Erik's campaigns

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

wolfpinguin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: Belgium - Turnhout

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by wolfpinguin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:59 am

Erik, thx for the very nice campaigns and de regular updates.
I've started New Britain (1943-44) v2.0.
OOB Version 7.1.4
I saved after the first scn while I got to do some other things.
Now I'm back, but the saved game wouln't start.
Do you have any suggestions?
RES NON VERBA

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

nono hard et heavy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Hello Mr Erik. I have a problem when I translate your campaigns (including scripts) into French. In the defeat (minor and major), draw and win (minor and major) comments, I think they are too long and they do not fit entirely into the dialog window on the screen. Do you have the same problem with English? Greetings
There is indeed a limited space for entering victory/draw/defeat txt.
I have asked for scrollbars to allow more txt to be displayed, similar to the briefing.
So I continue adding txt in the hope that this will be fixed sometime :D

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:07 am

wolfpinguin wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:59 am
Erik, thx for the very nice campaigns and de regular updates.
I've started New Britain (1943-44) v2.0.
OOB Version 7.1.4
I saved after the first scn while I got to do some other things.
Now I'm back, but the saved game wouln't start.
Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry, i have no clue what would cause this.
You could attach the save here and I'll see if I have the same issue.

wolfpinguin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: Belgium - Turnhout

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by wolfpinguin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 am

Erik2 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:07 am
wolfpinguin wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:59 am
Erik, thx for the very nice campaigns and de regular updates.
I've started New Britain (1943-44) v2.0.
OOB Version 7.1.4
I saved after the first scn while I got to do some other things.
Now I'm back, but the saved game wouln't start.
Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry, i have no clue what would cause this.
You could attach the save here and I'll see if I have the same issue.
THX, you find the sav in attach
The only way to go out of the game is by the taskmanager
[New Britain 1943-44] Arawe Laatst.zip
(17.85 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
WP.
RES NON VERBA

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by bru888 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Erik, I have tested your campaign and I experienced the same problem of reloading a saved game from it. As you know, I have my own version of this campaign which was based on yours, and for which saved games reload successfully. I noticed something that might account for the difference. I cut back on the specialisations that I give the Japanese from the outset while you offer the entire menu. I am wondering whether one or more of those specialisations is actually non-functioning and causing the difficulty.

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (215.44 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (228.56 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
- Bru

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Bru, I think you're correct as usual :D

I try to add specialisations that are valid related to the scenario date.
The only odd one in the New Britain scenarios were Kamikaze, which should not be available until 1944.
Anyway, I removed Kamikaze and the later, more esoteric specialisations and this fixed the issue.

Unfortunately, this means the campaign needs a restart with the new version 2.1.

Link updated in first post.

wolfpinguin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: Belgium - Turnhout

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by wolfpinguin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 am

Thx for the "speedy" solution :D
Now the saved games are loading.

WP
RES NON VERBA

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by SirAllan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am

Hi Erik
After alot of beta testing lately, I thought I would try one of your campaigns.
I choosed US Navy campaign for the fun of trying naval/carrier warfare for a change.
I have stumble of some problems though allready in the first scenario - Pearl Habor.
Im playing with the latest patch 7.1.4.
I think there is a bug in the trigger for the naval commander, you should get one for only loosing 4 Battleships and perhaps of this I only got a Draw.
Is there a cheatcode to get him?
Btw when starting scenario 2, Wake Island, I was totally broke - is that intended?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:59 pm

SirAllan

You're correct, there is an issue with the battleship objective. Fixed in an upcoming v1.3
I am not aware of any cheats that allow you to get a specific commander. At least there's none in this list:
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=64128

The 'formula' I used for resource income in this campaign is 1 resource pr air unit pr turn.
This is not a lot if you need to repair ships...
I will probably add resources at the start of each scenario after Pearl.

Note that destroyers and other small vessels are aux units. I would not repair these.

Edit: I'm currently updating the whole campaign. I would pause the game until the next version is ready.

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by SirAllan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 pm

thx for quick response Erik :D
I found another issue, perhaps its an old one, when I rename my units they get overvritten again with the default name.
Btw you have make a tremandous work naming all the units with historical names, which I like alot :roll:
There are only small corrections that suit to my taste - so thombs up Eric and Im looking forward to 1.3 :wink:

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:43 pm

SirAllan

In cause you missed my edit in the previous post.

I'm currently updating the whole campaign. I would pause the game until the next version is ready.

Igor1941
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Igor1941 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Erik2 ... Sea Lion ... Image

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by SirAllan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Ok Erik, I will stop and wait for your improvement :wink:
While you at it, can you make the wildcat F4F-3 buyable as well and postpone the F4F-4 until SC 3 :?:
So we can update the old Buffalo (I think the F4F-4 is to early - look at the markins, it should be a star with a red dot as the F4F-3 have)

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2274
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:17 am

SirAllan wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am
Is there a cheatcode to get him?
Yes, there is: #officerondeck <x> (you get x from /data/commander.txt)

But maybe it's best to wait for Erik's updated version. :)

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 am

SirAllan wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm
Ok Erik, I will stop and wait for your improvement :wink:
While you at it, can you make the wildcat F4F-3 buyable as well and postpone the F4F-4 until SC 3 :?:
So we can update the old Buffalo (I think the F4F-4 is to early - look at the markins, it should be a star with a red dot as the F4F-3 have)
The F4F-3 expires 12-11-1941 in OOB and the F4F-4 is available from the same date.
So you can't purchase the former.
That said, ie Pearl Harbor uses the F4F3 (and the Buffalo).
You can check using the excellent Unit Navigator here:
http://mfendek.byethost16.com/

Personally I think old unit versions should not expire just because there's a new version available.
Old equipment was often used way past their 'best before' date.

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by SirAllan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Yep you are right there about the old equipment, which in my opinion should be avaible for purchase.
Personally I would like to use some more F4F-3's - is there a way to do that or must the creator (you erik) change some of the Buffalo's to F4F-3's at the start of the scenario :?:

If you want to change this you need to copy the scenario to the My Games etc Scenarios folder.
Note that air units may be placed in a carrier hangar. Click on the unit to select it and shift-click on the map to move it.
Delete and replace the unit. Select the new unit and Ctrl-click on the carrier to put it in the hangar.

rafdobrowolski
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by rafdobrowolski » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Hey there everyone, is anyone experiencing a problem with trying to get Erik's Afrika Corps custom campaign to load? I can open it from the main menu (Single Player -> Custom Content -> Afrika Corp -> Play Game), but then when I click to load it, and you get the menu with the red bar that scrolls as it loads, nothing happens and I have to exit the game to get back in. Let me know if there is a work around here. I have deleted it and reinstalled it already.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by bru888 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 am

rafdobrowolski wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 pm
Hey there everyone, is anyone experiencing a problem with trying to get Erik's Afrika Corps custom campaign to load? I can open it from the main menu (Single Player -> Custom Content -> Afrika Corp -> Play Game), but then when I click to load it, and you get the menu with the red bar that scrolls as it loads, nothing happens and I have to exit the game to get back in. Let me know if there is a work around here. I have deleted it and reinstalled it already.
See the opening post in this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=88492. We believe people will have problems with Erik's Afrika Korps campaign similar to what was encountered with Sandstorm and the 7.1.4 patch. The patch did not properly transfer something that was new about desert war in OOB, such as arrid climate, escarpments, or perhaps certain units. What you are looking at is a complete uninstall/reinstall of OOB itself, not the campaign, to fix this, unfortunately.
- Bru

rafdobrowolski
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by rafdobrowolski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm

bru888 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 am
rafdobrowolski wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:30 pm
Hey there everyone, is anyone experiencing a problem with trying to get Erik's Afrika Corps custom campaign to load? I can open it from the main menu (Single Player -> Custom Content -> Afrika Corp -> Play Game), but then when I click to load it, and you get the menu with the red bar that scrolls as it loads, nothing happens and I have to exit the game to get back in. Let me know if there is a work around here. I have deleted it and reinstalled it already.
See the opening post in this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=88492. We believe people will have problems with Erik's Afrika Korps campaign similar to what was encountered with Sandstorm and the 7.1.4 patch. The patch did not properly transfer something that was new about desert war in OOB, such as arrid climate, escarpments, or perhaps certain units. What you are looking at is a complete uninstall/reinstall of OOB itself, not the campaign, to fix this, unfortunately.
Thank you so much! In that case, I will stick it out and wait for an update!

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

US Naval Campaign

Post by Erik2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 pm

I've run a few turns of each scenario and notice that the AI often takes a looong time to finish its turn.
Probably due to the large number of units.

I'm considering throwing historic OOBs out the window and simply halve the number of ships and air units on each side (except carriers in early scenarios).
This should increase playability and the feel of each battle should be the same.
Comments?

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”