Dice rolls - another gripe

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
lugosi84
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Dice rolls - another gripe

Post by lugosi84 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 am

Is it true in the die roll diagram that is shown in the lower left before you roll a combat die, that a black number represents a miss and the and the green numbers represent what would be a hit?

The reason that I ask is that I have seen SEVERAL rolls where a number appears as black in the diagram, but when the computer rolls that number, they still score a hit.

Is there something wrong here, or am I looking at things wrong?

Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Dice rolls - another gripe

Post by Uncle_Joe » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 am

The 'symbol' can cause some confusion.

The dice have 'pips' for 1-5 (stars or crosses) but the '6' is just one larger star or cross. So often it looks like the roll is a 1 when it's actually a 6. Keep an eye on it and see if you can note the differences between the 1 and the 6 and eventually it becomes easy to tell the difference.

lugosi84

Post by lugosi84 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:41 am

Yeah, I am not so keen on the way that the 6 pip is displayed.

That being said, though, it wasnt a 1 or 6 difference that I am talking about......it even happened on some of the other numbers.

I am going to keep an eye out for it a little better so that I can give some hard examples.

twilightling
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by twilightling » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:59 am

The German Sniper Hero - he receives the "normal" to hit, but with his sniper rifle he is actually using a custom D6 table, so sometimes you would hit a target ot 6+, but he rolls a 4 (which is shown as a miss on the normal table) and hits as it is a hit in the sniper table. I hope I this reads a bit more clear than I imagined it:>

visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:14 am

The only instances I can think about involve suppression:

1) The sniper (Ludwig), has a different way to roll dice. He can miss his target but still give it a suppressed marker, if he rolls a 3/4. This is shown in a custom screen, similar to the damage roll for tanks.
2) Otto has a "Frightening Shot" ability. Even if he misses his target, he's still going to give it a suppression marker.
3) Von Kamptz has a "Terrifying" ability. When he assaults a unit, even if he loses, he's still going to give it a suppression marker.

There are no instances in which a "miss" preview could translate to a hit (and vice versa).

MrJamesEMcBride

Post by MrJamesEMcBride » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank you for the information. It is very possible that I missed those other tables/information.

I will be playing again when I get back home from work :)

MrJamesEMcBride

Post by MrJamesEMcBride » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:34 pm

By the way.....Lugosi84 and MrJamesEMcBride are both me.....I need to get rid of the Lugosi84 ID and keep just the other one.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”