Smokin' Joe Stalin

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Smokin' Joe Stalin

Post by PoorOldSpike »

These combat shots are from my Battle Academy 2 Skirmish battle today using Ajax's Army Lists, me (German Infantry Co 1944/5, defending) against an AI Guards Tank Battalion attack.

1- I spotted 3 Stalins trundling down the road to attack my left flank, so I laid a mortar-smokescreen with the intention of picking them off one by one as they emerged from the smoke and it went like clockwork, my 88Flak accounted for all 3 at pointblank range, here two are smouldering wrecks and the third is about to join them in the scrapyard-

2- Having successfully checkmated the Russians on my left, I hurriedly deploy to the other flank to engage the heavy Russian metal over there (3 more Stalins and an SU-152) using the same smoke cloud tactics. Here the first one emerges from the smoke and I hurl my armour against it to butcher it in a feeding frenzy-

3- However the Russian pressure is relentless and his two remaining Stalins break out of the smoke, people are on the pitch, they think it's all over!
It is now, he batters my defence into submission and inflicts a 2-0 defeat on me by capturing both objectives..
(PS- I use Paul59's excellent yellow tracer mod as seen here)

Return to “Battle Academy 2: AAR”