Fleets manager

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Fleets manager

Post by anguille »

Lumens does not have a manual and i can't figure out how to use the fleets manager...any help?

Thanks
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Fleets manager

Post by bjgrt »

The game developement seem to be dead due to insufficient sales.
Lumens aren't too different from others. There are a few bugs related to them that probably aren't going to be fixed. What problem(s) do you have with them?
The latest "fleets" addition is something you don't want to touch (in my opinion).
anguille

Post by anguille »

bjgrt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 pm The game developement seem to be dead due to insufficient sales.
Lumens aren't too different from others. There are a few bugs related to them that probably aren't going to be fixed. What problem(s) do you have with them?
The latest "fleets" addition is something you don't want to touch (in my opinion).
Thanks. I was referring to Lumens as the DLC. My question is only on how to use the "fleet manager". It's not clear to me. Why is it you don't recommend to use it?
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Darvin3 »

It doesn't actually save you any micromanagement. Just build the ships you want to maintain your desired ship balance, and when they die replace them either with another of the same ship or a completely new model that fulfills the same role.
anguille

Post by anguille »

Darvin3 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:16 pm It doesn't actually save you any micromanagement. Just build the ships you want to maintain your desired ship balance, and when they die replace them either with another of the same ship or a completely new model that fulfills the same role.
Thanks. But I don't understand how the fleet managers actually works.
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Darvin3 »

First go to the ship designer and the create the designs you want. Once you're happy with your design, go and click on the little chain link icon next to their name, and link them with a role that best suits them. Now go to the fleet manager. Click on "create new fleet". The ship designs that you tagged with specific roles should now appear there. Drag and drop them into the deployment zone to create the fleet composition you want. When you're happy, save the composition. Now exit the fleet designer and select a ship or fleet. Click the chain link icon on the top right of the fleet info card and select your chosen composition. Now a "complete this fleet" button should appear, and when you click it the necessary ships to complete the fleet should be built.

In theory this is very cool; if you create a new upgraded version of a ship you just need to make sure it has the same role as the old one and your fleets will automatically prefer the new type and can assemble common fleets with fewer clicks. In practice, it doesn't really save that much time over just queuing up the units you want and merging or splitting as it's convenient to do so.
anguille

Post by anguille »

Thanks for the detailled explanations! 8)

Return to “Polaris Sector”