech vs Viet Minh). This is a variant of the Squad Battles.

Finally, there will be at least two Japan 45/46 campaigns dealing with the planned Allied invasions. This will use the stock game.

All these projects will take some time to finish :roll:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”