Testing scens without fog of war etc?

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

PoorOldSpike
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Testing scens without fog of war etc?

Post by PoorOldSpike » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm

I usually start the week by asking one stupid question so here it is-
After creating a sensational scenario in the editor and launching it to test it, is there any way to view the proceedings without any fog of war so that I can see if the AI units are behaving properly according to their orders/appearance turn/ triggers/ location etc?
Also, suppose I've scheduled a bunch of AI units to appear on turn 12, is there any way to "fast forward" to turn 12 to check that they really do appear?

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Testing scens without fog of war etc?

Post by bru888 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:54 pm

There's the old tried and true cheat code #orbitalcommand which lifts the FOW for everyone and there might be its one drawback. The AI will see everything you do and therefore may act in certain ways which would not be a true indication of how it will act in game conditions.

You could design a couple of triggers like these two which (supposedly) will lift the FOW only for one alliance, the human player's, and keep the AI alliances in the dark. Theoretically.

Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (210.29 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (195.75 KiB) Viewed 248 times

As far as checking out what's going to happen on turn 12, without having to live through 11 turns to get there, the only way that I know of is to temporarily move the trigger up from Turn 12 to, say, Turn 2. That's only if it does not depend on other stuff happening in the first 11 turns, however. If that is the case, then you must sit and watch. (Suggestion in that case: In Options, Preferences, move the AI Animations Speed all the way up to maximum.)
- Bru

PoorOldSpike

Re: Testing scens without fog of war etc?

Post by PoorOldSpike » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Thanks Bru, it's good to see if my AI units are doing what I told them..:)

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”