ATTN markfeldman

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
dox44
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

ATTN markfeldman

Post by dox44 »

screen i got when i entered
screen i got when i entered
markfeldman_PBEM_turn6_a.jpg (219.36 KiB) Viewed 5549 times
game crashed on my turn 6.

had to ctl alt del to get out of it.

tried a ctl-r

i think its a crash. really i'm not sure...

oh BTW i will accept your surrender :)
MulberryHoN

Re: ATTN markfeldman

Post by MulberryHoN »

I have the same crash with Skyarrow. :cry:
What can I do?
markfeldman

Post by markfeldman »

wouldn't let me do anything about it. :D guess they needed to PLAYTEST this game more.
nostradunwhich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nostradunwhich »

That is a bit simplistic... unless you are using a reference hardware platform used to develop the program with a freshly installed OS install and absolutely no 3rd party applications of any kind, in which case please accept my apology.

However, assuming you have your own machine and some random collection of games and such installed, then more than likely there is some combination of factors that have caused the problem -- did you take the step to send information to Slitherine/Catrabbit so they can address the issue?

This thread has been around for a while, though, so hopefully we will get some response from the devs?
dox44

Post by dox44 »

":D guess they needed to PLAYTEST this game more."

the computer game has high potential but i've had at least one problem each day since i purchased. BUT i have bought the board game and i'm very happy with my
other matrix/slitherine purchases so i'm hoping this gets better.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if all bugs were game errors, then you'd think more would be posting, so for a guess it's a combo of hardware and drivers that are causing some errors for some people while others it doesn't effect, testing has little to do with it, when the combination of hardware and drivers, plus o/s are so massive on pc games, if big guys spend £50 million plus on development on top end games that still don't work for a high percentage of some users, how can the smaller firms do any better other than try :wink:

time and a clean system helps most of the time, so fresh install and up to date drivers :roll: :wink:

then if it still doesn't work, it could be 50/50 fault, with 50 being your pc and drivers, with the other half being any number of other factors with then only a small chance of any errors being game related, as to find a bug, first you have to know it's a bug, the patch / fix the problem, to do this first you have to replicate it on developers hardware or from a save of user error code etc, no save, data or anything else, then it's not going to be fixed or sorted, game has a auto error log built in, just press ctr R to send a report, when you see something that you don't think is right, bug related, not un fair or silly moves etc, then at least they have half a chance to fix it...

good luck
dox44

Post by dox44 »

yes i understand. i work in IT--deal with software conflicts all the time. drivers are up to date etc etc

i did press "ctl-r". it was painless. i have done so twice now. maybe 3 times but the first 6 times i did not.

that is my fault.

still more crashes with HON than the others and based on my past purchases of matrix/slitherine products,
it was unexpected.

i will continue to support HON and will buy any add ons...i look forward to the updates.

thanks,
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

not had one since release, with 200+hours played, retired now but also worked in IT, was on the beta also, added just for info btw
dox44

Post by dox44 »

thats fantastic!!! i'm very happy for you.

i'm not nearly up to 200 hours. i started fast but slowed down a little with the issues arising.
i'm at about 46.24 hours but you'll be glad to know i've found HON has more hot keys than
just "ctl-r".

progress!

and i still am deeply in love with both matrix and slitherine and appreciate their efforts
tremendously. i understand the parrot is just breathing erratically.

BA2 is great and i never bought BA...so maybe i'll go take a peek. i hear there is a demo

thanks to all...no need to respond and if Zak is your only customer...i expect to hear shortly
of the impending release of the first HON module...which i will buy promptly.

i'm out of here...seriously...do i hear cheering. how rude.

peace and love

mr feldman this does not release you from the serious thrashing i was putting on you when my
machine crashed HON...my only HON PBEM win.
markfeldman

Post by markfeldman »

BA is a better game. Love OPERATION Sealion and Market Garden.
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I enjoyed BA too (not BA2 as much).

But they are different games (HoN and BA). I prefer HoN's force construction (I like buying the base Platoon/Company tile and then adding options). I also think the heart of the HoN system is the Orders mechanic. You can't do everything you want to do each turn and you have to plan the order sequence carefully (more important in PvP games IMO). Once they have the cards implemented, HoN is pretty dynamic IMO.

BA gives a nice clean 'standard' tactical feel. It works very well as a game but I eventually gravitated back to Steel Panthers WW2 for that fix.

HoN gives a fresh take on the genre which is probably what has kept me going with it for a year or so now (the board game and now the PC game).
MulberryHoN

Post by MulberryHoN »

Hello,
I 'm disapointed. For the second party in two day the game bugg in multy player mode. But with Raddar 31 we detected anomaly when we employ sticky bomb. Could you make sure that this issue will be corrected in future update? I have the same issue with an other gamer when house colapse.
Now I have no wish to putting more into the game :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I'm sure you will work hard for solution it! :P :P :P
markfeldman

Post by markfeldman »

zakblood_slith wrote:if all bugs were game errors, then you'd think more would be posting, so for a guess it's a combo of hardware and drivers that are causing some errors for some people while others it doesn't effect, testing has little to do with it, when the combination of hardware and drivers, plus o/s are so massive on pc games, if big guys spend £50 million plus on development on top end games that still don't work for a high percentage of some users, how can the smaller firms do any better other than try :wink:

time and a clean system helps most of the time, so fresh install and up to date drivers :roll: :wink:

then if it still doesn't work, it could be 50/50 fault, with 50 being your pc and drivers, with the other half being any number of other factors with then only a small chance of any errors being game related, as to find a bug, first you have to know it's a bug, the patch / fix the problem, to do this first you have to replicate it on developers hardware or from a save of user error code etc, no save, data or anything else, then it's not going to be fixed or sorted, game has a auto error log built in, just press ctr R to send a report, when you see something that you don't think is right, bug related, not un fair or silly moves etc, then at least they have half a chance to fix it...

good luck
SEE dox44 it's our fault the game crashed !! but I think it is more 60/40 :D
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

has any of the patches made it any better for you now, or are you still having issues?
dox44

Post by dox44 »

haven't tried a PBEM lately. two out of first three crashed and those two were still staring me in the face--last time i looked.
radar231
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by radar231 »

Hi,

As far as I know, this bug is still there when you PBEM with sticky / magnetic bombs. With scenarios and campaign etc, no problems. You put the bomb(s) and see them explode at the reserve phase but when you click on play to continue the game, you get a picture like the one on the first post tread.

J. 8)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

welcome posting the errors as the developers need to know, CTR +r in game to report then they get more info of the crash or error thanks everyone
markfeldman

Post by markfeldman »

ok I keep hitting that and still the game is on my play list. it has crashed

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”