Orbital shipyard keeps disappearing

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
cel70
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Orbital shipyard keeps disappearing

Post by cel70 »

I've been playing this for a couple of days now getting to grips with it. So far I've found it quite easy to get into, except for one problem I've had every single time. My orbital shipyard always seems to disappear. I searched online but nobody seems to have mentioned it. The closest clue I got was someone mentioning pirates destroying the orbital shipyard. But the game never seems to alert me to the fact my orbital shipyard has gone, it's only when I need to build a ship and I discover my orbital shipyard has gone.

Also, may as well ask another question. When a planet produces production points are those points only available to use on the planet itself, or do they add to a production point "pool" that can be used by any friendly colony?
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Orbital shipyard keeps disappearing

Post by bjgrt »

cel70 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 am Also, may as well ask another question. When a planet produces production points are those points only available to use on the planet itself, or do they add to a production point "pool" that can be used by any friendly colony?
Generally - on the planet itself, with some (complicated) exception for Lumens.
cel70

Post by cel70 »

I played again and my orbital shipyard still disappeared, with no enemies nearby. Perhaps when I set the planet policy to "Innovation" it decided to demolish my shipyard? Apart from invisible pirates I can see no other explanation! :wink:
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

cel70 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:53 pm Perhaps when I set the planet policy to "Innovation" it decided to demolish my shipyard?
There is a parameter AllowBuildingAutoDestructionForPlayer in the config file - seems to be set to true by default. You can change it to false if you know where your config file is and how to edit it (otherwise I suggest to don't try).

Return to “Polaris Sector”