Basic interface questions

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Chris21wen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Basic interface questions

Post by Chris21wen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:55 am

I don't like being negative about new games but I do find the following frustrating at best. Too some these will be small points but even small things have they place.

Unable to play the game in a window.
Other than a few hover points there's little in-game help. This is compounded by not being able to play the game in a window to access the pdf manual. For example take spying. From the main screen try and find out how it's done. If you can do this without going to the pdf please tell me.
No interface hotkeys. E.g. Load, save, exit etc. Actually there is a quick save, well it's called a quick save but to get to it you have to access the settings menu first! Not a quick save to me.

Now if I've missed these points and you can indeed do these things I apologise in advance but, if not, why oh why would any designer create a game without them? It's the sort of thing Microsoft would do and we all know they lack common sense.

Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Basic interface questions

Post by Tac2i » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:38 pm

You can play in a window. Go into settings, uncheck full screen and use the slider to reduce the game screen size to something less than full screen.
Chris21wen wrote: Unable to play the game in a window.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:05 am

Tac2i wrote:You can play in a window. Go into settings, uncheck full screen and use the slider to reduce the game screen size to something less than full screen.
Wish I could find it. What tab in setting?

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:17 am

Chris21wen wrote:
Tac2i wrote:You can play in a window. Go into settings, uncheck full screen and use the slider to reduce the game screen size to something less than full screen.
Wish I could find it. What tab in setting?

Ignore that, I was looking at the setting in-game. I found the setting in the autorun. I never use autorun normally and only looked there on the off chance. One last thing, the manual has no reference to being able to play in windowed mode for that matter there's very little info on Settings at all.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 am

so all sorted now and happy?

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 am

zakblood_slith wrote:so all sorted now and happy?
About Windowed mode, yes! But my other comments still stand.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 am

ok noted, will see what the developer has to say with his replies on it thanks

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Chris21wen wrote: No interface hotkeys. E.g. Load, save, exit etc. Actually there is a quick save, well it's called a quick save but to get to it you have to access the settings menu first! Not a quick save to me.
Quick save - Ctrl+S
Exit - Esc

Actually, there are a lot of keyboard shortcuts and I was under the impression the manual should list them...

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:57 am

Ufnv wrote:
Chris21wen wrote: No interface hotkeys. E.g. Load, save, exit etc. Actually there is a quick save, well it's called a quick save but to get to it you have to access the settings menu first! Not a quick save to me.
Quick save - Ctrl+S
Exit - Esc

Actually, there are a lot of keyboard shortcuts and I was under the impression the manual should list them...
Your also correct, not where I'd have listed them. When I did a pdf search for the word 'exit' it does not find it. Well it would as it save 'Main Menu'. It's like playing those old time adventure games were you had to type in a word to tell it what to do. All you had to is know what words were used.

Quick save I have no excuse for other than I did not look under Galaxy Map for it.

Thanks

Return to “Polaris Sector”