Erik's Korean War

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Erik's Korean War

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am
kondi754 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm I also prepared such a skin without a Tiger and I'm planning at least two more.
Kondi, as always, your skins are beautiful! 8)
The winter camo looks like a nice painting by itself... :D

Thanks! I'm keeping them; also for use outside of Korea... :wink: :mrgreen:
Thanks Gabe :)
I'm glad you like it
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am I'm glad you like it
I hope everyone will like them now that the skin problem inside the Korea mod has been fixed.
And I hope Erik will update some scens to include them with the "set unit skin" triggers.

PS: Say, how long did it take you to find the "right" spot for the tiger...? :P
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am
I hope everyone will like them now that the skin problem inside the Korea mod has been fixed.
And I hope Erik will update some scens to include them with the "set unit skin" triggers.

I'm currently working my way through the scenarios adding skin triggers.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am

Pretty quick, but that's thanks to thousands of experiments with skins before :wink:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 pm Pretty quick, but that's thanks to thousands of experiments with skins before :wink:
:lol: Riiiiight....

And thanks again for all the skins you've created over time. I have to admit that I do not use skins super often, but when I do, it's always yours or Mr.T's... 8)
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kverdon »

I wonder if fixing the skin triggers will help with the lockup’s? The feeling is that they are graphic related. Still happening every few turns. I have been playing the Tanker mini-campaign and one other issues is that objectives are getting marked as captured or held. I can take them but I still get a 0/2 etc and have to use the #igotnukes to end the scenarios.

The victory condition issue may be code related. I noted in Allies Defient that objectives were often not getting marked complete until the final turn of the scenario.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

[
[7 Marines - Battle For The Hills] (Campaign) Fox2.zip
Save Game
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
[7 Marines - Battle For The Hills] (Campaign) Fox2.zip
Save Game
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Attached is an example of the victory conditions. This is from the 89th Tank Btn Chockton River Scenario. Despite the fact that I have not lost any Turkish units AND no ChiCom units have exited to the south, I got a "Draw" on the scenario instead of a Major Victory as it's not correctly logging the primary Victory conditions. i've included a screen shot and the last saved game file in a .zip format.

I'm really enjoying this MOD so I'm really hoping you can get the issues sorted.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

kverdon

Thanks for the feedback.
I will of course attempt to fix any issues reported, but I'll collect some more before the next update.
Note that there's also a single-player Chosin Reservoir scenario in the package in case you've missed it :wink:

Erik
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Started the 1950 campaign. I really like it but am having to put it aside due to the lockups every few turns. I hope you can get them sorted as your Mod is a real winner. Just a question on units , I notice no M7 Priests or M-36 Jackson’s are available for player units though I’ve seen pics of them in Korea. Is because they were not available in the time frame of the Campaign?
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

kverdon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:39 am Started the 1950 campaign. I really like it but am having to put it aside due to the lockups every few turns. I hope you can get them sorted as your Mod is a real winner. Just a question on units , I notice no M7 Priests or M-36 Jackson’s are available for player units though I’ve seen pics of them in Korea. Is because they were not available in the time frame of the Campaign?

https://pikabu.ru/story/voennyiy_muzey_ ... _1_6860267

The use of the Po-2 in the Korean War
http://hellishamerica.ru/koreja4.html

British soldiers in Korea
http://hellishamerica.ru/vojnavkoree5.html

Well the tracks are wrapped around )))
https://topwar.ru/155343-rasskazy-ob-or ... riest.html
https://vk.com/ovbron
https://war-book.ru/m7-priest-samohodna ... ya-ustano/
Rather, all this appeared later, at first, the North Korean T-34-85 tanks did not meet worthy opponents )
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

kverdon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:39 am Started the 1950 campaign. I really like it but am having to put it aside due to the lockups every few turns. I hope you can get them sorted as your Mod is a real winner. Just a question on units , I notice no M7 Priests or M-36 Jackson’s are available for player units though I’ve seen pics of them in Korea. Is because they were not available in the time frame of the Campaign?
I can't remember I had any lockups when I played the 1950 campaign, so that is odd (and frustrating of course).

GabeKnight and I set a lot of unit types as Nopurchase in the units.csv to avoid cluttering the purchase screen.
I have removed this restriction whenever a unit type pops up in a scenario (I use scenarios from John Tiller's Korean War as map/oob-templates).

I'll 'unlock' the Priest and the Jackson. I think I even spawned the Priest as reinforcement in one scenario...
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Thanks Erik,

The lockup’s have been happening in all the campaigns I’ve played, Fox co, 89th and 1950. Sometimes it happens with the first few units I move, sometimes during the AI turn or sometimes not for a few turns. Not sure if it graphical or sound related or something in the code. Did not see this happen with my recent run throughs of your US Army campaigns.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kverdon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm The lockup’s have been happening in all the campaigns I’ve played
I've played three mini-campaigns with the downloadable version of the Korea mod now and I did not experience anything you've mentioned myself.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Gabe, what version of the Mod were you using? I think I saw that one other person had reported lockups during the AI phase.

I’ve noticed some other odd behavior after the last update like the games opens in a window that cuts off the bottom of the screen and won’t let you deploy or scroll until you hit alt-enter. It may be time to use #igotnukes on the game installation and reinstall from scratch.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kverdon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:47 am Gabe, what version of the Mod were you using? [...] and reinstall from scratch.
This is the wrong thread for downloading the Korea mod anyway - I'm not sure if Erik maintains the download link from the OP of this thread... (?)
Erik moved Korea to his "main" campaign thread; link in the first post, version 1.2 (March 2021)

And before any new installation of the game, I'd suggest to try to delete the \settings folder (MyGames\OoB...) first.
Please note that EVERY mod has its OWN settings folder!
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

A note on Scenario 4, 04Kongiu, of the Korea 1950 pt1 campaign. You may want to add "Off Map Air Supply Source" to the player faction so that you can deploy the 6 Air CP that you are allotted in the mission.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

kverdon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:17 am A note on Scenario 4, 04Kongiu, of the Korea 1950 pt1 campaign. You may want to add "Off Map Air Supply Source" to the player faction so that you can deploy the 6 Air CP that you are allotted in the mission.
Thanks, noted.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Downloaded and replaced Korea 1.1 with 1.3 and moving forward with the Korea 1950 campaign. It is surely a winner overall. Each scenario has a razor balance to it where I feel that I hopelessly doomed but then the tide slowly turns to victory. You truly get the feel of trying to stave off the NK/CC hordes.

Units:
If I could ask you to unlock one more armored unit it would be the Sherman M4A3E8. I have read that US Army Korean War units actually liked the “Easy Eight” over the Pershing’s due to the better maneuverability and found it a match for the NK T34/85s. The M4/105 works as a stand in but just does not feel right. I see there is an entry in Tactical Bombers for the Skyraider but it does not seem finished. It has no picture, no stats and you can’t buy it. The best ground attack is the P-80 right now. The F4U is rather anemic by comparison.

Still getting the odd lock up. I am running at 3440x1440.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

kverdon

Thanks...

The Skyraider issues are odd. I created a copy of one of the existing tac bombers, gave it an unique ID/name and adjusted some values.
To my knowledge, it should have used use the original unit's picture.

I remember there were some similar issues in the Defiant beta. You had to click on the white spot in the center of the pic.
Then you'd see the stats and could purchase the unit.
skyraider.jpg
skyraider.jpg (380.22 KiB) Viewed 2484 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”