Problem loading US Corps Custom Campaigns

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

michacey
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Problem loading US Corps Custom Campaigns

Post by michacey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 pm

I have been away from OOB for a few month. I thought that I would try Erik's Custom US Corps Campaign. I download them as usual, extract them, place them in the OOB Campaign file but when I start the game, they are not listed in Custom Content with the others that I have downloaded and played in the past. Is there some new procedure that I am not aware of? I have all DLC's including the latest. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Problem loading US Corps Custom Campaigns

Post by bru888 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 pm

When you say "place them in the OOB Campaign file," make sure that you are not accessing the program's official DLC campaign folder, which is:
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Campaigns

Instead, a custom campaign goes into this folder (PC/Windows):
C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns

Here I have downloaded Erik's US Corps 1942-1943 campaign; it comes down as a zipped file:

Image0072.jpg
Image0072.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 182 times

I opened the zipped file and extracted the folder that it contains into the custom campaigns folder (again, note the location of that folder):

Image0074.jpg
Image0074.jpg (235.11 KiB) Viewed 182 times

I clicked Custom Content and the US Corps 1942-1943 campaign was available:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (360.71 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (414.28 KiB) Viewed 182 times
- Bru

michacey
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by michacey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks for your help Bru. I used the same procedure you described except that I extract the content to the desk top and than click and drag it into the Campaign file. See the OOB Campaign file below with the US Corp content listed along with past content I have successfully downloaded. When I go to the game and check the Custom Content it is not there while the previous content is. What am I doing wrong?
OOB Campaign File.PNG
OOB Campaign File.PNG (55.11 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Attachments
OOB Campaign File.PNG
OOB Campaign File.PNG (55.11 KiB) Viewed 152 times

michacey
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by michacey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Problem solved. I just tried to extract the game directly into the OOB Campaigns file as Bru described and it worked. Apparently I can no longer just extract it to desk top and click and drag it into the file. Thanks for your help Bru. I never would have thought of it otherwise.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:52 pm

I am glad that it worked out but I cannot figure out why it would make a difference whether you extracted the US Corps 1942-1943 folder to your desktop first and then moved it to the custom campaigns folder in its entirety. Perhaps it's a setting in the compression program that you are using? Well, all's well that ends well.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”