Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by terminator » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:00 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am
Thanks Gabe, I know what I made wrong, there should be "counter" frame filled in this case
I tried both "flamethrower" and "flamethrower_mg" effects and work both :wink:
However the flame effect is funny for PzKw I :lol:
I did not arrived to create a FlamPzKw I or any other flame tank models. The "flamethrower" effect has never worked correctly on other tanks (?)
Last edited by terminator on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm

terminator wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:00 pm
kondi754 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am
Thanks Gabe, I know what I made wrong, there should be "counter" frame filled in this case
I tried both "flamethrower" and "flamethrower_mg" effects and work both :wink:
However the flame effect is funny for PzKw I :lol:
I did not arrived to create a PzKw I or or any other flame tank models. The "flamethrower" effect has never worked correctly on other tanks (?)
No, this effect doesn't work 100 percent correctly on "standard" tanks (but how it works now it's acceptable for me, eventually... :| :roll: )
See below
pz I flamm effect.jpg
pz I flamm effect.jpg (204.26 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm

AndreyBacerage wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 pm
You need the right pivot direction - than shoot your flame corret out.
Thanks. That's actually some useful pic.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14 pm

To be precise: Flammenwerfer auf PzKfw IA
Yes, I know that but there is only Pz IB model in OoB, so I have no choice

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by terminator » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14 pm
To be precise: Flammenwerfer auf PzKfw IA
Yes, I know that but there is only Pz IB model in OoB, so I have no choice
Panzer I Ausf B. ‘Lanzallamas’, Spanish Civil War (Nationalist Spain Light Flamethrower Tank) :

Pzkpfw-1-AusfB-LM.png
Pzkpfw-1-AusfB-LM.png (75.67 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 am

@Gabe,
Can I borrow these units from you?
- Brandenburg Inf
- SdKfz 10 (transport)
- L 3/35 Lanciaflamme
- SdKfz 7/2 AT (I think that I'll use it as Diana Stg. :wink: )

I don't know if I will use them but I prefer to ask before 8)
One more thing, I'm reading this book about Afrika Korps and it turned out that a lot of changes are still necessary

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 am

kondi754 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 am
@Gabe,
Can I borrow these units from you?
- Brandenburg Inf
- SdKfz 10 (transport)
- L 3/35 Lanciaflamme
- SdKfz 7/2 AT (I think that I'll use it as Diana Stg. :wink: )
No problem with the SdKfz7/2 and the Inf. and all of the model pics - those I've done myself - but the L3 Lf and SdKfz10 models are from Admiral's 3A mod. You should ask him, but I don't think he'll mind - he was very kind when I asked him.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 am
kondi754 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 am
@Gabe,
Can I borrow these units from you?
- Brandenburg Inf
- SdKfz 10 (transport)
- L 3/35 Lanciaflamme
- SdKfz 7/2 AT (I think that I'll use it as Diana Stg. :wink: )
No problem with the SdKfz7/2 and the Inf. and all of the model pics - those I've done myself - but the L3 Lf and SdKfz10 models are from Admiral's 3A mod. You should ask him, but I don't think he'll mind - he was very kind when I asked him.
Thanks, Sdkfz 251/2 (with mortar) is yours or Admiral's ?

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am
Thanks, Sdkfz 251/2 (with mortar) is yours or Admiral's ?
All completely new models are the Admirals. I've only done switch models with existing stock units.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 1748
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am

Guys, ICYMI (some of you didnt, I was slower), AndreyBacarage was another HBalck account and has now been banned. Mr Weinert, GTFO and go whine on facebook or somewhere. We can smell you ten miles away.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 am

Andy2012 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am
Guys, ICYMI (some of you didnt, I was slower), AndreyBacarage was another HBalck account and has now been banned. Mr Weinert, GTFO and go whine on facebook or somewhere. We can smell you ten miles away.
Thanks Andy, I wonder why he does such things
After all, it's just a game. A pleasant way to spend free time, nothing more :roll:

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by Halvralf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Andy2012 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am
Guys, ICYMI (some of you didnt, I was slower), AndreyBacarage was another HBalck account and has now been banned. Mr Weinert, GTFO and go whine on facebook or somewhere. We can smell you ten miles away.
Omg this guy seems a bit wierd?
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 1748
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Halvralf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Omg this guy seems a bit wierd?
Yes, an odd person. You guys spotted him quite early, the mods were a bit late to the party this time. Just report any reference to forbidden mods and so on. Let's keep this a civil place. :D

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Ok, Pre-deploy units before Gazala battle:
- 15 cm sIG 33 auf Fgs PzKpfw II(Sf) aka Bison II (core)
- Sd.Kfz.6/3 (7,62cm FK(r) auf 5t Zgkw) aka Diana (auxilliary)

Thanks Gabe, the solution of my problem was obvious, of course :oops:

diana ok.jpg
diana ok.jpg (444.96 KiB) Viewed 819 times

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 am

Report from the battlefield:
9 scenarios are almost ready for release, there are still 4 to prepare (Tunisian part of the campaign)

Below is an explanation of how I modify and increase the level of difficulty in the game (a part of my private correspondence with one of the meritorious members of our forum :wink: )
I make the game difficult mainly by:
1. weaker and older equipment, available for Afrika Korps (and Italians armoured divs) later than eg for panzerwaffe on the Eastern Front, many new models of tanks or tank destroyers are unavailable (weaker artillery too - according to North Arican reality), eg StuGs will appear only in Tunisia in 1943 (F8 version), previously only 3 vehicles of D version arrived and fought under Gazala (they are in my Mod during Gazala battle and it's a unit of 3 points strenght 8) :!: )
2. sometimes less RPs before the battle (it's enough to cut it once and then you have problems with resources until the end :twisted: )
3. greater level of experience for the British units, especially aircraft, tanks and heavy infantry (sometimes much higher), for example during op.Crusader British tanks brigades had little experience in "vanilla" DLC, which is nonsense, because there were at least two elite armored brigades, which had a lot of experience after fighting with Italians in 1940 (Compass) and 1941 (Ethiopia), and after the Greek campaign
4. a few of my own ideas, eg unique units, created only for DAK (eg Bison, Diana, or Flammenwerfer auf.Pz I), the player will receive them as pre-deployed units before various battles (according to historical truth, of course) and these units will join the core, but player will not be able to buy, upgrade or repair them, so he has to take care of these gifts, because if he would be careless he will lose them quickly - these were models created in a few or a dozen or so copies (Bison 12/Diana 9/Flammenwerfer auf Pz I maybe 20) and didn't survive long on the battlefield
5. on the other hand, Beutepanzer specs for Germans (Dingo, Univ.Carrier transport, Mathilda mk.II, Sherman M4A2, 76.2mm PaK36(r) and SdKfz 6 Diana) and Italians (Crusader mk.II)

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by calmhatchery » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

great! cant wait!!!

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Per request:

PzKw I flamm (changed stock model)
- the model has two weapon points: w0 (left MG) and w1 (right flamethrower)
- I did not modify the stock texture. The gears/transmissions look different, for example. Feel free to change it to your liking.

Screenshot 990.jpg
Screenshot 990.jpg (845.42 KiB) Viewed 612 times

suggested weapon effect:

Code: Select all

[PzKw_I_flamm]
0.0 MG34 0
0.5 Flamethrower 1
2.0 damage
2.3 BarrelFlame 1
2.0 hit
Attachments
PzKw_I_flamm.rar
(313.86 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Excellent :!:
Thank you for your efforts, Gabe 8)
My mod is substantially complete now (have only the last scenario to check and balance), but I'm still waiting for "unrealiable" trait to be fixed by Devs :evil:
Maybe should I release my Mod without proper "unreliable" trait? Maybe should I just reduce the amount of mp for Tiger and Bison II as Terminator advised? What do you think?

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 pm

You're welcome.
(...and it's win-win, as I can use this unit very well in my mod, too :wink: )
kondi754 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm
[...] but I'm still waiting for "unrealiable" trait to be fixed by Devs :evil: Maybe should I release my Mod without proper "unreliable" trait? Maybe should I just reduce the amount of mp for Tiger and Bison II as Terminator advised? What do you think?
I really don't believe there will be any kind of hotfix-patch for the "unreliable" trait. Sorry Kondi, you'll probably have to wait for the next "major" event for an update of the game. Maybe the console release? My advice: Don't wait for it.

The MP-reduction could be a workaround, but those Tigers are quite slow on the desert as they are now (6MP=3-hex range). Going with 2-hex speeds (=4MP) would make them virtually "unusable" with the usually fast desert-advances, like the engineers/heavy inf. without transports basically. Always being left behind and the rest of the army having to wait for them to catch up. But maybe that's exactly what you want? Try it.

On a sidenote: I've discovered the "Hollow Knight" game to be quite excellent. It reminds me of the past, very similar, "(Super) Metroid" games with a huge interconnected world, good platfoming and exploration and a nice reward-system. I like it very much and even bought my first PC gamepad/controller because of it. :mrgreen:
And it plays perfectly and smoothly at 2160p resolutions :wink:
( :arrow: So, I've put OoB playing/modding a little bit on hold - that's what I wanted to say)

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by terminator » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 pm
You're welcome.
(...and it's win-win, as I can use this unit very well in my mod, too :wink: )
kondi754 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm
[...] but I'm still waiting for "unrealiable" trait to be fixed by Devs :evil: Maybe should I release my Mod without proper "unreliable" trait? Maybe should I just reduce the amount of mp for Tiger and Bison II as Terminator advised? What do you think?
I really don't believe there will be any kind of hotfix-patch for the "unreliable" trait. Sorry Kondi, you'll probably have to wait for the next "major" event for an update of the game. Maybe the console release? My advice: Don't wait for it.

The MP-reduction could be a workaround, but those Tigers are quite slow on the desert as they are now (6MP=3-hex range). Going with 2-hex speeds (=4MP) would make them virtually "unusable" with the usually fast desert-advances, like the engineers/heavy inf. without transports basically. Always being left behind and the rest of the army having to wait for them to catch up. But maybe that's exactly what you want? Try it.

On a sidenote: I've discovered the "Hollow Knight" game to be quite excellent. It reminds me of the past, very similar, "(Super) Metroid" games with a huge interconnected world, good platfoming and exploration and a nice reward-system. I like it very much and even bought my first PC gamepad/controller because of it. :mrgreen:
And it plays perfectly and smoothly at 2160p resolutions :wink:
( :arrow: So, I've put OoB playing/modding a little bit on hold - that's what I wanted to say)
If you are looking for pictures of Tiger tanks in africa, you can notice that these images usually show Tiger tanks along the roads and not right in the desert...

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”