Broken....Assualt and Buildings

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
semaj
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Broken....Assualt and Buildings

Post by semaj » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:33 pm

This game is so frustrating to use the assault mode for a token.

When you assault you roll 2 dice (take the best) and add the attack value on the token. The defender gets 2 dice (if they have assault) and take best then they add the defense of the terrain they are in and the defense on the token.....With out cards to enhance the attack value or some other form of buff any assault is basically doomed to fail before it get going.

example of Mission one German campaign. Stewart hides in a building and has a 9 defense. I cant destroy the building he is in as I cant target the building :evil: I have to target him. Panther fires a CANON and only hits on a 6. (only if I don't move for the whole game). Panther fires at Stewart with his MG and only hits on a 5/6 again only if I don't move for the whole game.

Example 2 Pschreck Fires at Stewart in the building def 9.....I have a 0 to attack infantry so NO SNOWBALL IN HELL CHANCE. Cant fire at the building the guy is hiding in with a GIANT freakin rocket launcher to blow the building up :evil:

Also Vehicles that take 2 spaces are supposed to be able to choose LOS from either space. Every attact from a vehicle or tank os taken from the rear space so why have two space tokens just change them to one... This is not a PC version of the game HON is a near miss.

As a collector of all HON I am very disappointed in the game so far. Looking forward to patch 3 or better to correct the many mistakes that make a great game feel like I hate to play it.. :evil: :evil: :evil:

IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Broken....Assualt and Buildings

Post by IronFist00 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:42 pm

I know the cards aren't in yet, and the plan is to add them soon, so until then I suppress the target of my assault and then assault, preferably with a unit that has Assault +1. Even if you don't have one of the bonus assault units suppressing beforehand can improve your odds significantly, even when the defender is in good cover. This is how I'm handling things until the cards are added.

semaj

Post by semaj » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 am

Maybe I miss the reason for suppression. It needs the same numbers to suppress as to hit and wound. Did I miss some during the tutorial. If I could hit to suppress why not just roll to hit.

Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 am

semaj wrote:Maybe I miss the reason for suppression. It needs the same numbers to suppress as to hit and wound. Did I miss some during the tutorial. If I could hit to suppress why not just roll to hit.
Your attack mods are doubled when firing to suppress. So if you're normal strength vs infantry is 2 and the target's defense is 6, you need to roll a 4+ to hit but if firing to suppress your fire strength doubles to 4 and thus you only need to roll a 2+ to suppress them.

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by simone007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 am

uncle_joe wrote:
semaj wrote:Maybe I miss the reason for suppression. It needs the same numbers to suppress as to hit and wound. Did I miss some during the tutorial. If I could hit to suppress why not just roll to hit.
Your attack mods are doubled when firing to suppress. So if you're normal strength vs infantry is 2 and the target's defense is 6, you need to roll a 4+ to hit but if firing to suppress your fire strength doubles to 4 and thus you only need to roll a 2+ to suppress them.
Yes, correct. Suppressive fire has a higher chance to hit

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”