Erik's campaigns

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by bru888 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:15 am

Bobster66 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:06 am
bru888 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:30 pm

This should be set for "Turn Start" event. That is, if you want the player to be forced to play out all the turns. If not, then delete the "Check Turn" condition itself.
Nice find Bruce. I think the original reason for waiting for the last turn must be that when we capture the 3rd objective, a new secondary objective triggers in which we are ordered to hunt down all remaining enemy units.
Bobster, you are absolutely correct. There is this other objective to be enabled when all primary VP's are taken:

Screenshot 7.jpg
Screenshot 7.jpg (497.81 KiB) Viewed 889 times

So Erik, please disregard what I said about "delete the "Check Turn" condition itself" on the "US 3 objs" trigger and just fix it to be "Turn Start" event (see previous page).
- Bru

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Erik's campaigns - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Post by matthew2582 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 pm

Germany West 1941-43 V1.8
Scenario - Metaxas

Issue - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Please see screenshot
Attachments
2020-02-18 16_25_04-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg
2020-02-18 16_25_04-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 836 times
Regards
Matthew

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Post by bru888 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:44 pm

matthew2582 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 pm
Germany West 1941-43 V1.8
Scenario - Metaxas

Issue - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Please see screenshot
Erik did this on purpose. Apparently, Bulgarian troops were involved in that operation but the designers of OOB have not created any Bulgarian units yet. So what he does in this situation is to borrow from another faction that does have units available. In this case, he chose Hungary. Clicking on the Hungarian unit, then changing the flag to Bulgaria before placing the unit on the map, does the trick.
- Bru

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Erik's campaigns - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Post by matthew2582 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:03 am

bru888 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:44 pm
matthew2582 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 pm
Germany West 1941-43 V1.8
Scenario - Metaxas

Issue - Bulgarian units shown as Hungarian in Display Deployed Units

Please see screenshot
Erik did this on purpose. Apparently, Bulgarian troops were involved in that operation but the designers of OOB have not created any Bulgarian units yet. So what he does in this situation is to borrow from another faction that does have units available. In this case, he chose Hungary. Clicking on the Hungarian unit, then changing the flag to Bulgaria before placing the unit on the map, does the trick.
Ok thanks for clarifying that
Regards
Matthew

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6736
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

New Britain 1943-44 2.3

Post by Erik2 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 am

New Britain 1943-44 2.3
Link updated in first post

0Arawe:
Fixed pri obj

CHXII1697
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by CHXII1697 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:10 pm

I was wondering what exactly the German battlecruisers should do in the Narvik mission? It seems I either send them to leave the map immediately or they get overwhelmed by a dozen destroyer torpedo attacks. Am I missing something obvious?

Also, the secondary objective to capture a Char B1 in the Dijon mission of Germany 1939-1940 still seems broken. It has worked for me in the past, but as of now it does not trigger.
Last edited by CHXII1697 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by matthew2582 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 pm

Erik2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
I just did a quick test starting 'Germany West 1939-40', nuking the first scenario and saving the free Gebirgsjäger unit as a core.
Started 'Germany West 1941-43', got the 'import core' question and imported the Gebirgsjäger unit.
So there are no issues with this regarding these specific campaigns.

core-save.jpg

core-question.jpg

core-imported.jpg
I must be doing something wrong but I cannot see what it is - so here is a 1 minute YouTube showing what I am doing - https://youtu.be/uFDDUkozwdo
Regards
Matthew

ctskelly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: Kyoto, Japan

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by ctskelly » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:05 am

Okay. Okay. I know I am a broken record. I know these pages are mainly for error reporting.

But I just can't stop myself from saying something else once again. I'm going through Germany West 1944 and 1945 and I just can't help from marveling how well designed these are. None are easy (I have given in to granting myself extra RPs) and all allow for different strategies for play, allowing edge of seat replays again and again. Some of the ones that look like they should be dug in defense have a hidden way to win by taking the offensive, and vice versa. I've been playing wargames since the 5th grade, which means over 50 years, but Erik's campaigns are some of, and maybe THE, best I'ver ever encountered.

Sorry. I just had to get that out and I'm sure everyone reading this agrees. Are there any other threads that talk about scenario play?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6736
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm

ctskelly

These German campaigns are (somewhat modified) OOB versions of the original Panzer Corps campaigns.
So the scenarios appear well-designed because someone did a good job in the first place :wink:
Thanks for the nice words anyway :D

BTW, BrucErik CSD Studio have a Winter War 1939 campaign beta-test going here if you are interested (download link in first post):
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=96994

Chema_cagi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Chema_cagi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 am

Never thankful enough, I will give you again my best regards and cheers for all your excellent campaigns and scenarios, Erik!

I have found that may be a little bug in the West Germany 41-43 (Feb 14 version) campaign: In the Salerno / Catanzaro branch, Catanzaro doesn't start after de debriefing; and if you chose Salerno there's not even a briefing, the game just shows the strategic map.

I'm using the latest version of Gabe mod, though, but looks to me like an error in the scenario scripts


Best regards!

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6736
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:04 pm

Chema_cagi wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 am
Never thankful enough, I will give you again my best regards and cheers for all your excellent campaigns and scenarios, Erik!

I have found that may be a little bug in the West Germany 41-43 (Feb 14 version) campaign: In the Salerno / Catanzaro branch, Catanzaro doesn't start after de debriefing; and if you chose Salerno there's not even a briefing, the game just shows the strategic map.

I'm using the latest version of Gabe mod, though, but looks to me like an error in the scenario scripts


Best regards!
Thanks for the nice words.

I tested the campaign nuking my way to the Salerno/Catanzaro branch.
I had no problems playing Catanzaro or Salerno (first few turns).

The issue may be that the scenario includes the Zundapp Motorcycle unit. This unit may not be part of Gabe's mod. On the other hand, this unit was added as a freebie in the Crete scenarios, so should have caused an issue earlier....

If you have a save-games you may try playing the Salerno/Catanzaro without the GabeMod and switch back afterwards.

GabeKnight
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 pm

Erik2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:04 pm
I tested the campaign nuking my way to the Salerno/Catanzaro branch.
I had no problems playing Catanzaro or Salerno (first few turns).

The issue may be that the scenario includes the Zundapp Motorcycle unit. This unit may not be part of Gabe's mod. On the other hand, this unit was added as a freebie in the Crete scenarios, so should have caused an issue earlier....
Interesting. I'll take a look.

GabeKnight
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:57 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 pm
Erik2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:04 pm
I tested the campaign nuking my way to the Salerno/Catanzaro branch.
I had no problems playing Catanzaro or Salerno (first few turns).

The issue may be that the scenario includes the Zundapp Motorcycle unit. This unit may not be part of Gabe's mod. On the other hand, this unit was added as a freebie in the Crete scenarios, so should have caused an issue earlier....
Interesting. I'll take a look.
Of course I did NOT delete any stock units out of the units file. My mod changes and adds new stuff ONLY especially to prevent problems like that.

Erik, I've tested the campaign in my mod and it seems to be one of "those" problems again... :roll:
Nuking through the campaign works just fine inside my mod, too.
Although I can't rule out my mod's causing the problems, it seems to be a problem with the core units that have been accumulated while actually playing the campaign. My guess would be some faction-specific problems again (missing Italians or something)

@Chema_cagi
Thanks for reporting. A few questions if I may:
1) Did you import a core force from the earlier Germany West '39/40 campaign?
2) What nations are currently in your core forces?
3) Which branch did you take exactly during the previous missions of the campaign?
Erik2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:04 pm
If you have a save-games you may try playing the Salerno/Catanzaro without the GabeMod and switch back afterwards.
This will only work if you have no mod-specific units in your core. Even some AA unit in AT-switch mode might corrupt the scen. I wouldn't recommend it.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6736
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Gabe, thanks for digging deeper...
I'll check the scenarios for any missing core factions.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6736
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Germany West 41-43 2.0

Post by Erik2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Germany West 41-43 2.0
Link updated in first post.

Campaign:
Changed spec start from the default 1900 to 1939

11SalernoL:
12SalernoC:
13Catanzaro:
15Volturno:

Added Italian faction (thanks Gabe)

Chema_cagi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Germany West 41-43 2.0

Post by Chema_cagi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 am

Erik2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:54 pm
Germany West 41-43 2.0
Link updated in first post.

Campaign:
Changed spec start from the default 1900 to 1939

11SalernoL:
12SalernoC:
13Catanzaro:
15Volturno:

Added Italian faction (thanks Gabe)
Wow, thanks for such a fast response. You're the best
There were an issue in the first scenario with italian "core" units (don't remember the name), as you mentioned: Trying to update or purchase new italian units brought a blank window

Chema_cagi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Chema_cagi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:30 am

@Chema_cagi
Thanks for reporting. A few questions if I may:
1) Did you import a core force from the earlier Germany West '39/40 campaign?
2) What nations are currently in your core forces?
3) Which branch did you take exactly during the previous missions of the campaign?

Thanks Gabe for your reply and info, and above all, for your excellent mod.

1.Yes, I'm playing with an imported core from 39-40
2. Ger, Italian and SS
3. Hmm the british attack scenario (sorry can't tell the name). EDIT: Etna Line South

Chema_cagi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Chema_cagi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:38 am

Worked top-notch! (Ger 41-43 updated). Thank you both! It has been an honour to have your attention!

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by matthew2582 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 am

matthew2582 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 pm
Erik2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
I just did a quick test starting 'Germany West 1939-40', nuking the first scenario and saving the free Gebirgsjäger unit as a core.
Started 'Germany West 1941-43', got the 'import core' question and imported the Gebirgsjäger unit.
So there are no issues with this regarding these specific campaigns.

core-save.jpg

core-question.jpg

core-imported.jpg
I must be doing something wrong but I cannot see what it is - so here is a 1 minute YouTube showing what I am doing - https://youtu.be/uFDDUkozwdo
Could someone look at my 1 minute YT showing how I tried to export Germany West 1939-40 and import into Germany West 1941-43 and never got an Import Core prompt

https://youtu.be/uFDDUkozwdo

Many thanks - I know it's a small issue but being a bit OCD - I would like to get it right :-)

P.S. I found the solution thank to the poster below -
Last edited by matthew2582 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Matthew

Chema_cagi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Chema_cagi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:05 am

matthew2582 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 am
matthew2582 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 pm
Erik2 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
I just did a quick test starting 'Germany West 1939-40', nuking the first scenario and saving the free Gebirgsjäger unit as a core.
Started 'Germany West 1941-43', got the 'import core' question and imported the Gebirgsjäger unit.
So there are no issues with this regarding these specific campaigns.

core-save.jpg

core-question.jpg

core-imported.jpg
I must be doing something wrong but I cannot see what it is - so here is a 1 minute YouTube showing what I am doing - https://youtu.be/uFDDUkozwdo
Could someone look at my 1 minute YT showing how I tried to export Germany West 1939-40 and import into Germany West 1941-43 and never got an Import Core prompt

https://youtu.be/uFDDUkozwdo

Many thanks - I know it's a small issue but being a bit OCD - I would like to get it right :-)

In the video you're exporting Germany East 41-42 and then you start the Yugoslavia Issue which is the first Germany West 41-43 scenario. You should have an export core from Germany West 39-40, then you get a prompt to import when starting West 41-43. Hope I'm right.

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”