perforating

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Post Reply
Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

perforating

Post by Skanvak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 am

How does perforating function? It said add one to damage roll against tank but I don't see the effect. When I roll a 5 on the dice to damage (no to hit) the damage is still main gun damage and not destroyed. Do I make a mistake?
Best regards,


Skanvak

tycoon
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:04 am

Re: perforating

Post by tycoon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:53 pm

it should add +1 to the roll to hit, not to the dammage table
Be carefull what you wish for, you just might get it!

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: perforating

Post by simone007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Skanvak wrote:How does perforating function? It said add one to damage roll against tank but I don't see the effect. When I roll a 5 on the dice to damage (no to hit) the damage is still main gun damage and not destroyed. Do I make a mistake?
Hi Skanvak,
as tycoon said, the "perforating" adds a +1 to the damage marker die roll.

It's a useful ability because it makes it easier to destroy the tank

Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: perforating

Post by Skanvak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:33 pm

simone007 wrote: as tycoon said, the "perforating" adds a +1 to the damage marker die roll.

It's a useful ability because it makes it easier to destroy the tank
Excuse me but that does not make any sense to me (may be because I am not a native english speaker). What do you call the "damage marker die roll"? As I understand the game there is a to hit roll then a damage roll. Tycoon say it apply to the to hit roll. Damage marker roll seems to me that you say it apply to the damage roll which is contrary to what tycoon said.

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: perforating

Post by simone007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Skanvak wrote:
simone007 wrote: as tycoon said, the "perforating" adds a +1 to the damage marker die roll.

It's a useful ability because it makes it easier to destroy the tank
Excuse me but that does not make any sense to me (may be because I am not a native english speaker). What do you call the "damage marker die roll"? As I understand the game there is a to hit roll then a damage roll. Tycoon say it apply to the to hit roll. Damage marker roll seems to me that you say it apply to the damage roll which is contrary to what tycoon said.
Yes there is a "To Hit" roll: if successful then there's a Damage Roll.

The Damage Roll defines the exact damage taken by the defending Tank.
WIth a roll of 1 the tank gets CREW damage (the tank can use the Cannon OR the Machine Gun but not both in the same turn)
With a 2 the tank gets TRACKS damage (the tank is immobilized)
With a 3 or 4 the tank gets HULL damage (two suppression markers)
With a 5 it gets PRIMARY WEAPON damage (Cannon cannot be used anymore)
With a 6 the tank is destroyed immediately

The tank is destroyed when you roll a 6 with the Damage Roll or if the tanks gets the same kind of damage twice

The perforating ability (of the attacker) adds a +1 to the Damage Roll. With this +1, the attacker has more chances to kill the tank (simply because if you roll a 6 with the Damage Roll the tank is immediately destroyed).

Hope this helps

Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: perforating

Post by Skanvak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:25 am

This is clear (and this is the exact opposite of tycoon post) and the perforating bonus is NOT in the game. The game does not add the +1 to the damage roll. (by the way it should be optionnal as damage the crew is somewhat better than damaging the track).

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: perforating

Post by simone007 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Skanvak wrote:This is clear (and this is the exact opposite of tycoon post) and the perforating bonus is NOT in the game. The game does not add the +1 to the damage roll. (by the way it should be optionnal as damage the crew is somewhat better than damaging the track).
Hi Skanvak, the bonus for the Perforating ability is in the game.

The damage roll shown in the game contains the +1 bonus. This is notified by a small window in the center-left of the screen that shows you that the 'Perforating' ability has been activated (this happens during the damage die roll animation).

Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: perforating

Post by Skanvak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Got it. Sorry for the trouble, it is not very obvious that the die roll is the one to the lower left and the die shown is the modified one.

simone007
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: perforating

Post by simone007 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:11 pm

Skanvak wrote:Got it. Sorry for the trouble, it is not very obvious that the die roll is the one to the lower left and the die shown is the modified one.
Hi Skanvak,
maybe my answer was confusing.

When the damage roll animation starts, a small window appears (at the center-left of the screen) and tells you that the "Perforating" ability has been activated
The die roll animation starts and the shows the die number already modified by the +1 bonus

Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: perforating

Post by Skanvak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:39 pm

I get the essential information : the modifier is taken into the dice. Though I think the display is confusing.
Best regards,


Skanvak

nostradunwhich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:14 am

Re: perforating

Post by nostradunwhich » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:53 pm

tycoon wrote:it should add +1 to the roll to hit, not to the dammage table
I hate to disagree with Tycoon, but that is the opposite of what happens with Perforating. It adds to the Damage Location roll.

From the HoN rulebook: "Add 1 to the die roll when you determine the type of damage inflicted on a heavy vehicle."

By type it means (Hull, Crew, Tracks, Main Gun, Destroyed).

The coders got this one right :)

Post Reply

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”