Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by Brenmusik »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 am ... I have that can't join glitch. Game refuses to move on from the scenario selection screen to the joining confirmation screen. Sigh...
Is it the one Erik posted? I have the same trouble, or is one that I put up? I was careful to pick the Gray Star option.
captrio
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by captrio »

Hi Im playing the West 1939 campaign and the game wont finish even when completing all objectives (primaries and secondaries). I have to keep ending turns all the way to the last one.
Is that a known issue?
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

It's all the Korea 1.4 games that I can't join unfortunately. As for the game not ending, I haven't played the campaigns too much but I believe it is both a known issue and deliberate.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

This is to allow the player time to finish secondary objectives after the primaries are done.

You can always end a scenario by opening the console (shift c) and enter #igotnukes.
captrio

Post by captrio »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:27 pm This is to allow the player time to finish secondary objectives after the primaries are done.

You can always end a scenario by opening the console (shift c) and enter #igotnukes.
Understood. Thanks.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

It's just a theory but I wonder if choosing to not overwrite existing mod files plays a role in the don't join glitch? I decided to skip (not overwrite) the old files when I installed the latest Korea mod. Has everyone else done the same? Any ideas?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

Not sure what really goes on, overwriting (or not) but when I removed all my Korea stuff out of OoB and put a clean copy of the latest offering, I still couldn't join any 1.4 games.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I guess fiddling with the overwriting only helps if the game freezes entirely. Oh well, was worth considering I guess. If I remember correctly there are instances where it's some kind of flaw with the server that sorts itself out in a day or two. Maybe we'll be lucky and this is what's going on.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Please remember that you always need the latest files in the Data and Language folders.
This to make sure you have the proper modded units.
nero156
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nero156 »

Hi, Could You help me how to install micro mod?
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Sure, always good to have more players jump on the mod train! :D I believe it's just a matter of downloading the mod and then copying it to the mod folder (same one that has the battle of britain). Sometimes it gets finicky mind you, so don't worry if it takes a bit of tweaking. It's very worth the effort.
nero156
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nero156 »

a then?
is necessary to run it? where?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

It'll sit along side the option to start the standard game, assuming it has been installed in the Mod Folder :)
nero156
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nero156 »

do you have link to danzig corridor scenrario?
When I copy micro mod 3.1 I haveblack screen :(((
Last edited by nero156 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

The Danzig Corridor scenario is included in the micro mod, which you can grab in the first post in this thread. I assume when you start the game you get the option to choose between the regular game and the Battle of Britain? Whereas before there were just the two options now there will be three, after you install the mod as described in my earlier post. You might have to click on an arrow if the mod is listed off-screen, that is it only displays two options at a time (I forget if it's normal / Battle of Britain or normal / micromod). But I make things sound more complicated than they are, I'm just trying to pre-empt any possible problem.
nero156
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nero156 »

2.6 is working well. I see on the begining of the game 3 modes. standard and 2.6 are ok and 3.1 just blank screen when start. I see previous page and maybe I miss some files but I dont know where they are ?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

No one knows where they are :wink: One way to get it to work is to go back to a working version and then pick the scenarios from the newest mod package - also move the Data and Language files over.

.. and save a copy of what works before "meddling" just in case.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I make sure to keep the older mod versions lying around for exactly that reason. Unfortunately lately we've been having a problem joining games that seems disinclined to troubleshooting.
nero156
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nero156 »

ok. I got it. But then I have only version 1.0 and 2.2 Danzig corridor :)
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I am pleased to report that the "cannot join" glitch hasn't manifested in your Danzig 2.2 game :D Version 1.0 should probably be abandoned though, it was pretty much unwinable for Poland. Haven't tried 2.2 before so should be interesting, as soon as we get the final player. And don't be afraid to try the Korea games either, I think they're really neat. Oh yeah Battle of the Bulge is pretty crazy too (although I get the impression the allies are a bit too strong, especially if the German players haven't got familiarity with the map). Actually they're all basically great now I think of it, heh.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”