A Shame ?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
genesteal
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

A Shame ?

Post by genesteal » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:10 pm

I'm a french Player of HoN (gameboard) and aside a 3d modeler for videos game...
Buying Hon Pc Game on steam Yesterday, I'm very disappointed...
The game has been developped for Ipad without any consideration about screen sizes on PC or consoles...
So the gui (interface) is oversized accordingly to the real game area : you must scroll to have a view of this one , never a global view...
Button, dice and so on give a "70's " look of the game and not sure that deserve the borad game.
Logo pictures of terrain are not displayed and you have to right clic on it to see different properties. Here, too, each "popup" are too big and mask a great area of the screen...
No comment about setting resolution missing in options, bad location about area explanation of each assault or fire (on right , why not on bottom ?) and the way to leave it (a timer deleting it about X second would be a better idea)...and so on...
The Skirmish mode is very poor (3 small maps) and the most important, all features about cards player are missing in this game ...This last is one of the most important "mood" in the game board giving to it the "hollywood" way wanted by their creators...
I Have conflict of heroes on PC and the game board ...this one was an excellent adaptation of original game... Here, for HoN, is quite a shame.

Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: A Shame ?

Post by Uncle_Joe » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Can't address the concerns about screen size or design decisions between PC and iPad but I have seen the following in various threads:
The Skirmish mode is very poor (3 small maps)
They are going to patch it to unlock all of the maps without having to complete the smaller ones (patch should be soon for this).
and the most important, all features about cards player are missing in this game ...This last is one of the most important "mood" in the game board giving to it the "hollywood" way wanted by their creators..

Also on the way. My understanding is that they will be bundled with the editor in an upcoming update (possibly by the end of the month as well).

Mechanically, I feel this is a very good adaptation of the board game. There are a few bugs to be ironed out (which they have acknowledged and are working on or already have fixed) and the extra content should put it in line with the initial release of the board game with some extras.

Dorb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Dorb » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 pm

How much did you pay for COH? Guessing more than than $20. I have both too and the board game versions, There are things on both I would like to change, but it will be alright since I do not have to roundup others to play. - FYI, COH has a solo option coming, can't wait to get that for the board game.

genesteal

Post by genesteal » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Dorb wrote:How much did you pay for COH? Guessing more than than $20. I have both too and the board game versions, There are things on both I would like to change, but it will be alright since I do not have to roundup others to play. - FYI, COH has a solo option coming, can't wait to get that for the board game.
The price, to my eyes, is not a citeria to release a game before it has been really "finished". see some promos on steam for equal price and for game greatly achieved.
My opinion here is also on the way some products are sold now whithout any respect for customers and, here, for the wonderful work made by Yann & Clem on HoN.(the creators)
Not sure that CoH has needed much developt than HoN ... > all graphics was already made in HoN (on digital support) and no needs to work on this side of sthe soft...so...
The price of a game is not too a criteria for quality : several factors are added in a price and sometimes quite far with quality. (licence costs, workers costs depending of country legislation, urge needs of cash or not...suppliyng circuits etc ).
Last edited by genesteal on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lordholmes2015

Post by Lordholmes2015 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Subjective complaints.

I love the look of the game. The dice are fine. I don't have any complaints about the interface. And I'm obviously playing on a PC.

To each his own.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”