Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by Erik2 »

One is the name of the scenario folder, the other is the scenario name.
But, yes, I would normally use the same name.

I've fixed this, updated the mod (you need to download again, sorry...) and created new challenges.
Hope these work.
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

Looking good, thanks. I've joined two of them. I'm not able to delete the 0.9 game I posted, says it's not "there".
I'll try reloading the previous 1.6 and see if I can do it from there.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Excellent.
Funny, I created 3 Korea challenges, but only 2 are displayed. C'est la guerre...
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevefprice »

I'm the Korean one.

Oddly, I started Korean War Part 1 and it froze on turn 7 as the tanks reach Seoul and I then cut them off.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

There's a general issue with the mod where the AI will often freeze at random turns.
I have been unable to find what is causing this, happens with any scenario in any campaign.
The only remedy is to kill the game and restart the turn scenario from the last save.
Annoying, yes...
stevefprice

Post by stevefprice »

Crimson Tide scenario in Banzai Campaign.

Minor Victory as it does not register casualties were kept to under the max. Oddly though the air Commander reward does activate.
Banzai - Crimson Tide.jpg
Banzai - Crimson Tide.jpg (731.71 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks for reporting. I'll check this while I'm moving this campaign to a new SquadMod (4om hex) anyway.
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I'm still having problems joing the korean war private multiplayer game. After reinstalling the mod, it switched from red to black, and I can select it. Progress! :) However when I click play nothing happens.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm I'm still having problems joing the korean war private multiplayer game. After reinstalling the mod, it switched from red to black, and I can select it. Progress! :) However when I click play nothing happens.
It looks like only stevefprice joined the last Korea challenge so far.
Are you sure you actually joined?
korea.jpg
korea.jpg (29.6 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

The fact at least one person succeeded in joining makes me wonder what's going on. I definitely couldn't join because when I tried pressing play nothing happened, it didn't take me to the screen where... Hmm. Wait it's pressing join not play, I'm describing it badly. I'll try again now just in case. Nope still not working. Yeah so when I try pressing "join" it simply doesn't register anything, it's like I haven't pressed a button at all. Doesn't take me to the next screen to enter the password, nothing. Might be useful for someone else to attempt to join just as an experiment. If they can I'd say it's confirmation the issue is with me.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

This odd indeed.
Just to make sure: Game name = folder name = scenario name?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:35 pm The fact at least one person succeeded in joining makes me wonder what's going on. I definitely couldn't join because when I tried pressing play nothing happened, it didn't take me to the screen where... Hmm. Wait it's pressing join not play, I'm describing it badly. I'll try again now just in case. Nope still not working. Yeah so when I try pressing "join" it simply doesn't register anything, it's like I haven't pressed a button at all. Doesn't take me to the next screen to enter the password, nothing. Might be useful for someone else to attempt to join just as an experiment. If they can I'd say it's confirmation the issue is with me.
Something similar happened to me the other day, pressing to join a game had no effect. I put it down to a poor day with the interface (today is a good day - straight to the games, no "timed outs").
I've put up another Escaut 2.0, no password.
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

Brenmusik wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 am
KarisFraMauro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:35 pm The fact at least one person succeeded in joining makes me wonder what's going on. I definitely couldn't join because when I tried pressing play nothing happened, it didn't take me to the screen where... Hmm. Wait it's pressing join not play, I'm describing it badly. I'll try again now just in case. Nope still not working. Yeah so when I try pressing "join" it simply doesn't register anything, it's like I haven't pressed a button at all. Doesn't take me to the next screen to enter the password, nothing. Might be useful for someone else to attempt to join just as an experiment. If they can I'd say it's confirmation the issue is with me.
Something similar happened to me the other day, pressing to join a game had no effect. I put it down to a poor day with the interface (today is a good day - straight to the games, no "timed outs").
I've put up another Escaut 2.0, no password.
The problem game (to join) is the Erik2, stevefprice Korea 0.9 'Join' does not work.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I will stop the current Korea games very soon.
I'm close to finish a significant update (and will post challenges when the scenario is published.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Three times in a row I tried playing my turn in the Operation Olympic game, only for it to crash on the loading screen :( I did play two other games with no problem, Konrad and Escaut. Think I'll let my laptop have a break for a while, maybe try resetting it... Definitely one of those days.
Erik2

Korea mod 1.7

Post by Erik2 »

1v2 Korea 1950-51 1.0

Moved units from division-sized to regiment/battalions.
Better triggering of Chinese/Soviet interventions.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

It still just says version 1.6 for Korea in the opening post, and timestamp says it hasn't been updated since September 30th. Is there somewhere else to download version 1.7, or should we wait for a bit?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

It is infact 1.7 and I successfully installed it :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:36 am It still just says version 1.6 for Korea in the opening post, and timestamp says it hasn't been updated since September 30th. Is there somewhere else to download version 1.7, or should we wait for a bit?
Ah, forgot that. Fixed.
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

I have a lot of stuff in the works.
Life is good.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”