Beta patch 1.3

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Post Reply
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: Central Texas

Beta patch 1.3

Post by solops » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Will the beta be available for us non-steam users?

Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: WV USA

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Tac2i » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 pm

What beta patch?

Traianus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Traianus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Out tomorrow according to their post on Steam.

solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by solops » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:48 pm

So are we going to get a beta patch too, or do you have to own the Steam version to get it? I hate Steam.

Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: WV USA

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Tac2i » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:45 pm

From what I read it will appear first on Steam. Hopefully a Slitherine version appears very quickly after that.

Update: beta is now available for Steam users.

Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:27 am

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Rosseau » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:14 am

Time to back up my modded game. Thanks for the warning!

pompacl
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by pompacl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:05 am

Tac2i wrote:From what I read it will appear first on Steam. Hopefully a Slitherine version appears very quickly after that.

Update: beta is now available for Steam users.
as a Steam user, how do I get the beta? From another game I remember that I had to do something special to get beta updates but I don't remember what it was.

Traianus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Traianus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:09 am

pompacl wrote:
Tac2i wrote:From what I read it will appear first on Steam. Hopefully a Slitherine version appears very quickly after that.

Update: beta is now available for Steam users.
as a Steam user, how do I get the beta? From another game I remember that I had to do something special to get beta updates but I don't remember what it was.
Right click the game, chose Properties, click the BETA tab.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13503
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm

We're just checking we didn't break anything before preparing a stand alone patch. The final patch will be released simultaneously.

pompacl
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by pompacl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Traianus wrote:
pompacl wrote:
Tac2i wrote:From what I read it will appear first on Steam. Hopefully a Slitherine version appears very quickly after that.

Update: beta is now available for Steam users.
as a Steam user, how do I get the beta? From another game I remember that I had to do something special to get beta updates but I don't remember what it was.
Right click the game, chose Properties, click the BETA tab.
Thank you!

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:16 am
Location: California, USA

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by FroBodine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Steam is wonderful. I don't understand the hatred some have towards Steam. All your games are automatically updated, and quickly. And, they often have huge sales, which gets me in trouble too often. :o)

Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: WV USA

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Tac2i » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Me too... 8)
FroBodine wrote:they (Steam) often have huge sales, which gets me in trouble too often. :o

Traianus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Traianus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 pm

FroBodine wrote:Steam is wonderful. I don't understand the hatred some have towards Steam. All your games are automatically updated, and quickly. And, they often have huge sales, which gets me in trouble too often. :o)
I don't get it either.

I didn't use the Steam key for this game yet only because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

bobarossa
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by bobarossa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Two words: Online DRM

I realize Matrix/Slitherine doesn't use Steam's DRM but I have yet to find anyone who will tell me that they were able to download the game, save it to a backup drive, delete Steam entirely, and restore the game to playable condition. The key is that I will not buy a game that requires someone else to allow me to restore it if my hard drive crashes. I never play multiplayer so I don't care about Steam's multiplayer capabilities. I also don't like autopatching as it can break save games. Steam has been unreliable (according to posts I've read) about preventing autopatches when you disable them.

Traianus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Traianus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 am

No need to be connected to Steam to play a game.

Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Firefox440 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:39 am

FroBodine wrote:Steam is wonderful. I don't understand the hatred some have towards Steam. All your games are automatically updated, and quickly. And, they often have huge sales, which gets me in trouble too often. :o)
The unique good thing from Steam is the library and save all your game without be installed in your hard disk.

But it is not wonderful. By default it updates everything, by default you need be online with most of the games, by default it gives problems with mods, by default the workshop used with mods has stopped more mods than promote them because people are taking the work from others as their own work. By default Steam is non-perfect.

And by default, I recomend to buy a Slitherine game here because after it, you can get freely the Steam key.;)

Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: WV USA

Re: Beta patch 1.3

Post by Tac2i » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Roger that...
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
And by default, I recomend to buy a Slitherine (or Matrix Games) game here because after it, you can get freely the Steam key.;)

Post Reply

Return to “Polaris Sector”