Minor Annoyances

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Minor Annoyances

Post by bssybeep » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm on the 2nd mission of the American Oddball campaign.

1.I noticed the computer German tank fired it's secondary machine gun and then scooted out of my Sherman's line of sight. Yet, I was not allowed the same action. My Sherman initially did not move, I fired my secondary machine gun and I was not allowed to move afterwards. Did I miss something in the rules?

2.Same German tank on another play through. A hedge hex was clearly blocking diagonal llne of sight to my Sherman. Yet it was still able to fire and take it out.

3.also, forest hexes seem useless for protection. In the same scenario, the Germans basically have no problem picking off any of my troops in forest hexes. I might as well be standing out in the open.

I never played the board game, so I don't know if these odd rules / results are a reflection of those rules.

Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Minor Annoyances

Post by Uncle_Joe » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Forests are +1 to defense. So depending on the combat situation, this can be a big help or not much at all.

For example, if your defense is 5 and the enemy attack is +1, they need to roll a 4+ to hit you. If you're in the woods so it's a 5+ which translates to able 33% less vulnerable. If you have a 6 defense base, the woods cuts the chances of taking damage in half. On the other hand, if they are firing with an MG or something that is +3 attack, then the woods will produce marginal help (Defense 5 vs a +3 attack = 2+ to hit or 3+ if in the woods which is about a 20% increase to your chance of survival).

I'm not sure no the LOS or move/fire issue though so hopefully someone else can chime in on those.

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Re: Minor Annoyances

Post by simone007 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:26 pm

bssybeep wrote:I'm on the 2nd mission of the American Oddball campaign.
My Sherman initially did not move, I fired my secondary machine gun and I was not allowed to move afterwards. Did I miss something in the rules?
Hi bssybeep,
In this situation, you have to click on the "fire on the move" icon that appears on the bottom bar (just before rolling the die).
If you don't do that, the game assumes that you don't want to get the "fire on the move" penalty

If your Sherman moves and then fires, the game automatically applies the "fire on the move" penalty to the combat

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”