Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Sturmpioneer OK :D

Screenshot 1116.png
Screenshot 1116.png (249.29 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

EffectSequences not so easy to do correctly :?

Can anyone tell me what exactly these numbers represent ? Is there a duration ?

Sequenceseffect.jpg
Sequenceseffect.jpg (31.85 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

Actually we have :

Screenshot 1118b.png
Screenshot 1118b.png (677.82 KiB) Viewed 1240 times

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 pm

terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm
EffectSequences not so easy to do correctly :?

Can anyone tell me what exactly these numbers represent ? Is there a duration ?
The pure duration of the separate effects is defined through the "effects.txt" file.

The "effectSequences.txt" file defines how these effects will be strung together - i.e. the order in which they are played. And the first number's the timer; in other words the starting time of said effect. I guess it represents seconds and deciseconds.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't worked on these files for some time now.)

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 pm
terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm
EffectSequences not so easy to do correctly :?

Can anyone tell me what exactly these numbers represent ? Is there a duration ?
The pure duration of the separate effects is defined through the "effects.txt" file.

The "effectSequences.txt" file defines how these effects will be strung together - i.e. the order in which they are played. And the first number's the timer; in other words the starting time of said effect. I guess it represents seconds and deciseconds.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't worked on these files for some time now.)
This means that in my example "0.7 BarrelSmoke 0"(ligne 127) begins 0.7 units of time after "1.0 damage"(ligne126) ?

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm

terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm
This means that in my example "0.7 BarrelSmoke 0"(ligne 127) begins 0.7 units of time after "1.0 damage"(ligne126) ?
No, it's not cumulative, but absolute.
It means, that it will fire 0.7 seconds after the sequence began. The other one at time index 1.0s. The position in the queue (line) is irrelevant. If there are multiple entries with the same time index, they'll just start playing simultaneously.

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm
terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm
This means that in my example "0.7 BarrelSmoke 0"(ligne 127) begins 0.7 units of time after "1.0 damage"(ligne126) ?
No, it's not cumulative, but absolute.
It means, that it will fire 0.7 seconds after the sequence began. The other one at time index 1.0s. The position in the queue (line) is irrelevant. If there are multiple entries with the same time index, they'll just start playing simultaneously.
This sequence is the same as before (?), I have ranked the effects in chronological order :

Sequenceseffect(2).JPG
Sequenceseffect(2).JPG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

LNDavoust
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by LNDavoust » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Just a little typo, Terminator: garrison, not guarrison.

Dying to see what results from your work :)

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:29 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm
terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm
This means that in my example "0.7 BarrelSmoke 0"(ligne 127) begins 0.7 units of time after "1.0 damage"(ligne126) ?
No, it's not cumulative, but absolute.
It means, that it will fire 0.7 seconds after the sequence began. The other one at time index 1.0s. The position in the queue (line) is irrelevant. If there are multiple entries with the same time index, they'll just start playing simultaneously.
This is the impression I got from testing my Panzergrenadiers :mrgreen:

Screenshot 1119.png
Screenshot 1119.png (406.87 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by GabeKnight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 am

terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 pm
This sequence is the same as before (?), I have ranked the effects in chronological order :
Yeah, I would say that it should have the same results: changing nothing in the sequence.

But from your post I did not quite understand whether it worked for you or not? Did you test it with your new units?

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 am
terminator wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 pm
This sequence is the same as before (?), I have ranked the effects in chronological order :
Yeah, I would say that it should have the same results: changing nothing in the sequence.

But from your post I did not quite understand whether it worked for you or not? Did you test it with your new units?
Thank you, it has saved me a lot of time :D (with units that have 4 soldiers :evil: )

Capture d’écran (88).png
Capture d’écran (88).png (404.62 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

I didn’t have time to deal with the pictures, it looks like this at the end of the list to purchase (Novgorod, Endsieg) :

Screenshot 1120.png
Screenshot 1120.png (633.69 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

There is a bug with unique_scenario = false but there is a solution, if you put an official scenario in the folder scenario of the mod like this, it will unlock all the scenarios and campaigns :

Capture d’écran (89).png
Capture d’écran (89).png (44.45 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

The rest of the units will come later (Panzerfüsilier, Osttruppen, sniper, Brandenburger, Double Mortar Team...).

For Stats, I have found a temporary solution that can serve as the basis :

- Garrison = Security Guards = Infantry '37 with no expiration
- Panzerknacker = Volksgrenadier = Volkssturm
- Recruits = Light Infantry = Infantry - one year (ex : Recruits '40 = Infantry '39)
- Sturmpioneer = Engineer

(This mod is in English Language, if you want to change rename the file english_mod.txt in the Language folder, Ex : french_mod.txt )

The link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/35wiaxmpd ... 9.zip/file

If you want to take full advantage of this mod, play with zoom at max :idea:

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by GabeKnight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Works and looks okay. Good job with the effect sequences! But I wondered why the "Panzerknacker" units have such weak stats against, well, Panzers. :wink:

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:47 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Works and looks okay. Good job with the effect sequences! But I wondered why the "Panzerknacker" units have such weak stats against, well, Panzers. :wink:
-> Panzerknacker = Volkssturm

I thought that with a Panzerfaust, volkssturm would be good against tanks, but that’s not the case :(

Example Volssturm vs German Infantry '44 :

Volkssturm.JPG
Volkssturm.JPG (51.81 KiB) Viewed 1135 times

Infantry'44.JPG
Infantry'44.JPG (55.18 KiB) Viewed 1135 times

I will correct this in the next update :?

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 am

Panzerfüsilier :

Abilities :
AT Grenade - Fires a weak AT rifle grenade. It deals less damage than a Panzerfaust or Panzerschreck, but the main purpose of this ability is to slow down enemy tanks with critical engine damage so your main AT weapons can deal with the armor more easily.

Screenshot 1134.png
Screenshot 1134.png (494.11 KiB) Viewed 1105 times

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by SirAllan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Just a question
When I use your wonderfull mod starting Endsieg, I dont get my coreforce from panzerkrieg transferred - how come :?:

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by Halvralf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 pm

SirAllan wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:35 pm
Just a question
When I use your wonderfull mod starting Endsieg, I dont get my coreforce from panzerkrieg transferred - how come :?:
You have to copy your core from the core folder and create a core folder in the mod where you put it.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:59 am

3 NEW units :

1. Osttruppen '42->45 (defensive unit) :

Screenshot 1145.png
Screenshot 1145.png (583.59 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

2. Brandenburgers '39->45 (commando unit) :

Screenshot 1146.png
Screenshot 1146.png (895.09 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

3. Snipers :

Screenshot 1147.png
Screenshot 1147.png (542.82 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

SirAllan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by SirAllan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Thx Halvralf :D

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by Halvralf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 pm

SirAllan wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:19 pm
Thx Halvralf :D
Your welcome :-)
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 am

German Mortar Team :

Screenshot 1160.png
Screenshot 1160.png (730.97 KiB) Viewed 974 times

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3068
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by terminator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm

NEW unit = Italisches Freiwillige :

Screenshot 1168.png
Screenshot 1168.png (673.75 KiB) Viewed 955 times

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Forgotten Units Mod and stuff...

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm

terminator wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm
NEW unit = Italisches Freiwillige :
I guess they are supposed to be Italians fighting for Germany? Then it's "Italienische Freiwillige". :)

But I'm no geography or history expert, maybe there was another "Ital" country out there somewhere then... :wink:

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”