Polaris Sector 1.04c Patch

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Polaris Sector 1.04c Patch

Post by AlbertoC »

After extensive testing, the 1.04c patch for Polaris Sector is released!
The game is constantly being upgraded, and the developers have recently asked the community what they would like to see in the next major update. So stay tuned for more news!

You can download the patch here

Changelog:

• Vast modding API improvement
• Heroes backend is now fully functional
• New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
• Destruction of planets
• Weapon type that can fire capital ships only (ex. SW Death Star weapon)
• Customizable look for missiles
• Satellites and stations can now have fuel cells and refuelling stations to act as a refuel and repair bases far from colonized planets
• Separated fuel reserve from travel range, meaning that a ship or station without engines (and thus no travel range) can still has a fuel reserve
• Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
• Possibility to use several mods simultaneously
• AI tweaks both in combat and on strategic map
• Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories
• Fixed the Military Training Center
• Fixed CellsEditor starting incorrectly the new ship body without cells
• Fixed the problem with AI fleets attacking from extreme range due to “AI fuel cheat”
• Fixed calculations of autoresolve for some battles that involve satellites
• Changed Science Domination conditions
• Science development index is now shown in percentage, not in the raw points
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Polaris Sector 1.04c Patch

Post by bjgrt »

AlbertoC wrote:• Changed Science Domination conditions
Changed how? Where can I read the new conditions?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
In the pop-up message when you hover your mouse cursor over the "Domination" check-box.

Now it's 65% for other races.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Ufnv wrote:
bjgrt wrote:
In the pop-up message when you hover your mouse cursor over the "Domination" check-box.

Now it's 65% for other races.
Thanks.
The (scrollable) list of achievements on the "victory" screen is a nice touch.
That is that?
Haven't seen it before.
Haven't seen it before.
race.png (15.37 KiB) Viewed 11392 times
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:The (scrollable) list of achievements on the "victory" screen is a nice touch.
That is that?
race.png
Pirates :)
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

AlbertoC wrote:• Fixed the problem with AI fleets attacking from extreme range due to “AI fuel cheat”
Does this apply to pirates? They are good as a faction (sort of), but I don't like them attacking right from the start (and disable them).
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
AlbertoC wrote:• Fixed the problem with AI fleets attacking from extreme range due to “AI fuel cheat”
Does this apply to pirates? They are good as a faction (sort of), but I don't like them attacking right from the start (and disable them).
No, pirates are scripted, not AI-driven.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

AlbertoC wrote:• Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
The "editable fix reserve number per ship" implementation is quite lame (in my opinion). There where many ways to do it - reserve enough to "get home" or custom reserve at refueling with or without "partial refuel" button, with settings in the config and/or at ship's level, - but you've chosen something that fills more like a dirty hack rather than a proper UI feature (set).
peterw

Post by peterw »

bjgrt wrote:
AlbertoC wrote:• Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
The "editable fix reserve number per ship" implementation is quite lame (in my opinion). There where many ways to do it - reserve enough to "get home" or custom reserve at refueling with or without "partial refuel" button, with settings in the config and/or at ship's level, - but you've chosen something that fills more like a dirty hack rather than a proper UI feature (set).
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
There is always somebody to complain whatever path you choose. The way I did the fuel reserve you and only you is responsible for your decision - at least nobody can complain about wrong AI decisions. For all other variants I can immediately draft you a number of situations when that solution does not work properly.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

People who asked for the fuel reserve (I didn't) wont be able to use it this way. If you can (and care to) do the precise calculations needed - you probably can get around without the reserve. There are situations in which that feature is the only way (like refueling a scout with bigger fuel volume than a tanker), but I'd rather just avoid them - too much hustle changing the number back and forth.
You just hasn't really added the value to the game by adding that feature this way. :(
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote: You just hasn't really added the value to the game by adding that feature this way. :(
I think exactly opposite, but I value your opinion. :)
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

I've only played three games with the new official patch, but the AI fuel cheat (specifically, "Corvettes of Doom" in the early game) hasn't shown up so it would appear you have well and truly squashed it! Huzzah! :D

There are always minor little things in any game but I am having fun tweaking this and that to my personal taste-- emphasis on "having fun". :D Thank you!
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

RandomAttack wrote:AI fuel cheat (specifically, "Corvettes of Doom" in the early game) hasn't shown up
It has changed the gameplay a lot. Allows to expand the "exploration" phase (if turn off pirates).
BTW, did "treasures" get "bigger" because of the patch?
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

AlbertoC wrote:• New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
Haven't seen a single asteroid belt yet (in the maximum size galaxy). Is this something to care about?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
AlbertoC wrote:• New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
Haven't seen a single asteroid belt yet (in the maximum size galaxy). Is this something to care about?
No, it's the possibility supported in the code and used by the SW mod, but not present in the vanilla game.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
RandomAttack wrote:AI fuel cheat (specifically, "Corvettes of Doom" in the early game) hasn't shown up
It has changed the gameplay a lot. Allows to expand the "exploration" phase (if turn off pirates).
BTW, did "treasures" get "bigger" because of the patch?
Not sure what are you talking about here :(
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Ufnv wrote:
bjgrt wrote:BTW, did "treasures" get "bigger" because of the patch?
It seems like I'm getting more technology and resources from "anomalies" than before. Could be subjective though.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:
Ufnv wrote:
bjgrt wrote:BTW, did "treasures" get "bigger" because of the patch?
It seems like I'm getting more technology and resources from "anomalies" than before. Could be subjective though.
I think, just better luck or you open them later in game - they adopt a little to the current game state.
JosEPhII
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by JosEPhII »

You guys talk about things that don't show up in the 1.05b patch!

Apparently the 1.04b version was a better version. 1.05b is buggy! "Ghost" Pirate fighter ships left over your planet after a battle. Almost destroyed but yet untouchable. Cause every time you build a new ship on the planet it gets Hung up with a Red "Time???" over the build when it should have finished so you could finally destroy the 1 -4 Ghost Pirate ships that are still hovering over the planet.

That's just 1 of the major bugs still left in this game. It's not a finished game is it?! And support seems to be non existent now a year after the 1.05b patch came out. I guess I was stupid for not reading more reviews about this game when I bought it last week. Seems I've thrown $40 down the toilet and flushed! :evil:

Return to “Polaris Sector”